Baron David Ward

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Baron David Ward

Post by TheNewSaint »

NYGman wrote::thinking: does anyone even bother to open attachments from strangers, in today's day and age.
Good question. The sad truth is that too many still do. My huge company just went through a round of whack-the-virus from someone opening a dubious attachment.

Most of BDW's emails are sent to elected officials. I suspect that elected officials have to be somewhat accepting of attachments from unknown entities, as they could be constituents raising a legit concern. And, PDF files are not a suspicious type of attachment. So it's likely the Baron's missives get through at first. I also suspect that reading 1-2 of his emails is all it takes for them to filter him into their Junk folder.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Dissent amongst the ranks!

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

SteveUK wrote:Dissent amongst the ranks!
so let me get this right, a Self Professes IT Expert doesn't understand a basic sending error (which honestly doesn't take an IT Genius to figure out) is using his self professed Legal Expertise to save his house. Hmmm, I wonder if this will shake the faith of the followers. If an IT Expert doesn't recognize this error, he isn't the expert he thinks he is. Chances are high, other areas they profess to be an expert in, may also fail and he may not be an expert in those other areas either.

I do hope this gives some of his followers pause, to consider the Baron's true expertise.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

The Baron wrote:
There is nothing I don't Know
I cannot imagine why his wife is no longer with him. :snicker:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

A mail merge/attachment/macro attack using free email accounts? What is he trying to take down, Windows 3.0?

I'm sure that government mail servers can easily handle this sort of thing. Especially since he's probably already on their radar for all the dumb-ass crap he's sent them in the past.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

David "not a real Baron" Ward - If people get in my face, they get hurt
:haha:

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

The engineer that puts sugar in the fuel?

As an engineer, all I can say is, he must of been a faily incompetent engineer if that's how inventive he is.

I think the stress of what's going on in his personal live will make his rantings even more bizarre in the future.

This is a clear symptom of the freeman mind- bizarre rantings and defiance in the face of logical facts!
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

letissier14 wrote:
David "not a real Baron" Ward - If people get in my face, they get hurt
:haha:

he's finally right about one thing. If he's allowing them to waste his time, he's their prisoner, he hasn't taken one.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

He thinks Facebook friend requests constitute some kind of government attack on him? Becca Green was right; this guy needs psychiatric help.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Only 50 accounts? C'mon, when Anonymous rolled out the HOIC it was reported they used 27,000 machines to take out the FBI.

I'd also say that his knowledge of clever engineering sabotage seems to be in part lifted from the shenanigans seen in Beverly Hills Cop.
Warning may contain traces of nut
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I am of the opinion that you are giving Baron Bonkers much too much credit. I think it is fairly evident that he was always, well, bonkers, and that some incident finally pushed him over the ledge to full on cray cray, and he discovered the innerwebs and could thereby declaim to others of the Clan Bonkers at his leisure. I am coming to the conclusion that the innerwebs is to the late 20th early 21st C what the mimeograph machine was to the 50-60's. They both gave a voice to those who could master in even a rudimentary fashion the technology, thus becoming a voice, and that is what I am seeing here.

I would be very unsurprised if the gov't IT dept doesn't have a filter list of crackpot and dangerous email addresses to catch just this sort of thing and sequester it to keep it from harming the system.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

notorial dissent wrote:I would be very unsurprised if the gov't IT dept doesn't have a filter list of crackpot and dangerous email addresses to catch just this sort of thing and sequester it to keep it from harming the system.
I doubt the Baron is capable of stressing even the most rudimentary email server. Especially since he hasn't figured out his original problem, which is that his messages aren't going out because he exceeded his sending quota. :snicker:

The picture that's developing here is that of an aged, bitter IT guy with out-of-date skills. He claims to be super techy guy, but misunderstands the most basic things about how email and Facebook work, and devises a "hack" that wouldn't have succeeded 10 years ago. Also, he seems to have only discovered the innerwebs in 2012-2013, as I could find no older evidence of his FMOTL activities.
notorial dissent

Baron Boring "might" be a techy, of some stripe, stranger things have happened, and I have certainly spoken those of similar caliber, but I don't ever think he was much of one. I seriously doubt that he was ever a threat to anything except maybe the TOS of whoever his email provider was as I am quite sure the gov't servers are more than capable of handling anything he throws at them, a handful of emails isn't going to shut them down, but too many off of his account could well shut him down.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

"By all cognitive functioning reasonable comprehension is a concept of the abstract and of no material substance."

So says The Baron.

UK readers might be excused for thinking this load of bollocks came from the mouth of the Viz character "Mr. Logic" who has the strapline "He's a Twat".

Chief Constable Byrne must be thinking "they don't pay me enough :| "
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

What's he wittering about, can anyone translate, my eyes start to close at the 2nd paragraph. :brickwall:
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote:"By all cognitive functioning reasonable comprehension is a concept of the abstract and of no material substance."

So says The Baron.

UK readers might be excused for thinking this load of bollocks came from the mouth of the Viz character "Mr. Logic" who has the strapline "He's a Twat".

Chief Constable Byrne must be thinking "they don't pay me enough :| "
The chief constable no doubt has a retinue of civilian lackeys whose job description includes skim-reading this sort of green-ink nonsense, sending out "We acknowledge your letter of the xxth inst and have brought the matter to the attention of..." letters and filing said letters in the deranged loonies file. This fact alone would be enough to prompt a further 100+ page missive from Baron Tramp Beard.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Angolvagyok
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Angolvagyok »

AndyPandy wrote:What's he wittering about, can anyone translate, my eyes start to close at the 2nd paragraph. :brickwall:
Wet ink signature. That's the crux of the matter. He does constantly refer to himself as 'we' through the whole document, which I find quite unsettling. "We are an experienced IT technician", paraphrasing. Reminds me of the Spaniard videos when he keeps repeating Mort-gauge to the poor call centre staff.

Edit: you need to read the 6th paragraph. He talks about how his computer expertise allows him to recognise ink digital signature.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Angolvagyok wrote:
AndyPandy wrote:What's he wittering about, can anyone translate, my eyes start to close at the 2nd paragraph. :brickwall:
We are an experienced IT technician", paraphrasing. Reminds me of the Spaniard videos when he keeps repeating Mort-gauge to the poor call centre staff.
REminds me of the Monty Python Spanish Inquisition sketches. We are the IT Technician, with our Main weapon, Fear, and Surprise, Our Two Main Weapons, Fear, Surprise, and a detailed understanding of Common law, etc, etc, etc...
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent

Glad it wasn't just me. Even for Baron Boring that was gibberish.