The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

FatGambit
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Post by FatGambit »

YiamCross wrote:
FatGambit wrote:... Craig has probably for the better part of his life lived under the control of Tom, it doesn't make him pathetic though and is why a new crime was invented at the new year to cover this sort of stuff, so I have some sympathy for his plight, if not for his actions....
If you were talking about teenagers then I'd say okay but Craig is 31 and he doesn't live at home anymore. He just looks to me like a spineless wimp who never grew a pair. It's like saying that the abused have an excuse for becoming abusers so give them a pass. I've seen absolutely nothing to indicate that Craig has had a gun held to his head, he's not acting under any threat or coercion, he's supposed to be a grown man but he acts like a child. Worse, he's shown no inclination to discover the facts for himself or take responsibility for his own actions. He just does what he's told by the manipulators around him and I'm afraid I can't see that as anything but sad and pathetic.
It was only recently that he moved out, like a few years ago? I seem to remember someone here did an electoral roll check and it was quiet recent, perhaps he's still finding his feet? Two of my aunties moved hundreds of miles up the other end of the country to get away from their mother and one is still too traumatised to visit her anything more than once a decade, and this is 40 years later (hence my it is easy to judge without experience comment, these things can damage people for life and what you may consider someone being a wimp, others would consider PTSD), I don't disagree with your overall assumption, but I do disagree with your assertation that he is sad and pathetic, if Tom is as half as controlling and manipulative as he seems, it's a wonder any of those kids have actually managed to get out from under his thumb at all.

He's also not even a close comparison to an abuser wanting a free pass because they were abused themselves, I know you don't like them but come on that's hardly a fair comparison, didn't you just obtain an injunction against them for something similar?

Edit: he is an irresponsible idiot I totally agree with you on that, just wanted to clarify I wasn't defending him, I just think you, of all people, should choose your words more wisely considering what has happened etc.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

FatGambit wrote:..., I know you don't like them but come on that's hardly a fair comparison, didn't you just obtain an injunction against them for something similar?
Nope, it's nothing to do with liking or not liking them. I didn't go to all the hassle of getting an injunction because they called me names. I diď it because they threatened my family and myself and my property with violence. Big difference. Sorry, but I don't care how dominant his daddy is, Craig's a big boy now and he has to take responsibility for his actions. It really is weak and pathetic for a 30 year old bloke to stand there and say he can't do anything without his daddy.
FatGambit wrote:Edit: he is an irresponsible idiot I totally agree with you on that, just wanted to clarify I wasn't defending him, I just think you, of all people, should choose your words more wisely considering what has happened etc.
I do choose my words very carefully indeed. You're entitled to your opinion but having a dominant daddy is no excuse for threatening and inciting others to violence and I'm saddened that you would defend him for doing so.
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

Can we knock it off please, we are heading for another off topic flame war. Apologies to Joinder for it being his post I've jumped in on but he's not the only one involved.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

It wasn't heading into a flame war or going OT, discussing the potential reasoning behind some of Craig's behaviour is relevant to the topic (since he is on trial, although we won't discuss that directly), Yiam has his view, and I have mine, we disagree on some points and will (hopefully) agree to disagree on those without resorting to calling each other names.

I've no idea what Joiner said, but perhaps it would be an idea to keep the original post intact and enclose it in quotes with that kind of note under it, rather than the anonomus mod editing that leaves us scratching our heads wondering what was said....
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

FatGambit wrote:It wasn't heading into a flame war or going OT, discussing the potential reasoning behind some of Craig's behaviour is relevant to the topic (since he is on trial, although we won't discuss that directly), Yiam has his view, and I have mine, ...
I'll second that. I think it's a perfectly reasonable discussion to have since it has some relevance to the subject of the thread and doesn't stray into speculation about the case itself. FatGambit is discussing reasonably, as I hope I am, though I think we've pretty much reached the point of agreeing to disagree & I doubt there's much more of use to say on the subject.

Whatever Joinder said, given the tendency for flaming he's demonstrated in the past, may well have been a completely different kettle of fish. I will never know but since I have chosen to ignore him anyway I doubt he's going to drag me into a flame war.

