Baron David Ward

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Re: Baron David Ward

Post by grixit »

Misrepresentation is an example of fraud because you *don't* have a contract to act on someone's part.

Liability arises if you use someone else's copyrighted or trademarked work because you *don't* have a contract to do so.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
SteveUK
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by SteveUK »

Whilst we could nitpick BDWs legal advice for an eternity, I find the simplest way is thus - do you now live in a DIY camper van?
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Wow, its like he's trying to relive his glorious victories against Warrington Council.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

TheNewSaint wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 2:37 pm Wow, its like he's trying to relive his glorious victories against Warrington Council.
:beatinghorse:
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

John Uskglass wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:45 pm There's also the question of implied terms in contracts of employment.
And from my days as a union work place rep, your employer can vary the terms of a contract as long as those changes are made known to you by posting those variations and making them available. Within certain safeguards. one's acceptance of an ongoing pay cheque amounts to acceptance of that variation. No further signature, wet or or otherwise, is required.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
longdog

Post by longdog »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 3:47 pm
John Uskglass wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 12:45 pm There's also the question of implied terms in contracts of employment.
And from my days as a union work place rep, your employer can vary the terms of a contract as long as those changes are made known to you by posting those variations and making them available. Within certain safeguards. one's acceptance of an ongoing pay cheque amounts to acceptance of that variation. No further signature, wet or or otherwise, is required.
As I understand it employers can make any changes they like but massive changes, like changing somebody from 9-to-5 shifts to night-shifts would be a fundamental breach conceivably leaving the employer open to legal action. In that example anybody who could not or would not change to night-shifts would have to be treated as being made redundant with all of the notice and redundancy pay that the law provides.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

longdog wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 5:07 pm As I understand it employers can make any changes they like but massive changes, like changing somebody from 9-to-5 shifts to night-shifts would be a fundamental breach conceivably leaving the employer open to legal action.
Yep. And it's what constitutes that substantive change that makes employment law so much fun! It's not all one way. Unwritten established customs and practices can also form part of the implied contract.

Note: In the interests of full disclosure, I am not claiming to be an expert in employment law. I did a work place rep refresher, had a copy of the union work place rep handbook and have been to two employment tribunals.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
John Uskglass

Post by John Uskglass »

Indeed. As a fellow former union rep, I can recall substantial contractual changes made by the employer that were deemed to be accepted by you turning up for work after they came into effect.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

longdog wrote: Sun Jun 03, 2018 11:52 am Predictably the great legal genius goes wrong immediately...
Baron Von Trampbeard wrote:OBLIGATION: There is only one kind of obligation. An obligation is something you have agreed to do.
It takes him 50,000 words to get there, but Ward's screed boils down to the standard "everything is a contract" sovcit argument. Oh, and laws are null and void unless they are personally approved by all 64,000,000 UK citizens.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Baron von Trampbeard cannot have written this anyway. It only has 2 spelling mistakes.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Baron David Ward wrote:OBLIGATION: There is only one kind of obligation. An obligation is something you have agreed to do. It is contract.
Not where I live:
California Civil Code wrote:1427. An obligation is a legal duty, by which a person is bound to do or not to do a certain thing.

(Enacted 1872.)

1428. An obligation arises either from:

One—The contract of the parties; or,

Two—The operation of law. An obligation arising from operation of law may be enforced in the manner provided by law, or by civil action or proceeding.

(Amended by Code Amendments 1873-74, Ch. 612.)

Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
longdog

Post by longdog »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:45 pm
Baron David Ward wrote:OBLIGATION: There is only one kind of obligation. An obligation is something you have agreed to do. It is contract.
Not where I live:
California Civil Code wrote:1427. An obligation is a legal duty, by which a person is bound to do or not to do a certain thing.

(Enacted 1872.)

Two—The operation of law. An obligation arising from operation of law may be enforced in the manner provided by law, or by civil action or proceeding.

You have to remember this a FMOTL of sorts and therefore selecting only the meaning you want for a word and discarding all the others is entirely normal :snicker:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

longdog wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:48 pm
Dr. Caligari wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 6:45 pm
Not where I live:

(Enacted 1872.)

You have to remember this a FMOTL of sorts and therefore selecting only the meaning you want for a word and discarding all the others is entirely normal :snicker:
No, no, no! You must know "or" means optional, and allow you to pick which is actually applicable. The "or" after One, means that two does not have to apply, as long as you have one, one is all that is needed. Don't you know the true power of a Freeman "or" and it isn't to row a boat.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
longdog

Post by longdog »

NYGman wrote: Mon Jun 04, 2018 7:07 pm No, no, no! You must know "or" means optional, and allow you to pick which is actually applicable. The "or" after One, means that two does not have to apply, as long as you have one, one is all that is needed. Don't you know the true power of a Freeman "or" and it isn't to row a boat.
You make it all so clear now... I've been a fool 8)
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Things not going well for ex home owner BDW.
A Day of devastation.

Two and a half years ago, knowing that the gov would steel my house. I took the precautions of removing a 30 year collection of tools. As most know I am an Engineer of multiple disciplines and you can imagine a garage full of tools of every description. Sockets and spanners in a role cab. Plumbing, Electrical. Electronics, Power tools, Welding sets, pedestal drill, Compressor. If you can think of it I had it. An Engineer is not an engineer without his tools.

I hired a Truck at a cost of £600 plus the fuel to do this. To keep my tools safe.

I spent best part of a year sorting my own Truck and haemorrhaging cash in the process to go and get my tools.
Buying more tools to sort the Truck and the Caravan. Tools that I know I have 250 miles away in a lockup garage. You can imagine how much that pissed me off.
Time turns and the big day comes where I can finally go and get my tools. It’s a 500 mile round trip. 10 hrs driving. Two tanks of fuel and this is what you find.

Devastation. The locks have been cut with a grinder, All my tools are gone.
Of course, he has to weave his paranoia into it.
We have to think of the Why. We know the reason why. We are all being screwed over for 85% £Gross by the Gove Bandits and thieves
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Is it possible that he neglected to pay the rent on his lockup and the owners treated it as abandoned?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

He surely couldn't be that stupid. Could he?
longdog

Post by longdog »

SteveUK wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:20 am He surely couldn't be that stupid. Could he?
Rhetorical question?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I would agree with non-payment as the root cause of the missing tools, 2 1/2 years is a long time to store something, and I am guessing he didn't pay for that length of time.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
longdog

Post by longdog »

His tools weren't a 'person' so they had squatter's rights and etcetera.