Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

bmxninja357
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by bmxninja357 »

FatGambit wrote:Electricity is preferable, at least they won't blow up half the street fiddling with that, just themselves.
You ever see a big transformer blow up? It's way worse than you think.

Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by notorial dissent »

The Observer wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:...[A]nd messing with gas plumbing is not something for the uninitiated and functionally incompetent.
Unless one is an advocate of social Darwinism...
Yeah, except that kind of special stupid often takes other non involved parties and property with them when they go. Usually messing with the elektrizikal, as Lisa Douglas used to day, only gets the dummy involved.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I'm looking forward to the day when a kook takes the 'fit your own meter and you won't have to pay for your electricity / gas' theory to its illogical confusion [not-sic] and claims you can get free groceries by taking your own checkout to Tesco. :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

bmxninja357 wrote:
FatGambit wrote:Electricity is preferable, at least they won't blow up half the street fiddling with that, just themselves.

Ninj
Agreed... For the uninitiated, in Canada, your power meter is an unfuzed direct connection between line and user. Sometimes there may be a pole breaker in rural locations, but basicly you're handling direct line voltage. Easy to pull a meter in theory, but in practicality you better have acquired the motor skills to handle the task.
With respect to watching a transformer blow, a few years ago I had a family of ravens living at my house. One of them thought there was something tasty at the local transformer substation and in the process of self immolation she blew out power for half the county for two days.
notorial dissent

longdog wrote:I'm looking forward to the day when a kook takes the 'fit your own meter and you won't have to pay for your electricity / gas' theory to its illogical confusion [not-sic] and claims you can get free groceries by taking your own checkout to Tesco. :snicker:
Would certainly be the (il)logical extension of the theory. :snicker:

I can't remember what the line voltage in Canada is, 110 or 240? I know UK and most of Europe is 240
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

notorial dissent wrote:
longdog wrote:I'm looking forward to the day when a kook takes the 'fit your own meter and you won't have to pay for your electricity / gas' theory to its illogical confusion [not-sic] and claims you can get free groceries by taking your own checkout to Tesco. :snicker:

I can't remember what the line voltage in Canada is, 110 or 240? I know UK and most of Europe is 240
It's 110. I can bring my electrical appliances north of the border and have them work without a converter.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

FatGambit wrote:Six weeks more like...
At severe risk of being off topic and annoying the mods:
http://newsthump.com/2016/05/04/trump-n ... to-itself/
but it is funny....
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

notorial dissent wrote:I can't remember what the line voltage in Canada is, 110 or 240? I know UK and most of Europe is 240
If only it was that simple. The EU has been going for nearly 50 years and we haven't standardised this yet. UK wanted to stay with 240v, but all the perfidious continentals wanted to stay with 220v. Instead of making a sensible decision, the European supply standard is now deliberately vague so that nobody has to change anything. As we haven't standardised the plugs and sockets either, there is no actual harmonisation in practice. http://www.schneider-electric.co.uk/en/faqs/FA144717/
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:

It's 110. I can bring my electrical appliances north of the border and have them work without a converter.
Not exactly. Residential is something called split-phase. Line to line voltage is 240V. Line to ground (earth for you Brits) or neutral (which is bonded to ground) is 120V. Smaller industrial units can be typically 600/347V 3-phase in Canada whereas in the US, 480/277V 3-phase is typical.
eric

Post by eric »

Philistine wrote: Not exactly. Residential is something called split-phase. Line to line voltage is 240V. Line to ground (earth for you Brits) or neutral (which is bonded to ground) is 120V. Smaller industrial units can be typically 600/347V 3-phase in Canada whereas in the US, 480/277V 3-phase is typical.
Pretty accurate. Depending how you split it, and whether or not your input is standard residential 240 or something industrial, your "120" in Canada can be 110, 117, 120, or 125 and definitely 60 cycle, unlike Europe which is 50 cycle. Usually not of major concern except for some specialized applications such as small refrigeration compressors that get excited and suffer early failure when the line voltage is only 110. That used to be a comfortable money maker in a former life of mine at 17 K$ per compressor, changed annually, until I had a fit of conscience and told the customers to purchase a $400 variac and hook it up to the approximate 240 instead so they got a guaranteed 120.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

bmxninja357 wrote:

Ninj
Haha as it happens yes, the one at the end of our street went boom about five years ago, quiet a spectacular fireworks display, after two days of no electric they put a temporary station in that was on the back of a lorry and it stayed there for two months while they built a new transformer.