So let's keep calm and carry on. To quote the tee-shirt.
Joinder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by Joinder »

FatGambit wrote:It wasn't heading into a flame war or going OT, discussing the potential reasoning behind some of Craig's behaviour is relevant to the topic (since he is on trial, although we won't discuss that directly), Yiam has his view, and I have mine, we disagree on some points and will (hopefully) agree to disagree on those without resorting to calling each other names.

I've no idea what Joiner said, but perhaps it would be an idea to keep the original post intact and enclose it in quotes with that kind of note under it, rather than the anonomus mod editing that leaves us scratching our heads wondering what was said....
Well all I said was that it was a shame that you had to apologise for having a different point of view and voicing your fear that it might start a flame war.
I can't see anything remotely controversial about that.
Although I did mention in another post about the terrifying actions of that old guy, Tom " the hat" Crawford, which I expected to be denied, but really, there's nothing in my post to you that should have caused concern.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Something interesting on the old youtube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kI0ZlVK5iqw

:snooty:
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Bones wrote:Something interesting on the old youtube

Usual MLM bollocks ipro my arse. I did a little youtube to sum it up.

https://youtu.be/dkhAD2WEX8M
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

Considering how craigy boy keeps posting on Facebook despite himself Amanda and haining all saying they cant talk about the case, it seems jay brad is still insisting on posting

Latest how his barrister is going to kick ass next week and how he's feeling very optimistic. (Sorry can't provide a link and don't know how to post screenshots on here via a mobile device :oops: )

I can see there being a big fall out from all this between the defendants
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Wait, did something happen on Friday?
Bones

Post by Bones »

hucknallred wrote:

Usual MLM bollocks ipro my arse. I did a little youtube to sum it up.

https://youtu.be/dkhAD2WEX8M
I referring to the claims made by Craig about how much he has earned
Bones

Post by Bones »

midjit-gems wrote:Considering how craigy boy keeps posting on Facebook despite himself Amanda and haining all saying they cant talk about the case, it seems jay brad is still insisting on posting

Latest how his barrister is going to kick ass next week and how he's feeling very optimistic. (Sorry can't provide a link and don't know how to post screenshots on here via a mobile device :oops: )

I can see there being a big fall out from all this between the defendants

Where as Craig does not seem to be enjoying as much

hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Bones wrote: I referring to the claims made by Craig about how much he has earned
Indeed, my response - or should I say Mr. Hamilton's response was aimed that way. I lasted about 10 seconds on the ipro site, I'm making an educated guess at it being MLM nonsense, whereby people several levels down do the work for little reward, with clowns at the top promising untold riches.
wanglepin

Post by wanglepin »

midjit-gems wrote:Considering how craigy boy keeps posting,,,,,,Latest how his barrister is going to kick ass next week and how he's feeling very optimistic.
His barrister? I thought it was reported that he "cross examined" a security guard as he was representing himself?
Pox

Post by Pox »

Wow! Where do I buy this product?
The iPRO was it?

The iAMATEUR more like.

A testimonial regarding a product from such a successful 'internet marketeer' makes me want to be front of the queue! :sarcasmon:
Pox

Post by Pox »

wanglepin wrote:
midjit-gems wrote:Considering how craigy boy keeps posting,,,,,,Latest how his barrister is going to kick ass next week and how he's feeling very optimistic.
His barrister? I thought it was reported that he "cross examined" a security guard as he was representing himself?
I think the kick ass comment was from Bradley and referred to Bradley's barrister.

Maybe the ones who are representing themselves are not entitled to legal aid but those that are represented are entitled?

Unless of course, they are of the same mind as Haining, who I expect thinks that he has superior skills and knowledge than any barrister, QC etc.
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

wanglepin wrote:
Apologies i meant to say whereas jays barrister was going to kick ass. Completely my fault missing words out changes the whole post
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
Bones

Post by Bones »

Nothing to see here... move a long :whistle: :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:
Last edited by Bones on Sat Jan 09, 2016 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Just basing my assumption on the gif you posted, he's sitting in the passenger seat, so someone else is driving (even if he was mad enough to try it, I doubt he could, he seems to have enough trouble doing two things at the same time, let alone three).
Bones

Post by Bones »

FatGambit wrote:Just basing my assumption on the gif you posted, he's sitting in the passenger seat, so someone else is driving (even if he was mad enough to try it, I doubt he could, he seems to have enough trouble doing two things at the same time, let alone three).
S*** you are right :-(

I will delete it and hope no one notices