Baron David Ward

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

exiledscouser
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Baron David Ward

Post by exiledscouser »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:There is one point I would like to make regarding this matter. I believe the correct way to refer to the Baron's ex- wife is Lady Ward.
Quatloos must not allow its standards to slip when discussing future guttersnipes such as the Baron :snicker:
Tugging my forelock as we speak (that's no euphemism please) I should learn my place.

Although Burkes esteemed peerage is strangely silent about all the former and current residents of Slater Street.

I wonder whether there are any little Baronets running about from the union?
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

"Colt of arms"? "Baring Arm's in the court"? "The Judge is in service to the crown corporation so his status is that of servant. He sits underneath the crest because he is below the crest, he is a servant. When you display your family crest you are a Master at Arms, A Baron not a servant."

Wow. I haven't heard such things here since our old friend Van Pelt began raving about his supposed rights as a "patroon".
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Pottapaug1938 wrote:"Colt of arms"? "Baring Arm's in the court"?
This is one of the problems with the aristocracy. It's all that interbreeding don't ya know? :snicker:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

notorial dissent wrote:I'm now wondering when the former Mrs Baron, I presume, will get the possession order enforced and be back in her castle.
No, I don't think that's what the repo is for. It was a Family Court order on 18 December 2015.

On 17 August 2016, Santander wrote to David, wanting £2,058.26 for the outstanding mortgage account.

On 28 November 2016, Hamlins wrote to David, saying he had breached his mortgage with Santander, so an order for possession had been made.

I don't know how much is outstanding on the mortgage. He is expecting to receive £7,010.99 as his half of a surrendered Aviva Life Policy.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

littleFred wrote:No, I don't think that's what the repo is for. It was a Family Court order on 18 December 2015.

On 17 August 2016, Santander wrote to David, wanting £2,058.26 for the outstanding mortgage account.

On 28 November 2016, Hamlins wrote to David, saying he had breached his mortgage with Santander, so an order for possession had been made.

I don't know how much is outstanding on the mortgage. He is expecting to receive £7,010.99 as his half of a surrendered Aviva Life Policy.
I'm confused. Have I got this right?
The Family Court has ordered he hand the house over to his ex-wife.
Santander want the house repossessed because he hasn't being paying the mortgage or his endowment wasn't enough to pay off the capital or both.
Edit: I guess both. I now think the endowment ended Dec 2014 but there was a shortfall which Ward has done nothing about.

His ex-wife's solicitors have also done something to stop him running off with the endowment payout.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:The Family Court has ordered he hand the house over to his ex-wife.
No. It ordered that the house be sold. The order of 18 December 2015 includes:
"that the property be forthwith placed on the open market for sale".
My interpretation is that either (a) the mortgage was too much for either Mr or Mrs Ward to pay individually, or (b) that neither wanted to live there. [EDIT: Or (c) if they co-owned the house, neither side could buy-out the other.] As David has continued to live there, I assume he still wants to.

He has objected to an estate agent errecting a "for sale" notice, and told the Chief Constable that he must stop this terrorism, and if he doesn't then David will call the army to sort out the police.
longdog

Post by longdog »

God forbid that he's being required by court order to do what most divorcing / separating couples do of their own volition and divide the common property fairly between them.

What a cruel and heartless totalitarian state we live in. :(
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

littleFred wrote:[EDIT: Or (c) if they co-owned the house, neither side could buy-out the other.]
That makes the most sense as neither of them will have enough money to buy the other out and pay their solicitors I suspect.
littleFred wrote:As David has continued to live there, I assume he still wants to.
In defiance of a court order. The situation is presumably now being forced by Santander because no one has paid the mortgage for about two years. His ex will "happily" take a back seat while he makes a prat of himself trying to stop the repo, then use it in evidence against him when it comes to getting a settlement figure.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

I'm confused. He claimed he was ordered to "hand over possession to his ex"
viewtopic.php?p=235593#p235593
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

@ArthurWankspittle : Yes (although I've seen nothing to suggest that David is using a solicitor). Following a sale, any equity in the house after paying the mortgage would have been split equally between Mr and Mrs Ward. But instead of selling the house in the ordinary way, David is "doing a Tom" by paying no mortgage and waiting to be evicted. Mrs Ward's solicitors have told him this isn't the smartest move.

I expect those solicitors anticipate that losses caused by David's stupidity should come out of his share. David claims (through miscomprehension and faulty reasoning) that the solicitors will have to pay any shortfall in the mortgage.

