The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AndyPandy
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: The Rooftop 6 - The Trial of the Century!

Post by AndyPandy »

Bones wrote:
midjit-gems wrote: Now as luck would have it, poor jay seems to have been screwed over, as he was contacted to say the debt was still owed due to the bank losing the cheque.
James, just send them another WeRe Cheque :haha:
But from which bank... there's now two of them.. such a dilemma !! :snicker:
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Why not one from each? You'd think they'd have twice the chance of them working (unfortunately 2 times 0 is still 0).
Warning may contain traces of nut
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

I think it's been established that he's really not that bright.

Considering the comments on the YouTube video colon posted about him in Paris I'm fairly sure nine of this was ever designed to be just a prank. They were convinced they could pull it off as being a real coo

But it seems one of the rooftop retards was in fact a member of the Nottingham pirates aka anonymous and he wasn't invited to the celebration party. So he's not too thrilled with craigy boy, though still no appearance from the prince of bellend aka ady Sutcliffe. Wonder why he's not supporting them like he usually does?
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

doublelong wrote:... Now 6 weeks later they had money paid to them and the dad came in to thank me in has new designer tracksuit and trainers and said his wife said thankyou as she had booked some sunbed time and was having her nails and hair done and yes the kid still had the same shoes on.
And there you have in a nutshell the true tragedy of these people. Here's a bloke with no visible means of support now that Mary the Clamp Fairy has been exorcised, who probably had to pay out at least what he received in recompense for his costs from the trial but when he gets the cheque does he think of his partner and new baby? Does he consider that paying the outstanding council tax would be a good way to ensure he and his family have a roof over their heads in months to come?

Nope. Hire a less than impressive car, probably at the instigation of some pony tailed idiot who, stupid as he is, isn't quite so dumb and gullible, and take off to Paris for the day. Hey, why hire your own basement level Merc when there's an easily persuaded moron who'll blow his cash and take you along for the ride gratis?

I don't get the impression that Jay Brad (please, please, could we stop with the gay Brad, it's really not big or clever to play the homophobic card & especially in a sensible forum) is evil. He's just incredibly stupid and easily lead, perfect fodder for the likes of Colon in fact. For all his faults, I pity more than despise him. Actually, when I see how Colon plays him like a cheap ukelely I almost feel sorry for him.

Then again, I felt sorry for Tom Crawford at one point early on in the game.
doublelong wrote:...and Guy Taylor is the perfect example of this. :beatinghorse:
Nope, Guy Taylor is a failed criminal (magna cum laude not!) with unrealised aspirations to thuggery and no compunction at all when it comes to leading idiots by the nose to their doom. Sadly his suptidity has none of the naive buffonery Jay Brad demonstrates and I have to say he probably comes closest to anyone I've ever met in embodying true evil.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Is it me or has James gone very sheepish since his joke lies blew up in his face.

Here is a public challenge to you James "loves the passenger seat / no licence" Bradley - take part in the very debate you personally requested and show one post that demonstrates that anyone from here was fooled by your joke lies.

Your attempt to pass off your lies, now as a joke doesn't really hold any water - From the moment you lied about receiving an interim payment, your claims were immediately disproven on this site. You claim that you continued the lies to annoy "gordon hewitt" but Gorden was not sucked in by your lies - like us, he only posted to show and prove that you was telling lies.

Now he has said that your fanboys are harassing both him and his family - causing disruption to family business's with his only crime being showing you up as a liar. Hope you are proud of yourself big man. Could to see that you are as honest as Colon and the Crawfrauds and willing at the drop of the hat to lie to people, when it suits you.

By the way, the RTA that supposedly resulted in you getting the merc - your mondeo is seen in one of your video (shhh I won't tell anyone, it will be our little secret)

Now James, we know you read this thread, feel free to respond :whistle:
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Or maybe think up another great prank for us to enjoy. Don't strain yourself too much mind, I know it can be taxing work this thinking.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

PeanutGallery wrote:Or maybe think up another great prank for us to enjoy debunk.
FIFY
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Are the laws in UK that different that someone with a bad driving record, or no license can actually hire a car without a licensed driver doing the driving. Certainly can't here, at least at the real reputable places. I've never had one check my record, that I know of, but I don't have any license issues either.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

James probably didn't hire the car, he may have paid the money to hire the car, but ultimately it would have been in someone else's name. Thinking about this, it strikes me that it was likely all Colon's idea, James isn't that bright (as we've seen) and no doubt they thought it would wind us right up if we were shown that James was enjoying himself moreso if we believed it to be money he was given after trying to get Tom's home back.

The trouble is this was a fools venture, most of us are here because we debunk wild and preposterous claims, so we were going to examine this one, and discuss it, then show it to be a lie. This shows a few important things, first it's that Colon and James both care about what we think here, I would wager that Colon doesn't like being painted as an idiot (it's something that we can easily imagine happens to him a lot in the real world, it likely started in his school days) especially considering that now poor deluded lost little lambs are turning to him for advice and finding him to be little more than a Yudasgoat who shows them the path to the butchers block. Colon knows that if his followers woke up and listened to us, they wouldn't be sheepishly traipsing off to their doom and he'd be an impotent husk of a man with the Sisyphean task of trying desperately to remember a time when he wasn't a loser.

James doesn't like us because Colons told him he doesn't like us and he does what he's told to do, like a good sheep.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

PeanutGallery wrote:...first it's that Colon and James both care about what we think here, I would wager that Colon doesn't like being painted as an idiot ....
Which is quite a tragedy for someone who demonstrates with everything he does just how big an idiot he is.

