George Washington's revenge, Yanks coming to the UK..

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Bill Lumbergh
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: Who wants a pint with Burnaby49?

Post by Bill Lumbergh »

I'm curious to see how many people will call him "Burnaby" when meeting in person.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Bill Lumbergh wrote:I'm curious to see how many people will call him "Burnaby" when meeting in person.
What the hell's wrong with calling me Burnaby? Damn fine name! In fact it is a name;
At incorporation, the municipality's citizens unanimously chose to name it after the legislator, speaker, Freemason and explorer Robert Burnaby, who had been private secretary to Colonel Richard Moody, the first land commissioner for the Colony of British Columbia, in the mid-19th century.[1] In 1859 Burnaby had surveyed the freshwater lake near what is now the city's geographical centre. Moody chose to name it Burnaby Lake.
At the risk giving yet another clue that will help expose me to the freeman hordes I'll show you all a picture of Burnaby49's house in Burnaby;

All Richard Moody got was Port Moody. a town on Burnaby's NE border. Port Moody is however very scenic with three sides wrapping around Burrard Inlet and a mountain view just across the water.

As to the appearance of our stereotypical CAMRA member, very surprising compared to the UK. Young affluent hipster types. I've been to a number of Vancouver CAMRA events and they predominate, in fact overwhelm, we old crocks. The youngsters are also a very big force in Vancouver's craft beer industry. There are a lot of fairly large corporate outfits like Steamworks, Red Truck, and Big Rock but also hole-in-the-wall operations like Doans and Callisters run by guys in their 20's and 30's.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

To drill a little deeper, english sourced names that end in "-by" usually refer to towns near rivers. So said canadian favorite son would have gotten his name originally from some place across the pond that was *by* a river caled "Burn". Or "Bourn" or "Byrn", etc.

You should probably find that place and have an ancestral beer.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
PeanutGallery
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by PeanutGallery »

There is a river Burn in Norfolk. Although a Burn in old English and Scottish is a small watercourse (anything from a lake to a small river). So Burnaby could be from anywhere in the North, or sadly Norfolk.
Warning may contain traces of nut
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Burnaby49 wrote:I have my dignity, I have standards to maintain. I am a moderator. No semi-pink (looks purple to me) tailless beaver suits. I either have a full flamboyant tail or nothing! And I can assure you nobody wants to see me in nothing.
Not even Mrs. Burnaby49? :snicker:
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote:I have my dignity, I have standards to maintain. I am a moderator. No semi-pink (looks purple to me) tailless beaver suits. I either have a full flamboyant tail or nothing! And I can assure you nobody wants to see me in nothing.
Not even Mrs. Burnaby49? :snicker:
Maybe a few decades ago but time takes its toll. Having said that the wife is a veritable youngster compared to me. She doesn't even get the over 65 transit discount yet! I robbed the cradle.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Burnaby49 wrote:I robbed the cradle.
Alternately she's robbing the grave.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

That's just being cruel. You callow punks will find out what it is like being old eventually. Gadding about Britain pubbing for five weeks in the summer. Palm Springs in the spring. Spending my time doing exactly what I want. I'd better stop. Don't want to make old age sound too depressing.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Burnaby49 wrote:That's just being cruel. You callow punks will find out what it is like being old eventually. Gadding about Britain pubbing for five weeks in the summer. Palm Springs in the spring. Spending my time doing exactly what I want. I'd better stop. Don't want to make old age sound too depressing.
On Sunday I leave to do that Palm Springs gadding about and back home early May. At that time I'll contact, through PM, those sad losers who have nothing better to do with their lives than have a beer with me and we'll try and arrange times and places.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Regarding Bill's comments about who of you will call me Burnaby when we meet. I have actually been entered into the court record of the Supreme Court of British Columbia as Burnaby49 and I've addressed a judge under that name.

PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Were you waving a birth certificate around in the dock at the time?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Burnaby49 wrote: I have actually been entered into the court record of the Supreme Court of British Columbia as Burnaby49
In all-caps or upper and lower case?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Looks like I may be in London from June 26 - July 1st, but will be down in London, and looks like you will be up north, over the boarder, Likely enjoying a nice Scottish stout. Oh well.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

NYGman wrote:Looks like I may be in London from June 26 - July 1st, but will be down in London, and looks like you will be up north, over the boarder, Likely enjoying a nice Scottish stout. Oh well.
Sorry to miss you but I'll be in Inverness, about as far north as you get, on June 26 and only make it down to Leeds by July 1.

Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote: I have actually been entered into the court record of the Supreme Court of British Columbia as Burnaby49
In all-caps or upper and lower case?
The records are now just oral recordings so an unanswerable question. I'm a mixed-case guy myself. And I'm in the oral recordings. I've had to address the court on two different occasions in front of two different judges in the past few weeks.

rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Why did the court call you Burnaby49?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Why did the court call you Burnaby49?
isn't that what all his friends call him? And we know, Burbaby49 is a friend of the court, and a paid shill too boot. Addressing by this name only confirms this. :sarcasmon:
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Why did the court call you Burnaby49?
Because that's my name, at least as far as the courts are concerned. I can't get into it at the moment because of multiple publication bans (BurnabyBans!) in effect until a number of trials are over. I've been extremely busy attending and recording trial hearings and writing them up but not posting them. When the bans are lifted expect a deluge.

What I can say is that Quatloos and I have been a topic of discussion in British Columbia courts.

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

When the BurnabyBans end, we should hold Burnabombastorama, an online get together, via Skype. We'll take turns reading from the unembargoed posts and those who are so inclined can keep score by drinking:

1 sip for each piece of the usual, "not a person"/"no wet signature"/"suddenly i'm an indian", etc.
2 sips for each citation of Meads.
Gargle whenever a loss is cited as a win.
Pour a Molson down the sink for each appearance of a well known guru.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

Burnaby49 wrote: What I can say is that Quatloos and I have been a topic of discussion in British Columbia courts.
So we can say (Menardian style) that Burnaby49 and Quatloos are judicially recognised.

Are these cases to be reported in the sovereign forum or the detaxer forum?