The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

JayBrad
Swabby
Swabby

Re: The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Post by JayBrad »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
ConstableHayWain wrote: it seems there were nothing illegal was done by the reposition/ occupation of it by the 6, despite the statement on the trespass case against the 6.
You are making a fundamental error here. Having a case collapse on a specific charge does not automatically mean a lesser charge would have had the same result.
the occupation by crawfords if not the ownership seems to be on no mans land?
It would only seem that way to someone who does not fully understand the case.

Welcome to the forum BTW.
Just a question were any of you QuatSnoozers in court?
:violin: YES MAN IM A SIDESHOW :violin:
JayBrad
Swabby
Swabby

Post by JayBrad »

Hey QuatLoosers

Yes this is me Jay Brad, well you have speculated about me enough so now lets have the debate i sit here awaiting your response
rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

JayBrad wrote:
Just a question were any of you QuatSnoozers in court?
Please define what a "QuatSnoozer" is.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Pox

Post by Pox »

JayBrad wrote:Hey QuatLoosers

Yes this is me Jay Brad, well you have speculated about me enough so now lets have the debate i sit here awaiting your response
Welcome to the Quatloos forum.

I will not be debating with you as I don't believe that I have 'speculated' about you at all - in fact I don't recall you entering my thoughts ever, never mind 'speculating' about you.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Tell us about your convictions and time spent in prison Brad? On second thoughts, don't bother you are of no interest and you haven't been the subject of as much debate here as you may think.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

To be fair I think that if this is the true J Brad and he has had the courage to join here he should, subject to the usual constraints of decency and moderation be debated with.

So from me, welcome to Quatloos JB. You'll see from my posts that whilst I thought the prosecution of the seven of you was a bit ill advised, at the end of the day the aims and objectives of the demo seem as distant as ever.

What's on your mind? Please keep things civil.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

So tell us Jay, was your night on the roof and the week's spent in prison on behalf of Tom Crawford worth it?

In your opinion, how closer is he to getting back possession of the property he failed to pay the capital on?

Should we all now stop paying our mortgages and employ the skills of Guy Taylor, Ebert and rent a mob instead ? :thinking:
rumpelstilzchen

exiledscouser wrote:To be fair I think that if this is the true J Brad and he has had the courage to join here he should, subject to the usual constraints of decency and moderation be debated with.
I agree. As long as he remains to be polite he should be treated like every other member.
What's on your mind?
That's what I was thinking. Jay has said that he wants to debate with us but he hasn't actually indicated what he wants to debate about.
Start the conversation off, Jay so that we have some idea regarding what you want to say.

Welcome to Quatloos, Jay.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Welcome Jail Bird [Now we are even for the QuatLoosers snipe]

With respect, welcome to our little corner of the world. Can you please explain why you believe Tom Crawford still owns his house, even though he admitting in court that he had stoped paying, and never paid the principal?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
JayBrad
Swabby
Swabby

Post by JayBrad »

exiledscouser wrote:To be fair I think that if this is the true J Brad and he has had the courage to join here he should, subject to the usual constraints of decency and moderation be debated with.

So from me, welcome to Quatloos JB. You'll see from my posts that whilst I thought the prosecution of the seven of you was a bit ill advised, at the end of the day the aims and objectives of the demo seem as distant as ever.

What's on your mind? Please keep things civil.
Who ws ill advised and by who i had a barrister
JayBrad
Swabby
Swabby

Post by JayBrad »

AndyPandy wrote:

So tell us Jay, was your night on the roof and the week's spent in prison on behalf of Tom Crawford worth it?

In your opinion, how closer is he to getting back possession of the property he failed to pay the capital on?

Should we all now stop paying our mortgages and employ the skills of Guy Taylor, Ebert and rent a mob instead ? :thinking:
Well the fact that i got paid out £839.00 for travelling expenses is just the start now comes my civil claim for the fact that was unlawfully imprisoned on trumped up charges i mean how can they justify all this and if you all dont belive its me posting tell me what you want me to say within reason and i will post it on my wall i aint scared of anything and as ive said all along i have nothing to hide so why not join the QuatSnoozers (well not joing but defend what you lot are chatting utter twallop about)

So i was wondering how you all feel about the fact that we all got a formal not guilty because the prosecution witnesses couldnt get there stories straight how do u guys feel about all the speculation that we were going to jail for a long time and all that to NOT GUILTY
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

JayBrad wrote:
exiledscouser wrote:

Who ws ill advised and by who i had a barrister

Oh glory, we are gonna need a translator - seems like jailbird's keyboard is missing comma's and question marks?
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

JayBrad wrote:
So i was wondering how you all feel about the fact that we all got a formal not guilty because the prosecution witnesses couldnt get there stories straight how do u guys feel about all the speculation that we were going to jail for a long time and all that to NOT GUILTY

I think its great you lot got off on a technicality because it means the soap opera continues. The roof invasion was fantastic entertainment for me even though I was on holiday in Africa. I didn't have time to read my book. Things have been quiet since YiamCross had to get some form of injuction against TC to stop the threats he was receiving. ( not blaming Yiam as he had to protect his family )

One thing I am interesting in about the trial is whether there was any REAL discussion about the legality of the eviction and whether the Judge really made any comment about the process? No doubt it was brought up. What can you say on this?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

I think the CPS were ill advised to frame the indictment the way they did. I'm glad you got professional representation - it's sometimes sad that someone representing themselves has a fool for a client.

