Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

noblepa
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by noblepa »

longdog wrote:I'm looking forward to the day when a kook takes the 'fit your own meter and you won't have to pay for your electricity / gas' theory to its illogical confusion [not-sic] and claims you can get free groceries by taking your own checkout to Tesco. :snicker:
Off Topic: I heard a few days ago, that the Queen won a 50 pound gift card to Tesco. That'll help the budget at Buckingham Palace.
noblepa

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by noblepa »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:
longdog wrote:I'm looking forward to the day when a kook takes the 'fit your own meter and you won't have to pay for your electricity / gas' theory to its illogical confusion [not-sic] and claims you can get free groceries by taking your own checkout to Tesco. :snicker:
Would certainly be the (il)logical extension of the theory. :snicker:

I can't remember what the line voltage in Canada is, 110 or 240? I know UK and most of Europe is 240
It's 110. I can bring my electrical appliances north of the border and have them work without a converter.
I don't know about Canada, but I suspect that it is like it is in the US, since we share a common power grid in many places. In the US, the power coming into the house is 240v, on two lines, plus ground. The two lines are each 120v, but 180 degrees out of phase. If a major appliance needs 240v, you tap across the two lines. If it needs 120v, you tap from one line to ground. The normal outlets in the home tap from one line to ground, giving 120v. Major appliances, like stoves, furnaces, clothes dryers or water heaters, tap both lines for 240v.

My electric meter, and I think most in the US, is a sealed glass unit that plugs into a receptacle. There is no fuse or circuit breaker between the receptacle and the power company's line. There is a 100 or 200 amp master breaker in the breaker box and seperate 20-30 amp breakers for each circuit in the house. If your power is shut off, they come out, remove the meter by simply breaking a seal and popping the meter out of the receptacle and putting a protective plate over the opening. I would never attempt this on my own, because of the amperage involved.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

That's one of the drawbacks of living in multi-density housing. We regularly have events around here where a fire will start in one unit and take out an entire block of units and all be a write-off.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

#six wrote:Well George, they did ACTUALLY answer you
George's approach reminds me of 9-11 Truthers. They have an endless string of questions, and ignore any answer they're given.

Though I think George's game is to trick the government into giving some kind of answer he can later use in support of FMOTL theories.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

George doesn't actually want his questions to be answered, he already 'knows' the score, what he is looking for is either:

1) Confirmation that he is correct by them telling him exactly what he wants to hear.

or;

2) Confirmation that he is correct, as well as evidence of a conspiracy against the British people by them telling him what reality is.

He's not looking for truth, like all truthers he's ignorant enough to believe he's worked that out.
Warning may contain traces of nut
notorial dissent

He already "knows" the answers, he is either looking for confirmation or proof of the conspiracy. So regardless of what he gets, he wins!!!! And it is a pointless exercise to try and answer him. He is a fool's fool.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Your Birth Certificate is Worth Billions Pay off your Debt!

Apparently it pays off everything because everything is pre paid by your birth certificate

It can pay off credit card debt, parking fines, tax, court judgments, lawsuits, child tax

Your birth certificate is actually a bond and a registration into a corporation

https://youtu.be/wN2x746Bo-o

Why don't they teach you this in school :haha: :haha: :haha: :haha:
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
notorial dissent

Duhh! Maybe because it isn't even good fantasy, I don't know.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

It wouldn't surprise me if the Government put some money into a bond or trust for every birth to put away something for future expenses such as education or medical, but it wouldn't be a trillion pound trust fund for every living being.

Actually, the UK Government did do this between 2002 and 2011, every child that was registered got a £250 trust fund set up in their name, my son has one, but the interest is so crap that even after 12 years it's only worth a few pennies over £300 today.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Can everybody please stop saying the UK is 240v... It's 230v +10%/-6% and has been for years :shock:

PS: I've just stuck my multimeter across a socket and it's 248.73v :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
notorial dissent

longdog wrote:Can everybody please stop saying the UK is 240v... It's 230v +10%/-6% and has been for years :shock:

Can't tell you how comforting that is. :sarcastic:
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

WakeFest 2016 - 27th & 28th August

Free festival run by BTBAB

https://www.facebook.com/events/786374894796821/

Admin complaining about the lack of interest

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
longdog

Post by longdog »

248 volts is nothing. I've survived a lot worse than that :snicker:

PS: I'm changing a light fitting at my mate's this evening so if I stop posting you'll know my blasé attitude to hot-working has finally caught up with me :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Volts don't kill, amps do
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
notorial dissent

Actually, it is stupidity and/or carelessness more often than not.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

They're having a Wake'nBake?
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

longdog wrote:Can everybody please stop saying the UK is 240v... It's 230v +10%/-6% and has been for years :shock:

And the tolerances are so they can say we are harmonised with Europe as our lowest voltage is lower than their nominal voltage and their highest is higher than our nominal voltage ....

All down to the EU - but that is another argument ...
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

SteveUK wrote:Volts don't kill, amps do

That's right and the amount of amps necessary to see you off can be as little as 30 mA (milliamps).

But you'd need a good high voltage to drive that amount of amps through you.

Think of electricity as water. In simplistic terms;

Voltage is the water pressure.
Amps are the volume of water passing through the pipe
Resistance is the width of the pipe the water flows through

It's all down to Ohm's Law demonstrating the relationship between all three elements which, as you know, any self-respecting Freeman will ignore as it's, well, a LAW - innit - with predictable and inevitable Darwinian results.
longdog

Post by longdog »

SteveUK wrote:Volts don't kill, amps do
Indeed they do. I've had plenty of high-volt/low current belts off photocopier HT circuits in the 1500-3000v DC range but for pain there's nothing like the one I got off a malfunctioning A1 electrostatic microfilm printer which went off the scale of my meter and that read up to 9,999.99 volts. That one did give me a nasty turn :D
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Back in the days of battery operated valve radios you had a LT battery to supply the valve filaments and a HT battery to supply the circuit. Those HT batteries were usually somewhere between 90-120v. No, the HT current couldn't kill you, but me and my friends found that putting your tongue across the terminals could produce some hilarious results. Kids these days don't know they're born. Putting your tongue across a PP3 is nothing.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.