The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Post by Burnaby49 »

Or at least the trial of early January 2016. A new discussion started as requested. I've deliberately left Tom Crawford's name off of the title since he is now, at best, a peripheral player in the drama he started. Events have moved past him leaving him forlornly seeking a new role as stardom recedes in the rearview mirror.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Post by letissier14 »

Day 1 Nottingham Post

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Tom-Crawf ... story.html

Protestors climbed onto the roof of evicted Tom Crawford's home and smashed their way in through a window in the loft during a demonstration lasting a day and a half, a jury heard.

Mr Crawford and his wife Sue had left the bungalow in Fearn Chase after a warrant was granted in the County Court following a difficulty with mortgage arrears, Leicester Crown Court was told yesterday.

Prosecutors claim there was a conspiracy by Mr Crawford's son, Craig Crawford, and six others to commit criminal damage and aggravated trespass at the then boarded up house between July 1 and July 26 last year, following the eviction.

Craig, 31, of Nottingham, is said by prosecutors to have played an important role in the protest

He posted social media media videos of himself, allegedly encouraging people to get to the address, because "it's going to be fun" and created a distraction as others climbed into the roof.

The trial of Craig and his co-accused, who deny the allegations, heard that one security guard was sworn at and told, "we will kill you", and "we know where you live", after he left his ID badge behind.

Shattered glass fell on him in the loft, shutters on a window were kicked in and red paint sprayed into his face and body during the incident on July 24, the court heard.

Footage played in court showed people climbing onto the roof from the garage at a house now protected by security fencing.

Guards checked the property on a 24-hour basis after the repossession order was granted.

Prosecutor Steven Coupland said the defendants alternated between the roof and the loft, shouting to see "the warrant", and told security guards to "get proper jobs".

This carried on from lunchtime until 9.45pm, when defendants Mark Hawkins, 52, of Bestwood Park, Martin Atkin, 42, of Long Eaton, and James Bradley, 42, of Wigan, left the loft.

The remaining defendants - Mark Haining, 51, of West Bridgford, Elizabeth Shier, 41, of Arnold, and Henry Kellie, 48, of Market Harborough, allegedly came out of the loft area on day two at 4.30pm and were arrested. All defendants deny conspiracy to commit criminal damage and aggravated trespass between July 1 and July 26, 2015.

Mr Coupland told the jury of ten women and two men the case was not about the rights and wrongs of the court order and eviction.

"It is not about the conduct of the banks, the Government or the courts," he added.

"This case is about whether the defendants were part of a plan that included an agreement to gain entry to the property."

TV news report for Day 1

https://www.facebook.com/colin.potter.7 ... 196471684/

Day 2 Nottingham Post

http://www.nottinghampost.com/Security- ... story.html

One of the security guards looking after the repossessed home of evicted Tom Crawford was told by protesters that they "took the property illegally" and threatened with "a citizen's arrest", a jury has heard.

Michael McKeown, a supervisor for Sapphire Security, described the events during the trial of Mr Crawford's son, Craig Crawford, and six others.

They are charged in connection with a demonstration at the converted bungalow of Tom and his wife Sue in Fearn Chase, Carlton, on July 24 last year.

The action came three weeks after the eviction of the couple following difficulties with mortgage arrears, jurors heard.

The property was then managed by a security team, dog handlers and secured with metal shutters and fencing.

All defendants deny conspiracy to commit criminal damage and aggravated trespass at the then boarded up house, between July 1 and July 26 last year.

The incident, lasting a day and a half, has been described by the prosecution at Leicester Crown Court on Thursday as going beyond a legal protest and involving illegal behaviour.

Mr McKeown alleged Craig Crawford, with two others, told him he had paperwork from a judge in London and that they were "allowed to see the warrant of eviction".

"One was filming," Mr McKeown told the jury. "He came up to me and grabbed me by the arm and said 'we was making a citizen's arrest', because we took the property illegally."

Steven Coupland, prosecuting, asked: "Was anything else happening around that time?"

Mr McKeown replied: "As I was approached by them and blocked them off by getting access to the house, I saw people jumping over the fence from next door and go onto the garage from the roof."

Five people went onto the roof at first – three males and two females, he claimed.

"What were they doing?" asked Mr Coupland.

Mr McKeown told him they were using a hammer to break a skylight in the roof to access the loft.

