George Washington's revenge, Yanks coming to the UK..

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Re: Who wants a pint with Burnaby49?

Post by Burnaby49 »

LordEd wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote: What I can say is that Quatloos and I have been a topic of discussion in British Columbia courts.
So we can say (Menardian style) that Burnaby49 and Quatloos are judicially recognised.

Are these cases to be reported in the sovereign forum or the detaxer forum?
You'll find out when they are posted. It's going to be a while because of the issue of publication bans.

I am currently attending, or trying to attend, five trials. Three have publication bans. These three are entirely separate trials with separate defendants. All have individual publication bans imposed and one has, as I understand it, a second ban imposed because of my presence at trial. Don't bother asking how you can impose a ban on top of a ban, I'm confused myself. Publication bans are automatically lifted at the conclusion of a trial so I could normally publish my report on each trial as soon as a decision is given. However in this situation I can't if I want to include full coverage. A while ago the three defendants had a joint application hearing, a combined trial hearing to resolve a common issue. That hearing is covered by all three bans (or four, or maybe even five, I've lost track) so I can't report on the application hearing for any of them until the last of their trials is concluded. Two may be done in a few months but the third is quite late in the year. I can either wait until the third trial is concluded and include the application hearing in all three write-ups or I can publish the first two as soon they finish by leaving the hearing out. I prefer the former because I think the hearing is significant.

It's enough to drive me to drink if I wasn't already there.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Burnaby49 wrote:I am currently attending, or trying to attend, five trials. Three have publication bans. These three are entirely separate trials with separate defendants. All have individual publication bans imposed and one has, as I understand it, a second ban imposed because of my presence at trial.
Wow - the observer becomes part of the event. There must be a cat in a box somewhere.

Congratulations, seriously. It's a fine thing that these cheats and phoneys are being journalled.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:I am currently attending, or trying to attend, five trials. Three have publication bans. These three are entirely separate trials with separate defendants. All have individual publication bans imposed and one has, as I understand it, a second ban imposed because of my presence at trial.
Wow - the observer becomes part of the event. There must be a cat in a box somewhere.

Congratulations, seriously. It's a fine thing that these cheats and phoneys are being journalled.
As you'll find when I finally report the trial I have become very much a part of the event. I'll save the details until then.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Damn, that's what I love about Quatloos! We should start a new drinking game involving having to take a drink every time you can mention Schrodinger's Cat in normal conversation. Special awards to those who can invoke the Pauli Exclusion Principal to prove that two FMOTL cannot occupy the same court case simultaneously.
... Sorry bad day at work with my porcine ladies.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Special awards to those who can invoke the Pauli Exclusion Principal to prove that two FMOTL cannot occupy the same court case simultaneously.
... Sorry bad day at work with my porcine ladies.
Your theory is easily disproven. I was in a courtroom with three of them. Athough I suppose it depends on your meaning. While they physically occupied the same courtroom, there were three separate cases.

bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

But how many persons were involved in the three opca?
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

bmxninja357 wrote:But how many persons were involved in the three opca?
We're not going there. One physical body counts as one person.

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

How do you nominate someone for a pulitzer?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

eric wrote:We should start a new drinking game involving having to take a drink every time you can mention Schrodinger's Cat in normal conversation.
Not sure that Burnaby is the sort of chap who should try to make a 'game' out of drinking.
Warning may contain traces of nut
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Burnaby49 wrote:
LordEd wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote: What I can say is that Quatloos and I have been a topic of discussion in British Columbia courts.
So we can say (Menardian style) that Burnaby49 and Quatloos are judicially recognised.

I think I've worked out some of the cases. Possibly KL, MM, and/or DA as some of the names?
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

LordEd wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:
LordEd wrote:So we can say (Menardian style) that Burnaby49 and Quatloos are judicially recognised.

I think I've worked out some of the cases. Possibly KL, MM, and/or DA as some of the names?
I know who's not being mentioned, Bones, that's a certainty.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

LordEd wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:
LordEd wrote:So we can say (Menardian style) that Burnaby49 and Quatloos are judicially recognised.

And LF and AD and another guy whose name I've forgotten. I've been in Palm Springs for two weeks so I have to reconnect.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Time to stop all this gabbling about court hearings and get back on topic. Me and my problems with real ale.

I've PM'd everybody who responded to my plaintive cry for drinking companions (even though I'm bringing one with me) suggesting dates and locations. So check and if you don't have a PM, or want to add yourself to the roster of pathetic drunks, let me know. If you have a PM we'll see what we can work out.

guilty

Post by guilty »

Burnaby, I am unable to attend any of your ale-tasting events, but please do add me to the roster of pathetic drunks. Do I get a badge?
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
radcliffewreck
Swabby
Swabby

Post by radcliffewreck »

[quote="Burnaby49"]I'm starting to firm up my 2016 CAMRA real ale plans for the UK.

Burnaby49 if you are coming to the Nottingham / Derby area you should try this place
http://marlpoolbrewing.co.uk/

They had a beer festival on last weekend, about 30 beers.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

guilty wrote:Burnaby, I am unable to attend any of your ale-tasting events, but please do add me to the roster of pathetic drunks. Do I get a badge?
A badge? You people are going to start demanding swag-bags next. You want to be considered as pathetic a drunken old wreck as Burnaby49? Then get you ass of the couch in front of your TV set and go do the work. When you've had at least one beer at a thousand British and Irish pubs get back to me. And that's a thousand different pubs. Going to your local every day for three years only counts as one.

The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote:A badge?
You disappoint me. I thought you would have at least worked in a reference to "The Treasure of the Sierra Madre" and told him he didn't need any stinkin' badges.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Meanwhile in Canada something strange is going on ...

eric
Trivial Observer of Great War

Post by eric »

mufc1959 wrote:Meanwhile in Canada something strange is going on ...
Just someone being silly, nothing to see here folks, please move along. It's simply a little known "feature" in Google Maps where they thought it would be a good idea to go all wikipedia.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Google_Map_Maker
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Or is that what they want us to believe?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.