Baron David Ward

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SteveUK
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Baron David Ward

Post by SteveUK »

longdog wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:26 am
SteveUK wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 10:20 am He surely couldn't be that stupid. Could he?
Rhetorical question?
Of course :mrgreen:
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

Round my way, if people saw you put a load of expensive tools in a lock up and disappear, they'd be gone in 60 seconds...
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Comrade Sharik wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 12:13 pm Round my way, if people saw you put a load of expensive tools in a lock up and disappear, they'd be gone in 60 seconds...
This ^. Not only might he have not been up to date with the rent but the possibility of damage, theft and insurance seem to be outside his thinking. And it's Roll not Role Cabinet.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:12 pm And it's Roll not Role Cabinet.
there's just so much wrong with that whole tale, one doesn't know where to begin
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

I doubt David’s ever really been an engineer as our first and only golden rule of “personal” tools is, never ever, ever, ever even let another person within sight of them.

I’ve not used my tools for a number of years but I still have mine under the bed as I cherish them more then her......

On a more serious note, unfortunate to see the “Baron” can’t see the wood for the trees. How many more people will the FMOTL conspiracy eat up and spit out before they realise it’s a load of old bollox?
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

JimUk1 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:59 pm I doubt David’s ever really been an engineer ....
I think he had a city and guilds certificate for plumbing, and a very basic old IT ticket (qualified to change the fax ribbon). However he often told admirers about his design and management of secure global networks for major banks, so he fully qualifies as a Walter Mitty Engineer.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
longdog

Post by longdog »

JimUk1 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 5:59 pm I doubt David’s ever really been an engineer as our first and only golden rule of “personal” tools is, never ever, ever, ever even let another person within sight of them.
I concur... My tool box still has an old sign in the back from my service engineer days reading 'You touch tools... You die!". There was a set of shitty company owned ones on my workbench for the hobledihoys to 'borrow'.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

So he is or was a software engineer too. What tools are needed for that profession? The Baron never progressed past DOS 3.1 anyway.

BDW was living in Warrington but decamped to a caravan after eviction somewhere in the greater Castleford Metropolitan area (known locally as Cas Vegas - near to the delights of Pontecarlo) yet his beloved tools went unseen and unloved for many years rusting away in some dreary lock-up.

If he’s right and some light-fingered felon has had it away with his Snap-Ons then I have to have some sympathy but why leave them 250 miles away? A lock-up no one goes to for over 2 years with a big fuck off lock on it will attract the wrong sort like piss-heads to a curry.

Knowing the Baron the tools will probably by now have been donated to a museum dealing in 19th century oddities.
longdog

Post by longdog »

exiledscouser wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:38 pm Knowing the Baron the tools will probably by now have been donated to a museum dealing in 19th century oddities.
I have a pair of side-cutters bearing a War Department arrow mark that were personally stolen from His Majesty's Navy by my grandfather some time during WW1 and given to his father before being handed down the generations. I should get them valued really as I have no son to hand them down to and my nephew's not old enough to need side-cutters to cut his toe-nails which has been their sole purpose for four generations.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Chaos wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 1:55 pm there's just so much wrong with that whole tale, one doesn't know where to begin
The most unbelievable part? David Ward needing his tools, which implies an attempt to do actual work.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

And maybe it's all BS and there never were any tools, at least not to the extent he describes. Could just be a sympathy ploy or an excuse to start a begging drive for funds to replace them so he can get back to work.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Burnaby49 wrote: Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:52 pm And maybe it's all BS and there never were any tools, at least not to the extent he describes. Could just be a sympathy ploy or an excuse to start a begging drive for funds to replace them so he can get back to work.
I have to say, that I would tend towards this conclusion myself. Baron Boring has an uncontrollable aversion to telling the truth in even the minutest form.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

This pile of junk doesn't look like tools to me...

The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Best consoling comment on the Baron's FB page comes from Fabia: "Do you still want my worn panties, David darling?"
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

He Who Knows wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 7:17 am This pile of junk doesn't look like tools to me...

Indeed it does not, but then, everything that is not a picture of tools does not look like a picture of tools.

Is this what Mr Ward claimed were his tools? If not what connection does it have to anything relating to Mr. Ward except possibly as a joke.
ArthurWankspittle

Can't see any tools their either. Honda 550? slug? might be worth a couple of hundred, that's about it. Everything else looks like junk.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Maybe he should see if they turn up on the telly.

Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Gregg wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 12:00 pm Maybe he should see if they turn up on the telly.
It'd be the shortest episode ever:

*opens storage unit*
"Jeez, throw all that shit into the dumpster."
ArthurWankspittle

Bike is a CX500. It shouldn't have been on the road for the last 10 years. I'm sticking with it's the only thing in there with any value.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Sat Jul 14, 2018 9:56 am Can't see any tools their either. Honda 550? slug? might be worth a couple of hundred, that's about it. Everything else looks like junk.
1979 CB550. Asking around $4000 here in the States. Cleaned up mind you.