He said Craig Crawford, 31, of Nottingham, was stood in the garden with the paperwork and the other two people were stood in front of him shouting.

As the day progressed, protesters alternated between the roof and the loft.

Defendants Mark Hawkins, 52, of Bestwood Park, Martin Atkin, 42, of Long Eaton, and James Bradley, 42, of Wigan, left the loft at 9.45pm on July 24.

The remaining defendants – Mark Haining, 51, of West Bridgford, Elizabeth Shier, 41, of Arnold, and Henry Kellie, 48, of Market Harborough – allegedly came out of the loft area the following day at 4.30pm and were arrested.

All defendants deny conspiracy to commit criminal damage and aggravated trespass between July 1 and July 26, 2015.

The trial continues.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Craig Crawfords facebook page yesterday

Last edited by letissier14 on Thu Jan 07, 2016 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Pox

Post by Pox »

And according to Haining they were offered a plead guilty deal -

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 60&t=95005

See post number 9 on the thread.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I'd be interested to know when. I won't speculate about why. Also, I do think Ceylon shouldn't be making such comments at this point.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Pox wrote:And according to Haining they were offered a plead guilty deal -

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 60&t=95005

See post number 9 on the thread.
Pox

Post by Pox »

letissier14 wrote:
Thank you - I don't know how to link the actual post,only the link to the thread!!!
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

they offered us all a deal take a guilty to criminal damage and walk with a £ attachment if you do anything in the next year you pay the amount we all said no
Jesus christ, they offered to let them get off on a promise to stay good and they rejected it!?!?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Jeffrey wrote:Jesus christ, they offered to let them get off on a promise to stay good and they rejected it!?!?
Apparently you have forgotten the first rule in the Sovrun Citizen's Playbook:
Whenever there is an opportunity, double down on your stupidity.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pox

Post by Pox »

The Observer wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Jesus christ, they offered to let them get off on a promise to stay good and they rejected it!?!?
Apparently you have forgotten the first rule in the Sovrun Citizen's Playbook:
Whenever there is an opportunity, double down on your stupidity.
Nooooo - its all about remaining in honour. Thus it would be dishonourable to admit that you have done something when you haven't.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

letissier14 wrote:Craig Crawfords facebook page yesterday

it's not a murder trial. what could jurors possible be 'nervous' about? these assclowns really think way too much of themselves. and what other 'type' of people would make up a jury?
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Central News report, direct from the broadcast, rather than smartphone in front of TV.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ztx99zjdCb0
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Jeffrey wrote:
they offered us all a deal take a guilty to criminal damage and walk with a £ attachment if you do anything in the next year you pay the amount we all said no
Jesus christ, they offered to let them get off on a promise to stay good and they rejected it!?!?
Brilliant!!!1!!!1 . I just hope Haining doesn't cave in and changes his plea.
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

hucknallred wrote:Central News report, direct from the broadcast, rather than smartphone in front of TV.

Can't view it, it is set to private.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Footloose52 wrote:Can't view it, it is set to private.
No, it's public, it was still processing when you clicked on it. Live now.

SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Corrupt judges eh?
I almost want them to get away with it just to hear their answer to that accusation
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Bones

Post by Bones »

For those that are not familiar with the what looks like the worst boy band reunion in history, here they are

Bones

Post by Bones »

BBC take on it

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-no ... e-35246428

The trial heard that later that month, the seven accused, including Mr Crawford's son Craig, distracted guards before smashing their way in.

One guard had red paint sprayed in his face before the protestors sealed themselves in the attic, the prosecution added.

Half the group left the same day with the rest following the next afternoon.

The seven defendants, who all deny the charges, are: Craig Crawford, 31, of Nottingham; Martin Atkin, 42, of Long Eaton, Derbyshire; Mark Hawkins, 52, of Nottingham; Mark Haining, 51, of Nottingham; Henry Kellie, 48, of Market Harborough, Leicestershire; Elizabeth Shier, 41, of Nottingham, and James Bradley, 42, of Wigan.

The trial continues.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Please don't speculate on the meaning of the evidence, we should only report what has been said in court. -AW
Pox

Post by Pox »

Bones wrote:For those that are not familiar with the what looks like the worst boy band reunion in history, here they are

No, the worst boy band reunion IMO is the recent Bay City Rollers one - for goodness sake, hang up the tartan lads and make a graceful exit.

Anyway, obviously I can place 3 of the band but can anyone put names to the faces of the others?