Baron David Ward

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Baron David Ward

Post by TheNewSaint »

notorial dissent wrote:While the suggestions are all well and good, and I honestly think they are a good idea, I am of the opinion, that it is Baron Boring's ever so charming personality and winning ways and general people skills that are, and have been, his chief detriment, and, I also think, more than likely the fount of most all of his problems.
Oh, definitely. You'd be surprised how much IT companies value personality and cultural fit. It took me too long to figure this out in my career. When I started thinking about how I could be a part of the team instead of proving how I was smarter than everyone else, my career greatly improved.

And I share HP's hope that DW* can figure it out. He wasn't looking for work before that we know of, so maybe ending up in a homeless shelter has caused him to rethink his life. If he's serious about getting employment, any job advice centers are going to tell him the same things we did. Maybe it'll sink in. Sometimes it takes a traumatic event to get a person to change from a destructive path. I'm pessimistic, given the severe combination of outdated skills and bad personality he has to overcome, but I'm willing to offer encouragement.

* - side note: I'm not calling him "Baron" anymore, not even sarcastically, or as part of an acronym. If he wants to recover from the mess he's made of his life, letting go of this meaningless label would be a positive step.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

He definitely needs to start doing something soon, even if it's 1 day a week voluntary work.
That 10 year chasm in his employment history will scare off a lot of potential employers, and the ones who aren't will ask awkward questions about it.
Also as noted by others on here, his ICT skills are out of date by a fair few years; the majority of companies will have migrated away from XP by now. These days he would encounter Windows 7 or newer on a corporate desktop and Server 2008 or newer on a corporate server.
So refreshing his MS certifications and/or getting voluntary work experience on those systems would be highly beneficial if he wants to re-enter the ICT support sector.

His CV should be shorter, no more than a double-sided sheet of A4. The advice I was given back when I was unemployed is to keep employment history down to the last 10 years as anything older than that usually isn't relevant to most sectors.
Obviously his 10 year gap makes this difficult. But if I were him I'd trim his down to the stuff from 2000 onward.

Again his education history should be trimmed down to the stuff that's relevant to what he's applying for.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Firthy2002 wrote: Again his education history should be trimmed down to the stuff that's relevant to what he's applying for.
Is there any relevant education?
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Arthur Rubin wrote:
Firthy2002 wrote:Again his education history should be trimmed down to the stuff that's relevant to what he's applying for.
Is there any relevant education?
It does rather remind me of the Frank Spencer advert where he uses to standard comedic method of taking a long advert then cutting parts out leaving a comedy final product. Frank's advert went into how he was a handyman, available at all times, no job too small, willing to travel etc. After serious editing, it reads: "I am a man. Distance no object."
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Arthur Rubin wrote:Is there any relevant education?
Either way, his resume shouldn't focus on it. At his age, and the jobs he wants to get, it's more about skills and work experience. Which aren't bad, but are horribly out of date. He needs to bring his industry certifications current, and be willing to accept a lower-level job until he does.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Well radio silence has been broken.

Firstly, he's still a Baron unless he's addressing his bank (TSB) in which case its just plain old David A Ward, I find that vaguely disappointing somehow.

Secondly his war on his ex wife and her solicitors continues, he wants his seven grand;
To Carole Nettleton in the Position of Solicitor for Fiona Bruce Solicitors LLP
C/O Fiona Bruce Solicitors LLP
3 Grappenhall Road
Stocton Heath
Warrington
WA4 2AH
You’re Ref: CN/PL/W01684/1
Dear Carol Net
Regarding the correspondence we received from you on the 11th Day on November 2016. It is clear that these funds were not transferred to Santander (UK) plc to settle the claim from Santander as Santander has now formally repossessed 145 Slater Street. It is therefore conclusive that these funds of £7,010.99 are still in the possession of Fiona Bruce Solicitors LLP.
In the interests of candour and diplomacy we feel that it would not be appropriate for us to attend your office in person. However there is still the matter of transferring these funds. As we are in temporary accommodation we have not as yet informed the TSB Bank of this temporary accommodation as it is temporary accommodation. However to facilitate the transfer of these funds by way of formal identification we have received correspondence from HMR&C which formally confirms our current address which is enclosed. This should satisfy one of the two formal requirements confirming our current address.
Photo identification is provided by way of formal photo Driving Licence which only leaves the remaining details of the Bank to transfer the funds to which is the TSB Bank. Sort Code, @@-@@-@@. Account number. @@@@@@@@ in the name of MR DAVID A WARD. See enclosed.
We await your response.
Without ill will or vexation.
For and on behalf of the Principal legal embodiment by the title of MR DAVID WARD.
For and on behalf of the attorney General of the House of Ward Embassy.
For and on behalf of Baron David of the House of Ward Embassy.
All rights reserved.
Meanwhile he or is that 'we' has/have plans to move from his/our temporary residence at the Sally Bash;
Baron David Ward
The Food here at the Salvation Army Hostal is awesome and I have had a good sleep for a month. Project "B" is calling me bigtime now. I need a 7.5 ton Truck. Ask me no questions. I need a 7.5 ton Truck with a tail lift...... Or a Horse Box same size.
But he's back into the first person here. Why does he need this truck?
Baron David Ward
Planning on living in the front half and a workshop in the back. I dont think a rental company would be to pleased.
He'll be like a one man A Team, hammering, grinding and welding away before......who knows what emerges out the back to carry out his cunning plan.

