Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Re: Rules, we don't need no rules...

Post by Joinder »

No politics
No off topic
No flame wars ( flame war decided by moderator)
No rules?
Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Chaos »

Wake Up! Productions wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:OK Wake Up! I just deleted yout post. You've had your chance to vent and rant and the topic is over. I'm not going to allow you to keep it up forever and infest other discussions with it. Anything else on your illusionary mistreatment gets deleted. Arbitrary, vindictive, unfair? Sure, whatever. But if you won't stop I'll do the job for you.
You win, I lose ... or do I? :sarcasmon:
apparently the board does as no one is keeping you here but you chose to stay. it really fascinates me how you people cry yet stay where you say you are being persecuted.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Joinder wrote:No politics
No off topic
No flame wars ( flame war decided by moderator)
No rules?
It is a cliche, although mostly true, that the surest way to start an argument is to start talking about religion or politics. As the site is not set up for either topic and as the site is also actively trying to maintain certain standards of civility, we don't allow it. It does, I admit, come close to a rule, but not quite.

Yep, no rules, just standards. I know it when I see it. I will freely admit that a lot of posters go occasionally off topic and we tolerate it, especially if the poster is being civil, points given for clever wit, Douglas Adams references, and much more strictly enforced on people with a habit of making an ass of themselves. I am qualified to classify remarks as to whether they constitute a flame war, you can tell by the green (or red) typeface, maybe someday you too will be able to make the grown up decisions.

No rules, just standards. Part of the reason I like that better is if we had real rules, there are some asshats who would make a career of posting things that met the letter of a rule while at the same time making a mockery of the spirit of the rule, much like accountants and lawyers do for a living (isn't it ironic that a site that is primarily for accountants and lawyers is so governed?) and, well, we just won't have that. Like I have said, ad infinitum, I know it when I see it.

As I have also said, or maybe I didn't and if I haven't I will now, you are more than welcome to disagree, and take your contributions elsewhere. Now, don't make me call Webhick and unleash her, you have to trust me when I say, you probably wouldn't like that. I'm a kitten compared to her.

Okay?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

YiamCross wrote:Is that an airborne dachshund in my rear view mirror?
Security is as always provided by elements of the 699th Airborne Assault Dachshund Regiment. Semper Bark Bark!

Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

AndyK wrote:Sounds like it's getting near time to break out the COMFY CHAIR.

Too late.....
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Wow !...I didn't know "religion" was yet another banned subject on the site with no rules !!
I tell you another subject that gets the mods in a finger wagging mode is "Chris Riser" and allegations about the same..... :naughty:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I don't even know who that is.
Wake Up! Productions

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

Joinder wrote:Wow !...I didn't know "religion" was yet another banned subject on the site with no rules !!
I tell you another subject that gets the mods in a finger wagging mode is "Chris Riser" and allegations about the same..... :naughty:
Much like politics, religion is only "banned" in terms of debating the subject between members of Q. Of course when dealing with certain GURUS (like Santos Bonacci, Kate of Gaia, Kevin Annett and others), religion does enter the picture. It is unavoidable, as it is a part of their GURU makeup. Whenever I post something that could provoke a political or religious debate I preface it by stating, "Not wishing to start a debate, but this is what ____ said on Facebook today".
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

The people who whine about the rules of a forum are almost always trolling. There is nothing stopping anyone from creating there own site/forum therefore no hampering of free speech actually occurs on a forum such as this. Folks will complain when you don't conform to their beliefs. Happens on any forum.

A place like this which is purpose oriented can and should delete off topic, inflammatory or pointless posts. Or it loses its purpose and then it's membership.

And no one is a proper moderator unless a certain amount of posters/trolls are pissed at them. Mods should take angry trolls as a compliment. It means your doing good.

Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Wake Up! Productions

Post by Wake Up! Productions »

bmxninja357 wrote:The people who whine about the rules of a forum are almost always trolling. There is nothing stopping anyone from creating there own site/forum therefore no hampering of free speech actually occurs on a forum such as this. Folks will complain when you don't conform to their beliefs. Happens on any forum.

A place like this which is purpose oriented can and should delete off topic, inflammatory or pointless posts. Or it loses its purpose and then it's membership.

And no one is a proper moderator unless a certain amount of posters/trolls are pissed at them. Mods should take angry trolls as a compliment. It means your doing good.

Peace
Ninj
What a journey / learning experience you have had. I am where you were at 6 months after you joined (learning, yet still a bit of a rebel). Not sure how others feel, but after this post, I would be proud to see you as a future moderator. :wink:
DEAN CLIFFORD IS OUT OF PRISON !!! :shock:
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Make Ninja a Canadian moderator? Look at the name at the top of the Canadian discussions!

"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

I apreciate that wup but I have no desire to moderate anything but my little corner of the net. And it's easy as it is largely unused.

