The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

legpull
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Re: The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Post by legpull »

I can't believe the blindingly obvious is being missed.
letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by letissier14 »

Pulling ones leg is meant to be humourus.

Jay Brad's attempt is just boring and making himself look even more stupid than he already is, if that is possible!
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
legpull
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by legpull »

letissier14 wrote:Pulling ones leg is meant to be humourus.

Jay Brad's attempt is just boring and making himself look even more stupid than he already is, if that is possible!
I think you'll find that the leg pullers are finding it very humourous.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Probably says everything you need to know about them or you Jay
Last edited by letissier14 on Mon Feb 08, 2016 5:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

legpull wrote: I think you'll find that the leg pullers are finding it very humourous.
What makes you think that?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Bones

Post by Bones »

legpull wrote:
letissier14 wrote:Pulling ones leg is meant to be humourus.

I think you'll find that the leg pullers are finding it very humourous.
I must be one of the leg pullers, because I am finding this all very funny and entertaining. I have a fetish for pathetic idiots :naughty:

Keep it up James

What are you going to buy next James ? :haha:
Bones

Post by Bones »

Legpull, tell James when you see him to grow a pair and take part in the debate he wanted. Just what is he afraid of by talking with us ?

As seen by his latest video, he doesn't need us to look like an idiot, he is more than capable of doing that all by himself.

I hear with Colon's interim payment, he is going to get a hair cut and a pair of stilts, not quite as flash as a merc
Pox

Post by Pox »

legpull wrote: I think you'll find that the leg pullers are finding it very humourous.
So was the Paris trip financed by an interim payment a joke? :shrug:

Damn, I was so looking forward to my new career as a roof sitter and unicorn feeder - thought I had cracked it!

Back to the drawing board then.
legpull
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by legpull »

Pox wrote:

Damn, I was so looking forward to my new career as a roof sitter and unicorn feeder - thought I had cracked it!

Apparently Sun vouchers financed the trip if you read upthread somewhere.
I wouldn't know, I don't buy the rag.
Nice car though isn't it ?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Not really a nice car. It is a C-class, the bottom of the rung here in the US, where a E-class barely gets a notice either. The C-class is basically the intro car in the US, and is used as a way to get people in to the brand. Now if it had been the AMG version, or an S-Class, then you would have got my attention. However, a common C-Class shows a lack of class, and besides, from what I understand, isn't the Preferred Method of Transportation for people like Jay, isn't an old BMW M3 more appropriate?

It is all rather irrelevant anyway, as I am an Audi man myself, preferring Audi Quattro 4 Wheel Drive, and their S-Spec cars, but that is just me, and the car in the Video is likely rented
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
legpull
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by legpull »

NYGman wrote:Not really a nice car. It is a C-class, the bottom of the rung here in the US, where a E-class barely gets a notice either. The C-class is basically the intro car in the US, and is used as a way to get people in to the brand. Now if it had been the AMG version, or an S-Class, then you would have got my attention. However, a common C-Class shows a lack of class, and besides, from what I understand, isn't the Preferred Method of Transportation for people like Jay, isn't an old BMW M3 more appropriate?

It is all rather irrelevant anyway, as I am an Audi man myself, preferring Audi Quattro 4 Wheel Drive, and their S-Spec cars, but that is just me, and the car in the Video is likely rented
The things you learn eh ?....I haven't a clue when it comes to cars but I sort of get the feeling a bit of " my car's better than your car" is going on here.
Pox

Post by Pox »

legpull wrote:
Pox wrote:

Yes it is a nice car and I want one.

Can I get one by sitting on a roof as this is my new business plan?
I have done a SWOT analysis and everything, including a risk assessment.
I was going to make an appointment with the loan man at my bank to get finance for some ladders, a Portaloo and a rucksack based on my unique product - I realise that my idea isn't that unique, but I thought I could undercut any competitors.

Thanks for the tip about the sun vouchers - much appreciated and have placed an order at my local newsagents which I will collect for the time being but hey! when I reach the big time, I'll probably stretch to having it delivered.
legpull
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by legpull »

Pox wrote:
legpull wrote:
Pox wrote:

Yes it is a nice car and I want one.

Can I get one by sitting on a roof as this is my new business plan?
I have done a SWOT analysis and everything, including a risk assessment.
I was going to make an appointment with the loan man at my bank to get finance for some ladders, a Portaloo and a rucksack based on my unique product - I realise that my idea isn't that unique, but I thought I could undercut any competitors.

