Baron David Ward

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Baron David Ward

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

The BBC reporter's video is out there if you look for it. Surreal.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

Forsyth wrote: Still in jail now (well, as of June 2016)
He'll never be released.

He was convicted of the premeditated murder of a public official with a firearm and his latest failed attempt to appeal on the bounds of provocation is more than enough evidence for the parole board to conclude he has not accepted the gravity of his crime and, indeed, he still feels that he was the injured party and his actions were justified. There's only two ways he's ever leaving jail... Either as a completely infirm, bedridden and senile man into the custody of a hospital or in a box.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

exiledscouser wrote:Get him locked up for these threats and whilst in custody pile all his junk in the street, tin all the windows and finally have done with the eviction.
Good thinking. And since there already outstanding warrants against the Baron for unpaid fines, the police could just execute those to fulfill this purpose.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

David has been given a notice of eviction for 1 March 2017. He has published that and other documents in the PDF. He threatens physical violence: "They will be met with a man in full body armour and a Base Ball Bat."

David has reported his wife's solicitors and the bank's solicitors to the SRA (Solicitors Regulation Authority), accusing them of fraud and stuff. The SRA said he hadn't showed any evidence so they couldn't do anything. By David's logic, "This makes the authoritative office of the SRA Complicit in the same crime and guilty by default."
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well that didn't take too long consider all the posturing he had going there for a while. Apparently didn't quite scare them off as much as he thought he had.

It is interesting to see his take on what is going on, particularly with having an outside view of what is really going. He really does reside in an unregistered post code. Wonder if Adult services will have to take him in care once he is homeless, won't that be a pretty picture? I wonder if they realize just how far out there he is at this point?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

notorial dissent wrote:Well that didn't take too long consider all the posturing he had going there for a while. Apparently didn't quite scare them off as much as he thought he had.

It is interesting to see his take on what is going on, particularly with having an outside view of what is really going. He really does reside in an unregistered post code. Wonder if Adult services will have to take him in care once he is homeless, won't that be a pretty picture? I wonder if they realize just how far out there he is at this point?
It sounds as though Social Services are seriously concerned for his mental and physical wellbeing, they know exactly what's coming - they'll have seen multiple evictions - as barking as I think this guy is, I just wish he'd see sense. Presumably, Social Services have offered him alternative accommodation but he's too stubborn to accept it.

I can see him sleeping in a shop doorway (wouldn't wish that on anyone) if he doesn't wake up and accept the inevitable.
longdog

Post by longdog »

AndyPandy wrote: I can see him sleeping in a shop doorway (wouldn't wish that on anyone) if he doesn't wake up and accept the inevitable.
I can see the bailiffs turning up with police backup and tazers drawn.
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

longdog wrote:
AndyPandy wrote: I can see him sleeping in a shop doorway (wouldn't wish that on anyone) if he doesn't wake up and accept the inevitable.
I can see the bailiffs turning up with police backup and tazers drawn.
Exactly, and it's what I suspect Social Services see as well.
notorial dissent

AndyPandy wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Well that didn't take too long consider all the posturing he had going there for a while. Apparently didn't quite scare them off as much as he thought he had.

It sounds as though Social Services are seriously concerned for his mental and physical wellbeing, they know exactly what's coming - they'll have seen multiple evictions - as barking as I think this guy is, I just wish he'd see sense. Presumably, Social Services have offered him alternative accommodation but he's too stubborn to accept it.

I can see him sleeping in a shop doorway (wouldn't wish that on anyone) if he doesn't wake up and accept the inevitable.
I pretty much suspect that was the "concern" he saw on their faces when they last visited. They know he is bonkers, and shortly to be homeless, and if past exchanges are any indication, he did not listen to or hear what I am pretty sure they obviously had to have told him, since it wasn't what he wanted to hear, that is part of his pattern as well. I agree that it is sad, but there isn't much to be done about it. I rather suspect that when the bailiffs do come it will be with the appropriate warrants and police presence to make sure that the eviction is carried out and that no one gets hurt. And a taser is a distinct possibility. It won't be a happy experience for Baron Bonkers however.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

But this is all coming down as a result of the Baron's denial syndrome due to him not being able to accept the fact that he is on the losing end of a battle that was never going to go the way he wanted it to go. Much of his position is being driven by fear and denial of the reality he glimpsed long ago when his life started going into the trash can. He has acted like the inveterate gambler on a 24 hour losing binge, by telling himself that if he keeps doubling down he is going to come out all right in the end. I honestly hope that this situation does not end in violence, but there is nothing to say that it won't - it all depends on how desperate the Baron has become.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

The Observer wrote:it all depends on how desperate the Baron has become.
That is the worrisome part. Since he hasn't shown anything like reason or sensibility in memory, that is not promising.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

notorial dissent wrote:... He really does reside in an unregistered post code.
What's one of those? Since the postcode is created or assigned by Royal Mail once an address comes into existence (via application to local authority), I can't see how one can be "unregistered". Apart from anything else most postcodes cover more than one property. Does he mean his current address has never had a postcode assigned?
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Those of you on here who can screen shot, please grab one of Sue Cavanagh's comment on Baron Ward's site before it gets deleted. I've just PMSL!!