But David is wealthy, at least on paper. He has a commercial lien for £50,000,000 on a bloke from the gas company for trying to install a pre-paid meter. The bloke might consider himself lucky to escape with his life, as David says:
David wrote:The occupants defending the Castle cannot be held culpable for any casualties of war even though these casualties of war should end up dead.
David wrote:It is recognised that a state of war has been declared by you, let battle commence.
David wrote:i, a man who has a recognised status by natural descent according to the traditions of this land being Baron David of the House of Ward claim indefeasible Right to self-defence, and to protect the House of Ward family Castle and the contents therein but not limited to, and surrounding areas.
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:I'm confused. He claimed he was ordered to "hand over possession to his ex"
viewtopic.php?p=235593#p235593
So he did, back in October. Since then, according to scans of letters written to David by solicitors (of Santander, and of Mrs Ward), a possession order has been made to Santander.
rumpelstilzchen

Ah, I understand now. Thanks for clearing that up.
BHF wrote:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I may be even more confused than usual, but I was under the impression that the baron was more or less gainfully employed until fairly recently, like about the time running up to the divorce, and thus was able to have and make the mortgage, and then it all seems to have fallen apart about in the same time span. Coincidence, I think not. I am coming to believe, as someone previously pointed out, that he had a serious crackup about the same time.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

exiledscouser wrote:Oh dear, eviction is looming

Looks like a full-scale confrontation then, no room here for negotiations or compromise. The press and TV are all invited (some might actually turn up) and maybe Ginger Chris will be there to stream events in real time.
Normally an eviction wouldn't be executed a few days before Christmas. But in this case, perhaps an exception is in order.

The main thing is that the bailiffs go into this with their eyes open, prepared and ready. Baron von Trampbeard will be counting on chasing them away a few times, with one tactic or another. He'll post it all on youtube and make himself out like the new Tom Crawfraud, revelling in the spectacle and hoping to draw the mob in.

What I want for Christmas is a planned, single-visit execution of warrant. Sufficient bailiffs, accompanied by a lawyer from the bank with all the necessary paperwork. Locksmith and shuttering contractors on standby. Police team parked-up round the corner in case breach of the peace becomes an issue, pre-briefed and clear about their powers and duties. Ready to physically remove obstructers, and make arrests. Commanded by a senior officer who has seen the court order and consulted the force's legal dept to satisfy himself that it's valid.

Proper preparation would vastly reduce the number of failed eviction visits, so it's cheaper in the long run. And every failed eviction is paraded on youtube as a triumphant success, leading other desperate people to think it's worth a try. So doing the job right, first time, in a high-profile case would reduce that.

That's all I want for Christmas, Santa. Just to see Trampbeard chucked out on the pavement, in one smooth, calm and firm operation. But on video please, so I can watch it again and again....
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

My guess is that this is his new novel way of "stigginit" to the ex.
Sure it will eventually come back to bite him in the arse, but in the mean time, he's considering it a victory.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:He'll post it all on youtube and make himself out like the new Tom Crawfraud, revelling in the spectacle and hoping to draw the mob in.
I think you are overestimating Trampbeard's support. Until the truth emerged, the Crawfrauds were able to claim they were victims of a corrupt system. With TC portrayed in the media as suffering severe illness on top of his supposed harassment they were able to put themselves across as innocent victims fighting the good fight and drum up the initially large support.

By contrast Trampbeard's approach comes across as willful ignorance and stupidity to anyone with a functional brain.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Firthy2002 wrote:I think you are overestimating Trampbeard's support. Until the truth emerged, the Crawfrauds were able to claim they were victims of a corrupt system.

By contrast Trampbeard's approach comes across as willful ignorance and stupidity to anyone with a functional brain.
I agree. Ward will never rouse a crowd like Tom Crawford did. Crawford is good at expressing his struggle in a way that like-minded people can relate to and get behind. Ward's claims are incoherent and bizarre. He also comes off as condescending. If Ward ever did attract supporters, I think he would quickly alienate them.
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

I also agree, and would go further. I think Tom spoilt the pitch for householders who want mass protesters at evictions. I suspect that now, even a genuine cancer sufferer who was actually being fraudulently evicted by a crooked bank wouldn't get mass support.

David Ward's approach is different. He claims the right to use lethal force against people who have legal authority to be in his house. I hope this is merely bluster on his part.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I think Tom's case was always the exception, and never the rule. Eviction seems to be done only as a last resort, only after lengthy proceedings, and entities are lenient with people who are genuinely having difficulty. Therefore there are few unjust evictions. There was nothing unjust about Tom's case either, but he had a skill for convincing certain people that there was. Though I agree that anyone trying his tactics in the future would find less public sympathy, even from the GOODF crowd.

As for Ward, I think all of his misbehavior is rooted in brain dysfunction. So it is impossible to predict how he would react to anything. But I don't think he has the ability to deliver lethal force, if he wanted to. I also think the local authorities are well aware of him, and will plan any operation accordingly.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

What if you pull out your colt of arms but the other side has a smith and wesson?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4