I almost feel sorry for Jay Brad being talked into blowing a cheque that should have covered his costs on a trip to Disneyland for Colon. I wonder if they had anything left over to pay off the money the bailiffs were chasing while Jay Brad was away in Leicester? I'm guessing the answer is going to be a big no.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

notorial dissent wrote:Are the laws in UK that different that someone with a bad driving record, or no license can actually hire a car without a licensed driver doing the driving. Certainly can't here, at least at the real reputable places. I've never had one check my record, that I know of, but I don't have any license issues either.
It's a flawed system, most hire companies will only hire the car to the person paying for it, who has to hold a full license, some companies will let the hirer be one person and the driver another, but as I said it's a flawed system because you could hire the car, front up with a person and declare them the driver, jump through the hoops, drive the car down the road and then swap over and the unlicensed person do the rest of the driving. The UK authorities mostly rely on ANPR (automatic number plate recodnition) cameras that only flag up un-insured/un-taxed cars for a stop, if the car is insured then they hardly ever look at you.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

FatGambit wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Are the laws in UK that different that someone with a bad driving record, or no license can actually hire a car without a licensed driver doing the driving. Certainly can't here, at least at the real reputable places. I've never had one check my record, that I know of, but I don't have any license issues either.
It's a flawed system, most hire companies will only hire the car to the person paying for it, who has to hold a full license, some companies will let the hirer be one person and the driver another, but as I said it's a flawed system because you could hire the car, front up with a person and declare them the driver, jump through the hoops, drive the car down the road and then swap over and the unlicensed person do the rest of the driving. The UK authorities mostly rely on ANPR (automatic number plate recodnition) cameras that only flag up un-insured/un-taxed cars for a stop, if the car is insured then they hardly ever look at you.
Last time I hired a car there was a lot of paperwork required to prove who the driver was, where they live and the contract is pretty specific about who can drive it. Who paid the bill didn't much matter so long as they paid on a card IIRC.

I guess it's possible for anyone to let an unlicenced driver drive their car and I imagine doing the same for a hire car would attract similar consequences if discovered. I can't imagine any system which could prevent a driver swap unless the hire company sent someone along to keep an eye so not so much of a flaw as just the only practical way it can be.

In every video I've seen Jay Brad appeared to be in the passenger seat so no reason to think he was driving at any time. With his record if he was caught he'd be looking at quite a stiff sentence, I believe he'as already spent a few months inside for similar offences, so maybe he's learned his lesson. I hope so.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

It's streamlined now, two forms of ID (bills), license, dvla code or code check document (I printed mine) and credit card, when we hired a car last October they were quiet happy for my wife to pay and be the hirer, and me the designated driver, but that was a local company, the big ones wanted anything from £5 to £15 extra per day for a nominated driver.

It took longer for them to correct the spelling and license plate number of the car on the documents than it did the original stuff, it's that quick now, if the person doing the paperwork can type properly that is.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

A little off topic, but in regard hiring cars (I believe it's called "renting" here in the US), most car agencies have an additional charge for a driver who is not the spouse of the hirer,but do not demand to see the drivers license of drivers other than the hirer. On the other hand, U-Haul, a truck hiring agency, does not have an additional charge and doesn't ask to see the license. The hirer has to sign a form stating that the additional driver(s) have a license....

However, if the driver doesn't have a license, the hirer could be prosecuted for grand theft auto. (Reasoning: the agreement is void if the hirer allows someone without a license to drive the vehicle, so the agency could report it stolen.)

"Lose the name" doesn't work well, either.
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

I'm not sure why anyone thinks they might have a sensible discussion with "Jay Brad" when the attached video shows his intellect. The section from 07.30 has the least wind noise ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v8AutGovJQ
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Bones

Post by Bones »

I see James Bradley is still running scared of us quatlosers :snicker: :haha:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/scared

verb (used with object), scared, scaring.
to fill, especially suddenly, with fear or terror; frighten; alarm.
midjit-gems
Captain
Captain

Post by midjit-gems »

Normal Wisdom wrote:I'm not sure why anyone thinks they might have a sensible discussion with "Jay Brad" when the attached video shows his intellect. The section from 07.30 has the least wind noise ....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-v8AutGovJQ

Wesley ahmed is the man behind the camera. In case you didn't recognise the voice
I call it as I see it
I speak my mind
I don't hold back
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Arthur Rubin wrote:A little off topic, but in regard hiring cars (I believe it's called "renting" here in the US), most car agencies have an additional charge for a driver who is not the spouse of the hirer,but do not demand to see the drivers license of drivers other than the hirer. On the other hand, U-Haul, a truck hiring agency, does not have an additional charge and doesn't ask to see the license. The hirer has to sign a form stating that the additional driver(s) have a license....

However, if the driver doesn't have a license, the hirer could be prosecuted for grand theft auto. (Reasoning: the agreement is void if the hirer allows someone without a license to drive the vehicle, so the agency could report it stolen.)

"Lose the name" doesn't work well, either.
I strongly suspect, too, that any insurance coverage provided by the rental company would be void if an unlicensed driver were operating the vehicle. That means that the person who rented (hired) the car would be personally liable for any damage to the car or to other drivers and/or property. Letting an unlicensed driver drive your car, whether your own or a rental, can become a very expensive proposition.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I can't speak for the UK, but the last time I rented a car it was spelled out very plainly that you either have sufficient insurance of your own to cover damage or get the company's insurance, and that an unlicensed or unregistered person operating the car voided everything and you were in a heap o' trouble. If there was someone besides me going to possibly be operating they had to be listed on the contract.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Of course, but we're talking freeman wowo here so those rules don't apply...