"Sue Cavanagh: I don't think it's a good idea to wear a body armour on 1st March, David, when the enforcement officers and police arrive. They'll take one look at you and clamp those handcuffs on before you can say 'Big Unplug'. Think you should wear you best Woodstock split knee bell bottoms, love beads, a cheesecloth shirt and wave a few insense sticks and flowers about rather than a baseball bat. That way you will win the hearts and minds of those onlookers who will feel instant sympathy for the ageing hippy who went down peacefully rather than the deluded, debt ridden scrounger pretending to social services that he has mental health issues. No David, you have to tread carefully with this one. Think about your public image and the glorious prospect of being a martyr in the clink."

https://www.facebook.com/Baron.david.wa ... 2618358831
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

AndyPandy wrote:It sounds as though Social Services are seriously concerned for his mental and physical wellbeing, they know exactly what's coming - they'll have seen multiple evictions - as barking as I think this guy is, I just wish he'd see sense. Presumably, Social Services have offered him alternative accommodation but he's too stubborn to accept it.
Strictly, Social Services can't "offer" him alternative accommodation, they might have tried to find him some. Baron von Looney has probably turned it down or, more likely, not applied for it when it was put on a plate for him. His major issues are twofold - one, he isn't (yet?) crazy enough to be sectioned and held under the Mental Health laws and two, as this is a repossession (foreclosure) he has "intentionally" made himself homeless so there is no obligation for the local authorities to offer him accommodation.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog

Post by longdog »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:...as this is a repossession (foreclosure) he has "intentionally" made himself homeless so there is no obligation for the local authorities to offer him accommodation.
If the reason for the forced sale of the property is the breakdown of a relationship rather than wilful non-payment of the mortgage then he would probably be OK. That said, I doubt if his recent behaviour will have helped his case when it comes to being rehoused.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

He Who Knows wrote:Those of you on here who can screen shot, please grab one of Sue Cavanagh's comment on Baron Ward's site before it gets deleted. I've just PMSL!!
Bones

Post by Bones »

Full body armour ?

Are we talking tactical gear or Knights ? :shrug:

I am hoping it is knights and he rides a horse out of his door and demands a trial by combat :haha:

As for wearing love beads... Will he be able to walk ok wearing them ? Or am I confusing them for another type of beads :thinking:
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

longdog wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:...as this is a repossession (foreclosure) he has "intentionally" made himself homeless so there is no obligation for the local authorities to offer him accommodation.
If the reason for the forced sale of the property is the breakdown of a relationship rather than wilful non-payment of the mortgage then he would probably be OK. That said, I doubt if his recent behaviour will have helped his case when it comes to being rehoused.
that is, if he is to be believe to begin with.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

longdog wrote:If the reason for the forced sale of the property is the breakdown of a relationship rather than wilful non-payment of the mortgage then he would probably be OK.
It's both. The court ordered the house sold to settle the divorce, but BDW refused to move out. He also owed some money which he refused to pay.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

The thing with The Baron is that he is quite wilfully sticking his head in the sand here. He knows things are coming to a head. He knows he's been poking the sleeping lion with a stick with his threats of violence. It's almost as though he wants to provoke a show-down.

There was a possession hearing 25th November last year. The Baron's response? He didn't turn up which led to an inevitable outcome. The warrant or in this case the Order of Possession was issued that day but not executed due to the 'festive' period.

Then on the 1st February he was served a Notice of Eviction, the eviction to take place on the 1st March at 12.00noon - high noon. We know he's seen this document because you can read it at pages 50 and 51 of the 60 page usual regurgitated freeman nonsense usually posted following an event BDW thinks is significant (see Little Fred's link above).

His arch enemy Hamlins sent him a letter accompanying the Order for Possession (dated 7th February at page 52) asking him to remove all his junk possessions prior to noon on the 1st. He must have responded to that letter as there is a further letter from Hamlins dated 16th Feb stating that he is "wrong in law and fact". It concludes;
There is a clear threat of violence in your letter which has been referred to the relevant authorities
That must have been the letter in which The Baron threatens Hamlins with body bags and the promise to 'hunt you down' so expect Plod to be on hand when this finally happens.

Another commenter on his FB page, Becca Green says this, summing up his situation in one well-aimed paragraph;
You are being legally evicted on March 1st. Surely you should focus on your impending homelessness rather than continue to spout the same pseudo legal rubbish which has ultimately resulted in the loss of your home.
Well said Becca.

So, the scene is set, Wednesday next week is the day, it remains to be seen whether we have a Tom C stand-off with hundreds of supporters or a few neighbours waving him farewell, relieved to finally have him out of the street or most worrying of all, a stand-off with The Baron retreating to the inner Bailey of his ancestral abode armed to the teeth, clad in some sort of home-made body armour, the Siege of Slater Street. He is at least 56 years old and hardly in peak physical condition.

There is still time of course for him to avoid this. His share of the surrendered endowment policy would clear perhaps half of the outstanding mortgage and he could re-finance the remainder as there'd be plenty of equity against which any prospective lender could be secured.

I think that what is causing The Baron such a problem is that he hates his (now ex) wife with an unhealthy passion and the thought of her getting a red cent off him post divorce is too much for him to contemplate, hence his entrenched position.

You wouldn't otherwise feck up you life just because of non-payment of parking tickets and local taxes, can it?

My prediction; the Baron will resist eviction 1st March, plods will patiently negotiate for a few hours, bailiffs will eventually go in, he'll assault someone, get arrested and be put before the court next morning as he no longer has a fixed address.