And I don't want to take burnabys head. I have enough quickenings under my belt. But I'm not hiding on holy ground either.....

Peace
Ninj
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Gregg wrote:I don't even know who that is.
Yeah right.
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

bmxninja357 wrote:The people who whine about the rules of a forum are almost always trolling. There is nothing stopping anyone from creating there own site/forum therefore no hampering of free speech actually occurs on a forum such as this. Folks will complain when you don't conform to their beliefs. Happens on any forum.

Peace
Ninj
Great post . Over in Goofy land they tend to call anyone who questions them, a "troll" too.
BTW, I was reprimanded for using the word " members" when referring to this forum, apparently we are " contributors ".
Another rule for the famous " site with no rules".
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Joinder wrote:
Yeah right.
He's Jay Adkisson's law partner. So what? He has absolutely nothing to do with Quatloos. Nor does Jay for that matter. And yes, I'm aware he is mentioned in a posting I made in September. That's the only reason I know his name. That post was in response to some idiotic gibberish from that moron JackieG. Am I to assume you've bought Riser's name into play because you've bought in to JackieG's stupidity? I can't see any other reason for your seemingly random comment about Riser.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Joinder wrote:

Peace
Ninj
Great post . Over in Goofy land they tend to call anyone who questions them, a "troll" too.
BTW, I was reprimanded for using the word " members" when referring to this forum, apparently we are " contributors ".
There are many members who say nothing. You should have no need to mention them. Someone who is a member and posts is a contributor. They are who you should be addressing as simple members don't answer anyway. Contributors do.

And if you do not like this forum, it's moderation or its contributors perhaps you should go start your own. You certainly enjoy the freedom to do that.

There's a fine line between challenging contributors and trolls. And that discretion is always in the hands of the mods and admins.
You know my thoughts if you don't like it. I think the mods here do an outstanding job.

Ninj
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

As far as "members" go I am not a Quatloos member because nobody is a member. This is not a rule, it is a fact. I take membership to mean someone who somehow belongs, at least semi-formally, to an organization. I''m a member of the Campaign for Real Ale because I pay them $25 a year and I have a card with the words "Member" and my name on it. Quatloos is just a website kept somewhat in line by a bunch of moderators. Anyone can sign up, there is no no vetting process, and post. So everyone who posts is free to consider themselves either a poster or a contributor. Apart from we few moderators that's about it for designations.

Although, to refute everything I just said, we do have this;
Find a member
Use this form to search for specific members. You do not need to fill out all fields. To match partial data use * as a wildcard. When entering dates use the format YYYY-MM-DD, e.g. 2004-02-29. Use the mark checkboxes to select one or more usernames (several usernames may be accepted depending on the form itself) and click the Select Marked button to return to the previous form.

Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Burnaby49 wrote:
Joinder wrote:
Yeah right.
He's Jay Adkisson's law partner. So what? He has absolutely nothing to do with Quatloos. Nor does Jay for that matter. And yes, I'm aware he is mentioned in a posting I made in September. That's the only reason I know his name. That post was in response to some idiotic gibberish from that moron JackieG. Am I to assume you've bought Riser's name into play because you've bought in to JackieG's stupidity? I can't see any other reason for your seemingly random comment about Riser.
I brought it up as a subject that invokes moderator finger wagging, as a sort of adjunct to the non existent rules that also provoke moderator action and intervention.
And hey, I didn't start this topic !
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

bmxninja357 wrote:
Joinder wrote:

Peace
Ninj
There are many members who say nothing. You should have no need to mention them. Someone who is a member and posts is a contributor. They are who you should be addressing as simple members don't answer anyway. Contributors do.

And if you do not like this forum, it's moderation or its contributors perhaps you should go start your own. You certainly enjoy the freedom to do that.

There's a fine line between challenging contributors and trolls. And that discretion is always in the hands of the mods and admins.
You know my thoughts if you don't like it. I think the mods here do an outstanding job.

Ninj
Oh, I love everyone on here, don't worry I'm sticking around, chill out. Peace
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

I brought it up as a subject that invokes moderator finger wagging, as a sort of adjunct to the non existent rules that also provoke moderator action and intervention.
And hey, I didn't start this topic !
Frankly Joinder, I've thought for a while that you are a troll and comments like that just reinforce it. Don't give me any BS how you didn't start the topic. This discussion had nothing to do with Chris Riser prior to your comment. You brought him in to the discussion for no reason at all, nobody knew he even existed. And there was no "topic" of moderator finger wagging related to Riser for you to point out. You made that up for no reason I can discern. You seem to enjoy contributing here just to try and start flame wars. There is little else you contribute. I still remember the last one you started and it's my opinion that wasn't some honest difference of opinion on your part but an attempt to cause trouble. So let's stop the wounded innocence.