Thanks for the tip about the sun vouchers - much appreciated and have placed an order at my local newsagents which I will collect for the time being but hey! when I reach the big time, I'll probably stretch to having it delivered.
You are doing everything right, new(ish) car and trip abroad for just a little bit of effort.
Don't be put off by Americans saying its a rubbish car, what do they know ?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Not really, it is just a C-Class is essentially a small sedan made by a Luxury (Prestige) brand. C-Class compares to an A4 form Audi and 3/4 Series from BMW. It compares equally with a Toyota Camry, Fort Taurus, Chevy Malibu, VW Jetta, etc. It is basically a little fancy basic car. I would not say it were a nice car, for a car to be nice, it should be something special. Perhaps a C-Class coupe would fit the bill, but not the sedan, and more so, as the one pictured was an Oil Burner.

Truthfully, there are not that many cars I would consider a nice car. Perhaps a Porsche 911, a Mercedes AMG GT, F-Type, any Ferrari, Rolls Royce, Bentley, Aston Martin, Lamborghini, etc. There are a few nice cars out there to choose from, all a far cry from a basic run of the mill C220d, that from the looks of it, doesn't even have the AMG sport package.

So if you are going to Brag, you better Brag big, or just go home. Bragging about a C220d is just pathetic, and reflects a lack of class/sophistication necessary to appreciate what a really nice car actually is.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Pox

Post by Pox »

legpull wrote: You are doing everything right, new(ish) car and trip abroad for just a little bit of effort.
Thanks for the endorsement of my cunning plan :wink:
I'm certainly prepared for a bit of effort to get a newish car and a trip abroad.
Can't wait and thanks for the heads up!
Bones

Post by Bones »

James and Colon especially for you :snicker:

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/ne ... ust-1.html

Considering Tom lost his home and tens of thousands of pounds in equity, I wonder if he is laughing at James's antics.

It is the poor freeman/women SovCit's, I feel for that were taken in by James fruitful imagination. Imagine anything thinking for a second that this was in anyway true.

Hold on, what I am I saying :shrug: they deserve to be taken in
vampireLOREN

Post by vampireLOREN »

To be honest anything these people do I actually feel they do for my personal amusement, this whole bunch has given me great laughs. I really could give a poop what happens.....its all for laughs, Mine!!!.
Where could you find folk like this?.....the YouTube/Facebook generation :violin: .
If people from Poland are called Poles Why are aren't people from Holland called Holes?
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Keyboard engaged before brains. Again.
Last edited by Bungle on Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

PeanutGallery wrote:
In regard to Jay's claim to have received compensation, this is highly doubtful. The system for one doesn't work like that. Compensation for wrongful arrest and remand is pretty rare
He's got more chance of winning the Lotto than getting a penny from the police or court for compensation.

Just have a read of these three comments (one from a criminal lawyer):

"I am afraid that if the individual was lawfully arrested and taken before a court who have lawfully remanded him in custody then he is not entitled to any form of compensation.

What you must remember is that in England when you are found "not guilty" following a trial it does not necessarily mean you are "innocent" It simply means the prosecution have failed to prove beyond reasonable doubt that you are guilty.

"Beyond reasonable doubt" is a very high threshold to pass so if there is the slightest amount of reasonable doubt left at the end of the case the jury should find you not guilty"

Source(s):
I am a criminal solicitor

"No, it is not normally possible to recover damages or compensation for time spent on remand. An exception to this might be when it was possible to show some gross, deliberate and malicious defect in the way in which the person had been treated by the authorities and argue that their treatment had been contrary to their human rights. The sad fact is that a number of people find their lives in a mess as the result of being arrested and tried for something they didn't do".

Last one:

"The simple answer is no. You can’t get compensation for wrongful arrest or unlawful imprisonment, but that's not the situation you're dealing with.

You dealing with a situation where someone is lawfully arrested, lawfully detained in custody pending trial and then acquitted.

There is no compensation in those circumstances (in the UK) and any answer which says otherwise is wrong".

Source(s):
I'm a lawyer
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

It appears he had a few businesses surrounding cars, one a towing firm, one a budget car firm dealing with cars that have been written off and repaired and one the clamp fairy. I'd hazard a guess he's purchased or leased the car through one of those businesses to make it all appear legitimate
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back