What I mean was that someone fiddling with their electric here was more likely to kill themselves before anyone else, if they did manage to screw the system too much the 100Amp fuse would blow (most here are either outside, or away from the meter which is the fiddle point for meter fiddlers), given what they want to achieve, it's unlikely that they would blow the transformer.

In comparison, gas is relatively simple to fiddle, turn the gas off, remove meter and replace it with either a prefabricated connector (which can be bought on eBay for a fee quid) or a bike tyre innertube and then re-turn on the gas, voila, free gas. The problem with this is it is relatively simple enough to do that even the stupidest of people would have no trouble achieving it, but whether they would complete the task safely is another matter, and unlike electricity which would probably at worst burn the house down, a gas leak could result in half the street being levelled, so yeah given the choice, I'd rather someone messed around with their electric supply than their gas, if they insisted that is (I'd rather they didn't at all obviously).
eric

Post by eric »

Two problems with fiddling with your gas meter:
1. In most of North America the gas shutoff is part of the meter itself, one on top, and the most important one underneath;
2. In many jurisdictions your gas useage is monitored from RF transmissions from the meter itself. After about a month of zero gas useage, or a report of a meter not transmitting accurately someone would notice and investigate.

To by pass your meter you would need to dig down to the line before the meter, put a squeeze on the line to shut off the gas, and then jury rig some sort of bypass at the meter where you have standard connections. Not for the faint of heart, requires special tools and expertise.
notorial dissent

As near as I can tell, these rocket surgeons have enough problems doign the simple common things in life, like tying their shoes or walking and chewing gum at the same time, that something that actually is complex like fiddling with a meter or changing a spark plug is probably well beyond them, which is why the high probability of them ending themselves, at the very least, and possibly those around them if they try this trick at home. Kind of like the prime specimen example who decided he'd watched his bombmaker friend do it a couple of times and decided to try it himself in his own garage, thankfully, and made quite a mess of himself in the process, as well as burning down the garage as I understand. Some kinds of stupid you just can't fix.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

notorial dissent wrote:As near as I can tell, these rocket surgeons have enough problems doign the simple common things in life, like tying their shoes or walking and chewing gum at the same time, that something that actually is complex like fiddling with a meter or changing a spark plug is probably well beyond them, which is why the high probability of them ending themselves, at the very least, and possibly those around them if they try this trick at home. Kind of like the prime specimen example who decided he'd watched his bombmaker friend do it a couple of times and decided to try it himself in his own garage, thankfully, and made quite a mess of himself in the process, as well as burning down the garage as I understand. Some kinds of stupid you just can't fix.
There's only one cure for this special type of stupid and sounds like he found it !!

Question is... how and why do you become friends with a bomb maker :shock: ! :shrug:
notorial dissent

AndyPandy wrote:
Question is... how and why do you become friends with a bomb maker :shock: ! :shrug:

It's a sovcit bonding thing, thankfully not something you're likely to come in contact with, although in some places you might have one for a next door neighbor. I make it a point to NOT live in those parts of the country. I'm pretty easy going, but I draw the line at pot and bomb shops and methlabs.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

eric wrote:
Philistine wrote: Not exactly. Residential is something called split-phase. Line to line voltage is 240V. Line to ground (earth for you Brits) or neutral (which is bonded to ground) is 120V. Smaller industrial units can be typically 600/347V 3-phase in Canada whereas in the US, 480/277V 3-phase is typical.
Pretty accurate. Depending how you split it, and whether or not your input is standard residential 240 or something industrial, your "120" in Canada can be 110, 117, 120, or 125 and definitely 60 cycle, unlike Europe which is 50 cycle. Usually not of major concern except for some specialized applications such as small refrigeration compressors that get excited and suffer early failure when the line voltage is only 110. That used to be a comfortable money maker in a former life of mine at 17 K$ per compressor, changed annually, until I had a fit of conscience and told the customers to purchase a $400 variac and hook it up to the approximate 240 instead so they got a guaranteed 120.
Not sure what you're on about since my only point was to the subject that if the monkeys try to work on the meter, there is a potential voltage there of ~240V line to line.

/Qualified electrician for over 30 years.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

eric wrote:Two problems with fiddling with your gas meter:
1. In most of North America the gas shutoff is part of the meter itself, one on top, and the most important one underneath;
2. In many jurisdictions your gas useage is monitored from RF transmissions from the meter itself. After about a month of zero gas useage, or a report of a meter not transmitting accurately someone would notice and investigate.

