The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

vampireLOREN
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Post by vampireLOREN »

Normal Wisdom wrote:I don't care anymore. Tom got what was coming to him and all the rest is just fluff and nonsense. Not worth bothering about.
As usual Norm you hit it right on the head, after the eviction it was over.
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Anonymous message to Bradford & Bingley - The rooftop 6 —

https://www.facebook.com/10000472735530 ... 111400829/

:haha: :haha:
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Oh dear - they really don't learn do they

Last edited by letissier14 on Wed Jan 13, 2016 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: The people I'm now concerned about are the remaining residents of Fearn Chase who will not be happy if rent-a-mob turn up again to try to get the house back.
They've been back today already :brickwall:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Is that the house?
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Jeffrey wrote:Is that the house?
Yes
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

letissier14 wrote:Oh dear - they really don't learn do they

How nice....in years to come this photo will have pride of place in the History of the Family Crawford. :haha:
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Hovel would be more accurate.
Last edited by Bungle on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Bungle wrote:
Another error.
Last edited by Bungle on Wed Jan 13, 2016 12:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Error
TUCO said to me:
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Surely they are not telegraphing a future attempt at breaking into the house.

Wait a minute isn't there still the restraining order?
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I deliberately gave this discussion a flamboyantly ironic title but I didn't know just how ironic it would be. I should have instead picked "The Rooftop 6 - the mid-morning trial in courtroom 7".

As has been already commented this result might actually be a very good thing for you British voyeurs. Emboldened by their victory the gang might revive their dying cause and thrust themselves into new lunatic actions. Fearn Chase can be recovered! Bradford & Bingley brought down! That triumphant photo shows that they might well have some fight in them yet.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

letissier14 wrote:They've been back today already :brickwall:
I hope they are all encouraged by this massive SUCCESS!!!!1!!!! they must have done something right So next stop should be to occupy Fearn Chase retake castle Crawford and we could have them all back in the bungalow by easter.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Popcorn at the ready, this story just keeps giving.

I predict a Bodenham type retaking, with the inevitable outcome. I hope the current owner is aware of the current news as he/she has a lot of bother approaching.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Joinder wrote: Joint enterprise was brought in because of gang attacks, where although some of the gang may not have wielded the knife, their presence is deemed to be part of the crime committed.
The common law doctrine of common purpose appears much earlier than that in English law:

Regina -v- John Swindall And James Osborne; 23 Mar 1846
If each of two persons be driving a cart at a dangerous and furious rate, and they be inciting: each other to drive at a dangerous and furious rate along a turnpike road, and one of the carts run over a man and kill him, each of the two persons is guilty of manslaughter, and it is no ground of defence, that the death was partly caused by the negligence of the deceased himself, or that he was either deaf or drunk at the time Generally, it may be laid down, that, where one by his negligence has contributed to the death of another, he is guilty of manslaughter.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
mac
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by mac »

hucknallred wrote:Popcorn at the ready, this story just keeps giving.

I predict a Bodenham type retaking, with the inevitable outcome. I hope the current owner is aware of the current news as he/she has a lot of bother approaching.
I guess Mr Taylor will be advising then, he's gone very quiet recently anyone heard what he's up to?
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Joinder wrote: Joint enterprise was brought in because of gang attacks, where although some of the gang may not have wielded the knife, their presence is deemed to be part of the crime committed.
The common law doctrine of common purpose appears much earlier than that in English law:

Regina -v- John Swindall And James Osborne; 23 Mar 1846
If each of two persons be driving a cart at a dangerous and furious rate, and they be inciting: each other to drive at a dangerous and furious rate along a turnpike road, and one of the carts run over a man and kill him, each of the two persons is guilty of manslaughter, and it is no ground of defence, that the death was partly caused by the negligence of the deceased himself, or that he was either deaf or drunk at the time Generally, it may be laid down, that, where one by his negligence has contributed to the death of another, he is guilty of manslaughter.
Yes of course you are correct, there was the famous case in Croydon in the 50s where a pair of youngsters killed a cop during a robbery.
The guy with the gun was too young to hang so his partner was hung instead.
It all hinged on the " let him have it" comment, which could be interpreted one of two ways.
Think the guys name was Bentely, hung for a murder that was known he did not commit.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

hucknallred wrote:Popcorn at the ready, this story just keeps giving.

I predict a Bodenham type retaking, with the inevitable outcome. I hope the current owner is aware of the current news as he/she has a lot of bother approaching. and breeds Rottweilers.
:sarcasmon: I'll start a rumour that Tony Martin has bought the place, shall I?

Seriously, if a new buyer actually moves in and takes up residence then any appearance by a Crawford or supporter should get prompt and serious attention by both the Police and the CPS (and not try some OTT charge on any perpetrators).
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Jeffrey wrote:Surely they are not telegraphing a future attempt at breaking into the house.

Wait a minute isn't there still the restraining order?
Of course not, silly. The Rooftop 6 were acquitted of trespassing. That means that there was no crime. If there was no trespass, it can only mean that the Crawfords actually still own the house. They can't be restrained from entering their own house, now can they?

So the acquittal accomplished several things for the Crawfords. None of the six will spend any more time in jail than they already have. The judge obviously restored the house to the Crawfords. The judge, just as obviously, dissolved the restraining order. The acquittal creates grounds for the six to sue the bailiffs, the CPS, and anyone else involved, for a gazillion Pounds Sterling.

</fantasy mode off>
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Except Fantasy mode is the one in which the TC and Co live, and therefore that is exactly what they think.

As an aside, I think TC wears a Hat to emulate his namesake, the original TC, Top Cat!
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.