Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

#six
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by #six »

I think I should be honest and state that I have a tenuous vested interest in this. I'm currently redesigning a FOI system and during in interview with one of the users I found out that complaints to the ICO can take over 3 years to conclude. During this time the organisation to whom the FOI request was made have to remain on the case. They have to continue to feed the requester with information and they have to provide information to the ICO.

On top of that, the additional questions put to the organisation which in many cases aren't totally liked to the initial one make the management of FOI requests a logisitical nightmare.

I'm all for FOI but people like George really wind me up.
exiledscouser

Re: Random Freemanesque Babblings from idiots unable to sustain their own thread

Post by exiledscouser »

Angolvagyok wrote:If you do a little googling it seems George is a very disgruntled HMRC employee. Can't confirm former or current status, I'm afraid.

Edit: I think I have my answer:

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-543645

2. How many HMRC employees had their contracts terminated by HMRC for Gross Misconduct for taking out a Season Ticket Loan and not using the Loan to purchase the Season Ticket.

3. How many HMRC employees had their contracts terminated by HMRC for Gross Misconduct for taking out a Season Ticket Loan and not using the Loan to purchase the Season Ticket (in spite of the employee having actually paid back the Loan in full).
The answer then is clearly, urm, at least one and at the risk of a Data Protection breach lets just refer to him as "George".
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

He's at it with the eu version of FOI as well.

http://www.asktheeu.org/en/user/george_tsigarides
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Put his name into Google and it comes back with Commercial Consultant with HMRC, since 2009, but possibly no longer or not for much longer!

I won't put a link just in case it's the wrong person, unusual name I know but just to be on the safe side.
#six

Post by #six »

Given the amount of time George is making FOI requests and complaints to the ICO, it seems pretty clear that he is currently between jobs.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

#six wrote:Given the amount of time George is making FOI requests and complaints to the ICO, it seems pretty clear that he is currently between jobs.
Between a paid job and a nut job
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

I think George might deserve his own thread on here having had a quick look at Google. It seems at least one recent forum subscription show him as retired. I've found a phone number too. And he is on LinkedIn.
#six

Post by #six »

I thought I'd do a little review of Georges success rate.

96 requests made

of which

82 have had some sort of response (auto emails included)
14 have no reply yet

of those which have been replied to

7 Information not held/pass to other organization/refused
3 positive responses
39 awaiting action
14 negative & on going
19 negative and reviews requested

So only 3% of his requests have actually elicited any useful information to George. These have been very simple "who is" requests. 7% have returned no information and 34% have returned the wrong information (obviously to those with half a brain it is the right information). That leaves the rest which no doubt are likely to fall into the latter camp.

And on that note, its worth highlighting my favorite request of the day.

https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/ ... ing-544336

George: Do I have to pay for a driving licence & road tax
DVLA: If you drive then you need a driving licence and road tax which you need to pay for.

George: But you are wrong. I know of people who drive without a licence
DVLA: You are wrong. If thats what you think then you need legal advice. We are not discussing this any further

George: I know better than you. I'm right, you're wrong. La La La <fingers in ears> followed by loads of bullshit about citizens being different from men and women, statue vs common law

And finally one more waste of internet bandwidth which deserves being posted in full
am writing to request an internal review of Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency's handling of my FOI request 'Is Paying for a Driving License and / or Road Tax Optional'.

[ DVLA appear to not understand that Men and Women are living breathing People living on the Land of the United Kingdom under Common Law. As such Men and Woman are free to travel in their vehicles / cars without the need to have a DVLA Driving License, pay DVLA Road Tax or pay DVLA anything else, as the jurisdiction of DVLA is capped and limited to Statute Law (and does NOT apply to those under the jurisdiction of Common Law). I do not need legal advice. DVLA need to confirm that their jurisdiction is NOT under Common Law - and as such DVLA has absolutely no jurisdiction whatsoever over living breathing People (Men and Women living their lives on the land of the United Kingdom). Quoting Statute Law does not confirm that DVLA has jurisdiction under Common Law.

Let me make it very, very simple for DVLA. Does DVLA hold any records that confirm that DVLA has jurisdiction under Common Law. A yes or no answer will suffice.

In response to your latest letter to me - please confirm if the below DVLA responses at points 1 to 4 (which you have already confirmed comes under the jurisdiction of Statute Law) applies to Men / Women and / or citizens:
In summary - you have given me an answer I do not like and I will not shut up until you give me an answer that I do like.

George really is a waste of oxygen.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

I'll give you one guess what other famous "bank" he is tied up with......

You guessed it!

https://lawfulbank.com/profile-4834/
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

that FOI website is a goldmine of freeman lunacy

1) Angie going for it with the NHS : https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/ang ... der_family

2) Eddie hassling theBoE https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/edward_brownlee

3) The gold standard act has really narked "L": https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/l_turnbull

4) and of course, our old friend Stuart, sorry, master stuart: https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/user/master_stuart

If future beings unearth those requests in hundreds of years, I can only imagine what they'd think of us.....

:beatinghorse:
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Isn't Tony Blair on record as saying one of his major regrets whilst Prime Minister wasn't invading Iraq but implementing the FOI act !
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Apparently Assassin, the teller of tall tales on GoodF has had a 'coming together' with his local constabulary and has come off worse.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... zznzGOMH8s
Assassin - or someone claiming to speak for him - wrote;
Assassin has been beaten up by the police and they have done a real number on him, even police guarding him at hospital were shocked at the severity of the beating and openly commented on it and deplored it.

