Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by notorial dissent »

Some pot users simply get mellow and/or high, some get manic/hyper and some who are prone to it get even more paranoid and weird than they were to start with, and if that is the case they really shouldn't be using.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote:Some pot users simply get mellow and/or high, some get manic/hyper and some who are prone to it get even more paranoid and weird than they were to start with, and if that is the case they really shouldn't be using.
That's why I stopped smoking weed. It just made me paranoid :shock:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote:Some pot users simply get mellow and/or high, some get manic/hyper and some who are prone to it get even more paranoid and weird than they were to start with, and if that is the case they really shouldn't be using.
That reminds me of the old "marijuana is a gateway drug" fable. If it were true, then my entire generation would be stumbling around in a never-ending search for our next high. Instead, we baby boomers are common in the halls of political and corporate power (as well as in the Illuminati, but I won't get into that); and the last Presidential election pitted two boomers against each other. The people who have drug problems are often those who would smoke pencil shavings or dryer lint if they thought that it would get them high; so if it's not marijuana, it will be something else.

The actual gateway is the drug pusher who sells marijuana, but also gives out free samples of "this great stuff that will get you REALLY high", knowing that (to steal a line from Tom Lehrer) "today's young innocent faces will be tomorrow's clientele".
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent

Entirely and all too true. Those who are inclined to abuse something will regardless of what it is, be it alcohol, pot, or whatever, and those who aren't generally don't.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:
The actual gateway is the drug pusher who sells marijuana, but also gives out free samples of "this great stuff that will get you REALLY high", knowing that (to steal a line from Tom Lehrer) "today's young innocent faces will be tomorrow's clientele".

In about thirty five years of consuming exotic chemicals I've never met a drug 'pusher' who gives free samples to anybody. I've known plenty of dealers and counted some of them as friends but none of them 'pushed' anything. In my experience it's not a matter of dealers lacking clients it's potential clients lacking dealers. In any event, unless you go some way up the food chain towards wholesalers the margins on naughty substances are nowhere near large enough to cover free samples.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

longdog wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:

In about thirty five years of consuming exotic chemicals I've never met a drug 'pusher' who gives free samples to anybody. I've known plenty of dealers and counted some of them as friends but none of them 'pushed' anything. In my experience it's not a matter of dealers lacking clients it's potential clients lacking dealers. In any event, unless you go some way up the food chain towards wholesalers the margins on naughty substances are nowhere near large enough to cover free samples.

I knew of a few, back in the 60s. Give a client a $5 bag of smack and get him to try it; and you make back your investment many times over.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
longdog

Post by longdog »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
longdog wrote:
Pottapaug1938 wrote:
I knew of a few, back in the 60s. Give a client a $5 bag of smack and get him to try it; and you make back your investment many times over.
Hmmmm.... That doesn't sound like a very good business plan to me. Smack is addictive but it's not that addictive.

Most people who get addicted to H get their introduction through friends not through random meetings with dealers.
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

longdog wrote:
I knew of a few, back in the 60s. Give a client a $5 bag of smack and get him to try it; and you make back your investment many times over.[/quote]

Hmmmm.... That doesn't sound like a very good business plan to me. Smack is addictive but it's not that addictive.

Most people who get addicted to H get their introduction through friends not through random meetings with dealers.[/quote]

I just checked with an old friend who was an addict for many years. He said that pushers used to know who should get the free samples. Not everyone got offered them; but those who did were the types who would become regular users.

And yes, smack WAS "that addictive", because we both knew people who had a hell of a time getting off of the stuff.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

GOOFies are trying to argue that an approved application for a credit card doesn't form an agreement, so credit card bills don't need to be paid, and can't be enforced in court.
williams2583 wrote:My understanding is that an application is just that and cannot be construed as an agreement.
ausk wrote:A contract cannot be formed just because they have approved your application for credit.
One GOOFy is, sensibly, seeking evidence:
always in trouble wrote:Can anyone point me to legislation or case law that will help me .
Nope, because case law says the opposite. For example Carey:
26. The signed application form, detached from the booklet, is then sent to Barclaycard. If it approves the application, it signs the form as well. At that point there comes into existence an executed agreement.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
notorial dissent

Points. Of. Law?????????? New level of fotl stupid????
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

littleFred wrote:
williams2583 wrote:My understanding is that an application is just that and cannot be construed as an agreement.
ausk wrote:A contract cannot be formed just because they have approved your application for credit.
Ouch. When I was two weeks into my first year of law school, I could have told this buffoon that yes, a contract IS formed when they approve your credit application. After they accept your application and send you the credit card, you gain the right to draw upon their financial resources to pay your vendors, to the credit card company's financial detriment, on the expectation that you will then repay the credit card company. That's one of the earliest lessons in "Contract Formation 101".
Last edited by Pottapaug1938 on Fri Apr 07, 2017 5:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
notorial dissent

Yes, you know that, I know that, and IANAL, and most of the sane universe knows that, but that isn't the answer they want. They want to believe you are filling out that application for funsies and that any money they lend you is a gift.
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

https://www.sovereignparalegals.uk/
Don’t know if sovereign paralegals AKA sovereign solicitors deserve their own thread but they now have a website with some very ambitious claims for 2017. The group was started by David Giaramita as a facebook group. Now a closed group and unlisted, as well as a youtube channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqfimw ... 4wA/videos
David seems to have totally lost the plot after he was unable to see his kids and as fallen head first into the sovereign citizen movement with a side order of FMOTL, garnished with Magna Carta bull.
Although he does not pay all the usual’s council tax, utilities and child support, he also claims to not pay road tax and car insurance.
He has high hopes for 2017 will be interesting if he is still on a high come 2018!
Also just had my comment deleted on his latest video as his website has copyright at the bottom of the page so I just asked the question “how do you plan on defending a copyright infringement” as I was unaware copyright law was part of the Magna Carta :haha:
Pottapaug1938

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

I notice that our old Sweetheart of Quatloos Chi, Hannah Rose (Shotbolt) is mentioned on this site.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

So, despite the numerous YouTube videos to the contrary, these idiots still believe they are immune to court proceedings?

There is a very good video from the USA of a judge picking holes in a Sov Cits arguement-

"Was the person, human, entity, man, living person in control of a vehicle went it got stopped? Yes?" :snicker:
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:Ouch. When I was two weeks into my first year of law school, I could have told this buffoon that yes, a contract IS formed when they approve your credit application.
Especially when it says "Application For Credit Card Agreement", or equivalent wording, right at the top. Requesting to enter into a contract is the very purpose of the form. Does he really think he can get a credit card and no credit card contract? It amazes me what illogical positions people can talk themselves into when it suits their purpose.
notorial dissent

Yes, the offer is in the form of the application, and there is completion if they extend credit. I continue to think that stupidity and greed are the primary factors here most of the time, but I also think there is a hefty dose of ignorance and illiteracy also playing a very large portion of it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

My hometown proving once again that we have the best collection of loons in the UK per population.

That's right boys, roll up for the annual BCG 'great Nottingham moot'.

£10 a go. Bargain .

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B6HOtd ... RFZVU/view

:mrgreen:
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

I've just had a look, what the hell is sovereign national credit and how the hell has it been proven to work???

Here's one of their nutjobs thinking he's actually called Buckingham palace and spoke to the Queen!

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... =613622535