Now, what's on your mind? I'm genuinely interested
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

Welcome to the forum JayBrad.
Do you now think your rooftop protest was worth the time effort (and I assume stress). And when do you think Tom Crawford will be moving back into his bungalow?
I reckon, if you were to start proceeding now with the same time effort you have put in over the last 24 months "proving" the Crawford eviction was unlawful, and now with this result under your belt plus any new legal experience you have gained,then you could have Craford back in his home by easter.
What do you think?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

JayBrad wrote:
AndyPandy wrote:

Well the fact that i got paid out £839.00 for travelling expenses is just the start now comes my civil claim for the fact that was unlawfully imprisoned on trumped up charges i mean how can they justify all this and if you all dont belive its me posting tell me what you want me to say within reason and i will post it on my wall i aint scared of anything and as ive said all along i have nothing to hide so why not join the QuatSnoozers (well not joing but defend what you lot are chatting utter twallop about)

No doubt you'll recover your costs and perhaps end up pursuing a civil claim against the cops. Best of luck. For me if you'd have been found guilty then you'd have been fined at most - in my opinion. Again, in my opinion the crusade to recover the house is now a hopelessly lost cause.

But I'm curious to know whether this is less about you and your acquittal and more to do with whether you think your night on the roof and all the worry the last six months have no doubt brought all concerned has made Tom's position better or worse?
JayBrad
Swabby
Swabby

Post by JayBrad »

exiledscouser wrote:
JayBrad wrote:
AndyPandy wrote:

No doubt you'll recover your costs and perhaps end up pursuing a civil claim against the cops. Best of luck. For me if you'd have been found guilty then you'd have been fined at most - in my opinion. Again, in my opinion the crusade to recover the house is now a hopelessly lost cause.

But I'm curious to know whether this is less about you and your acquittal and more to do with whether you think your night on the roof and all the worry the last six months have no doubt brought all concerned has made Tom's position better or worse?
Sorry can u clarify what u mean
rumpelstilzchen

Jay, who (in your opinion) owns the bungalow today?
BHF wrote:
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

Jay brad is more used to mass debating so bear with the poor lost lamb

Putting it simply jay brad, do you honestly believe that now the case ended early due to lack of evidence (you weren't found not guilty) that tom will now get his house back?
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

JayBrad wrote:
AndyPandy wrote:

Welcome to the forum. Being paid for your travelling expenses isn't exactly making a profit and I suspect that a civil claim for the time you spent on remand would fail. It would be against the public interest and would prejudice trials of criminals. But if you want to pursue them please go ahead, just take legal advice. I wouldn't say the charges were trumped up, the CPS would have thought they had a reasonable prospect of success although the Judge disagreed.

As far as I was aware the only speculation about you going away for a long time was by Mr Gillard, of Trial by Social Media, who I believe made a comment in court about being out before you. As it was he was factually correct, given the length of time you spent on remand.

How do I feel about you getting a formal not guilty, well while I could rail against the incompetence of the CPS, I would say that on the whole it was likely the right result. By that I mean that a long established principle of justice is that it is better that the guilty go free than the innocent are punished. It is my opinion that you likely did conspire with the others to trespass onto the roof, although I haven't seen anything that was brought up in court and my opinion is just the opinion of a random person on the internet.

The real question that I feel is worth discussing is what you felt you would achieve by going on the roof or looking at the warrant. Tom has had a copy of the warrant for quite some time, he said as much in his first post about this matter on GOODF and in the first video where he asked for help. Clearly you want to help Tom, but what you have done has hindered him. I believe an early analysis of his situation led to a conclusion that he could have walked away from this with some capital to place in a new property, have cleared his debt to the bank, had he simply sold the bungalow. However he was persuaded by those like yourself and some of those on GOODF to go down a path that would lead to greater costs being incurred which would be added onto his account.

Far from helping Tom, you've actually pushed him a lot closer to bankruptcy than he should have been. Tom could have retired to a small house in a Nottinghamshire village and seen his days out tending to chickens. In part that is what your actions have helped to cost him. You do him no good telling him what you think the world should be like, because he needs to deal with the world as it is.
Warning may contain traces of nut