To by pass your meter you would need to dig down to the line before the meter, put a squeeze on the line to shut off the gas, and then jury rig some sort of bypass at the meter where you have standard connections. Not for the faint of heart, requires special tools and expertise.
Neither of those apply here, the shutoff is before the meter, and smart meters are only just being installed, a friend who works for one of the gas companies arranging the installations tells me they only install about 1 in every 10 they try to arrange, as he put it, Joe Public is resisting (smart meters are optional here, for now), most people don't believe the sales pitch, because as he puts it, even a person with half an ounce of common sense sees right through it.
#six

Post by #six »

George unable to understand that his questions have been answered in full!

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-813014
Question: I will be grateful if you would confirm that TVBC does and has
accept(ed) WeRe Bank cheques as payment for Council Tax.

Answer: No, we do not accept WeRe Bank cheques & never have.
So like the freetard that he is demands more answers.
There must be a reason why TVBC has not and will not accept WeRe Bank cheques. I will be grateful therefore be grateful if you would please confirm:

A. Why TVBC has not and will not accept WeRe Bank cheques.

B. Are TVBC stating that the weRe Bank cheques are fraudulent cheques.

C. Has TVBC refused to present WeRe Bank cheques for clearing.

D. Are TVBC acting "ultra vires".

I understand that WeRe Bank is a Private bank operating under common law - and that it cannot be nullified or ignored.

Finally, I will be grateful if you would kindly answer the following two (2) questions:

1. Does TVBC accept promissory notes "bank notes" as payment for a debt; and if not, why not.

2. Will TVBC accept legal tender - if TVBC prove that there exists an "outstanding debt; and if not, why not.
and https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-543690
1. Is House of Lords a Private Corporation (i.e. a Private Company).

2. If yes, what is the House of Lords Registration Number.

3. If yes, what is the House of Lords Registered Address.

4. If yes, who are the major shareholders of House of Lords.

5. If yes, does House of Lords come under the jurisdiction of Statute Law and not Common Law.

6. If yes, is it true that House of Lords has no jurisdiction over Men and Women under Common Law.

7. If yes, why does House of Lords act as if it has jurisdiction over Men and Women under Common Law.

8. If yes, does House of Lords only have jurisdiction over consenting citizens under Statute Law (or the international Admiralty Maritime Law of the Sea).
the reply
The House of Lords is the second chamber of the UK Parliament. It is independent from, and complements the work of, the elected House of Commons. The Lords shares the task of making and shaping laws and checking and challenging the work of the Government. As the second chamber of the UK Parliament, the House of Lords is not a private company.
So you would think that since they answered No that the question was fully answered. Not to Geroge. Perhaps he didn't fully understand what he in fact asked.
I will be grateful if you would actually answer my querstions 5, 6, 7 and 8 please, repeated below:

5. Does House of Lords come under the jurisdiction of Statute Law and not Common Law.

6. Is it true that House of Lords has no jurisdiction over Men and Women under Common Law.

7. Why does House of Lords act as if it has jurisdiction over Men and Women under Common Law.

8. Does House of Lords only have jurisdiction over consenting citizens under Statute Law (or the international Admiralty Maritime Law of the Sea).
Well George, they did ACTUALLY answer you
Pox

Post by Pox »

#six wrote:George unable to understand that his questions have been answered in full!

Well George, they did ACTUALLY answer you
I wouldn't say that I am normally a fan of capital punishment but in George's case maybe the red queen in Alice in Wonderland) had it right (off with his head).

Only joking !

I feel sorry for George. I suspect that his only contact with the outside world is posting, and receiving a reply, from various sites such as 'what do they know?'.
Perhaps the only communication from anybody that he receives (and even these are largely anonymous).

In the meantime, his constant calls for any relief from his loneliness probably costs the taxpayer quite a few pennies.

George, I don't know your circumstances, but you need to get out more.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

bmxninja357 wrote:

Ninj
They can always start a fire with that kind of voltage/amperage.

And, if what I see on TV here in the colonies is any indication, many houses in the UK are what we would call row houses or town houses, which means that if someone messes with their electric meter and sets his house on fire, there's a good chance the fire will spread to his neighbors' houses. So, actually, they CAN destroy half (or more) of the street. It just takes a little longer.