"If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find him, maybe you can hire... the Project B-Team!"

"Don't give me no jibber-jabber - Fool!"

Glad to see he's on fine form despite everything.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

I am trying to recall any feudal baron in England's history who, once his lands were forfeited, resolved to carry on with his baronry from the back of a wagon. I am failing at this, but English feudal history was not one of my fortes.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
longdog

Post by longdog »

Can we start calling him Baron Iveco?
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

longdog wrote:Can we start calling him Baron Iveco?
Careful, or we will get a satire based on Scott's "Ivanhoe."
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Angolvagyok
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Angolvagyok »

I hope he isn't thinking about a repeat of the killdozer incident.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Marvin_Heemeyer
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

It sounds like he is still real unclear on what happened with the divorce and the mortgage endowment funds. I'm not sure the lawyer would want him thee with out security being present as he isn't going to like the answers he gets. I don't think he has figured out that he may not be getting anything out of the deal.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle

longdog wrote:Can we start calling him Baron Iveco?
Baron von New Age Traveller more like. He's going to need £7k to buy a decent truck and insure it but the solicitors will try to sit on the money until a final settlement is reached. A normal person could go to court and make a case for getting some or all of the money, but I'd suspect the Baron either won't or would "shoot himself in the foot" if he went to court.
Also, I hope he passed his driving test long enough ago that he has the 7.5t entitlement. Oh, and it's a pain in the thingy to insure a vehicle when you haven't got a fixed address.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
notorial dissent

Wouldn't the mortgage company have had first claim on the endowment money to begin with?

I have every faith in Baron Boring's ability to shoot himself in the foot repeatedly, he has done so for a very long time, and I don't see any reason to expect otherwise from him.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Normal Wisdom

Post by Normal Wisdom »

Brilliant stuff in the Baron's latest email / FB post ...

"As we are in temporary accommodation we have not as yet informed the TSB Bank of this temporary accommodation as it is temporary accommodation."
“Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.'”
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

That is a sentence written with the help of cheap booze and sleeping pills.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

There's a suitable truck advertised along the road from us, a postcard in the feed merchants. Horsebox lorry with living area, cooker, plumbing etc and cab accessible. Two problems, it's the opposite end of the country, and he'd need to pay for it.
ArthurWankspittle

notorial dissent wrote:Wouldn't the mortgage company have had first claim on the endowment money to begin with?
Someone will probably give fuller details but my recollection is that is how it used to be decades ago but something in the law or case history changed it such that the mortgage company couldn't insist on getting the money at the end of the term. Depending on the when and the details of the endowment it may just be money in the pot to be distributed after divorce agreement.
ArthurWankspittle

aesmith wrote:There's a suitable truck advertised along the road from us, a postcard in the feed merchants. Horsebox lorry with living area, cooker, plumbing etc and cab accessible. Two problems, it's the opposite end of the country, and he'd need to pay for it.
He'd also need to tax, insure and put fuel in the thing, and single figures mpg isn't unusual.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Wouldn't the mortgage company have had first claim on the endowment money to begin with?
Someone will probably give fuller details but my recollection is that is how it used to be decades ago but something in the law or case history changed it such that the mortgage company couldn't insist on getting the money at the end of the term. Depending on the when and the details of the endowment it may just be money in the pot to be distributed after divorce agreement.
In one of DW's voluminous packets of information, there's a letter in which he is paid his share of the endowment policy.
notorial dissent

It would seem he is guilty of two narratives then.