He wont be on the site for a while until he recovers so anyone he is helping will have to wait until I can come and recover messages on his behalf and respond to them.
Rest assured he is going for them now and knowing how determined he is, he wont stop until he gets justice and those responsible dismissed from there jobs and prosecuted.
Cant say anymore for now but will update when I know something.

Information received is that it is his association with this site, or his working with people fighting the DWP which are responsible for this action and he wanted other site members warning.
Oh dear. Assassin is not the most trustworthy of commenters, he is something of a Billy Liar - even the dimmest of GoodF regulars finally rumbled him for a made-up ten million quid court victory so the veracity of this claim is still unproven.

Given I'm apparently a paid shill, gubberment disinfo merchant, stooge, lacky, cabal member, Freemason and Liverpool fan :oops: etc etc I'm hugely disappointed to be hearing about this second-hand and not directly from TPTB on the big red telephone on my desk.

Be interesting to see how this plays out.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Contrarily, I think FOI is great. The only problem is that public authorities do not manage it well, and thereby create a lot of work for themselves.

In this modern digital age it should be the presumption that all publicly-disclosable documents are pre-emptively published. If public bodies started from that position and maintained open records, 90% of FOI requests would be redundant. But unfortunately we still have the old civil service superiority and the old local government cronyism, and so we still have the "don't disclose unless we absolutely have to" mentality.

Finding out how much Portsmouth Council spends on fancy dinners for councillors can take 6 months of repeated questions and complaints. I recently noticed a Police force which publishes a log of FOI requests and thought this was praiseworthy, until I realised they only publish the subject of the request. It would be trivial to include a hyperlink to the material which was disclosed, but instead they want to make it as hard as possible. Sadly that's still a common attitude - FOI requests are a threat to be resisted and obstructed.

Anyone who thinks FOI is a nuisance should try using it. Ask the UK's 55 Fire & Rescue Services a simple question - how much was their Chief Officer paid last year, or what contractual arrangements they have for purchasing toilet rolls. Some will ignore you, some will refuse under specious grounds, most will flout the statutory deadlines for reply. Some will insist on telling you by letter to avoid the information being published on http://www.whatdotheyknow.com, some will claim you are bound by confidentiality, some will only provide spreadsheets in image pdf format, so that you can't search or filter the data. Inventing ways to keep the taxpayer in the dark is a constant endeavour (I have at times participated in such shenanigans).

I would like to see public bodies engage with transparency - publish unless there is a specific reason to withhold. And then when the nutters come to pester, the organisation has a simple answer - "If it's eligible for FOI, it's on our website. If it isn't on our website, it isn't eligible." No need to waste time on individual correspondence with idiots.

Sorry, slightly OT there but heartfelt... :brickwall:
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Assassin has been beaten up by the police and they have done a real number on him....
The Walter Mitty of GOOFy, spinning another grand tale of his own imaginary heroism
Rest assured he is going for them now and knowing how determined he is, he wont stop until he gets justice and those responsible dismissed from there jobs and prosecuted.
Precisely zero police officers will be dismissed or prosecuted as a result of this imaginary incident. Asinine will blather on about grand legal proceedings, intimate moments with senior judges who admire his courtroom panache, vast awards of compensation etc. All of which will turn out to be imaginary.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Precisely zero police officers will be dismissed or prosecuted as a result of this imaginary incident. Asinine will blather on about grand legal proceedings, intimate moments with senior judges who admire his courtroom panache, vast awards of compensation etc. All of which will turn out to be imaginary.
Ah, but will it earn its own thread here, and provide us with pages of entertainment. That's all I really care about.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

SteveUK wrote:so he perhaps got caught abusing the season ticket loan scheme.

Next FOI - does transport for London accept were cheques? If not, why not?
Think smaller, George. Take a werecheck over to the grocery store.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

On the Assassin thread the outrage bus is filling up fast and even his detractors have forgotten past bullshit, finding common cause against the hated filth. He's hanging on by a thread is our brave little soldier, hands useless, bruised head to toe, bandaged up like a Mummy.

Must......update........Goofy.......

With a pen in his mouth pressing the keys on his laptop.

That said he's not THAT far gone and you'll be pleased to know he's using his one remaining good eye to go "hyperdrive" on the legal assault he's planning. So bouncing back already, excellent news.

There's the unmistakable whiff of odure de cow's bum here.
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote:
Assassin has been beaten up by the police and they have done a real number on him, even police guarding him at hospital were shocked at the severity of the beating and openly commented on it and deplored it.
Perhaps there's an element of truth to it and he's been taken my the cops to a mental health unit on a section :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
#six

Post by #six »

Call me a cynic but surely if you are going about your lawful business and the police attacked you, you would make sure the whole story was told.
longdog

Post by longdog »

#six wrote:Call me a cynic but surely if you are going about your lawful business and the police attacked you, you would make sure the whole story was told.
Can anybody more familiar than me with Assassin's writing style do a quick 'forensic analysis' of his postings before and after the imaginary vicious assault by the imaginary police and say whether they are different?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?