Baron David Ward

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

He Who Knows
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Baron David Ward

Post by He Who Knows »

Baron Ward reckons his truck is insured taxed and MOT'd. I wonder if that's according to his law of parallel universe?
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Looks like a very weird and expensive over done campervan to me. Is it even street legal in the UK?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Can't read the registration from those pictures but looks like a 3.5 ton lorry with a lashed up conversion to provide 'living' space. Certainly street legal and can be driven on a car licence, depending on when he passed his test he may be OK up to 7.5 tons.

Tax and MOT will be an issue though and quite pricey unless he has managed to get it reclassified as a private vehicle rather than as a commercial.
notorial dissent

Footloose52 wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:54 am Can't read the registration from those pictures but looks like a 3.5 ton lorry with a lashed up conversion to provide 'living' space. Certainly street legal and can be driven on a car licence, depending on when he passed his test he may be OK up to 7.5 tons.

Tax and MOT will be an issue though and quite pricey unless he has managed to get it reclassified as a private vehicle rather than as a commercial.
Kind of what I was wondering. Where is he setting the money for all this, I thought he was broke?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Go back in the pictures, truck used to be a race team support vehicle. It will need a load of interior work before it becomes a legal campervan but it could have been down-plated already. (He's tried to obscure the number plate in the picture it shows in.)
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:32 pm Go back in the pictures, truck used to be a race team support vehicle. It will need a load of interior work before it becomes a legal campervan but it could have been down-plated already. (He's tried to obscure the number plate in the picture it shows in.)
OK, it'll have workspace and probably sufficient space for a couple of folk to bed down in sleeping bags but that'll be it unless the Baron has spent a fair bit of time and money on it. If it was used to transport a car (many are) or tow a trailer with the car on it it probably is no longer plated as a commercial but is probably still plated at 3.5 ton.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

If I had tools that I relied on to make a living, the first place they would go is into that truck. just sayin'
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Baron Ward's got to get the insides from Swansea, or summink

The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

i hope that bucket isn't the toilet
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:32 pmGo back in the pictures, truck used to be a race team support vehicle. It will need a load of interior work before it becomes a legal campervan ...
What do you mean by "legal campervan", I mean what facilities would be needed, and what are the implications if they're not there? Just asking out of interest because a very similar van was for sale locally, in that case it was a former horse lorry with horse space at the back and a separate compartment with cooker and stuff but I think no sleeping accommodation.
notorial dissent

At least in my neck of the woods the actual vehicle requires a specific licensing and to be inspected for road worthiness if it has been structurally altered. Different TAX and license and insurance requirements.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

NYGman wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:29 pm i hope that bucket isn't the toilet
No it's 10 litres of cheap emulsion paint.
aesmith wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 4:55 pm
ArthurWankspittle wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:32 pmGo back in the pictures, truck used to be a race team support vehicle. It will need a load of interior work before it becomes a legal campervan ...
What do you mean by "legal campervan", I mean what facilities would be needed, and what are the implications if they're not there? Just asking out of interest because a very similar van was for sale locally, in that case it was a former horse lorry with horse space at the back and a separate compartment with cooker and stuff but I think no sleeping accommodation.
I can't remember exactly but I think it includes sleeping facilities, cooking facilities and something about a sink and water storage. Being a campervan rather than a truck (English - lorry) would probably mean cheaper tax and insurance.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Tevildo
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Tevildo »

ArthurWankspittle wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 7:19 pm I can't remember exactly but I think it includes sleeping facilities, cooking facilities and something about a sink and water storage. Being a campervan rather than a truck (English - lorry) would probably mean cheaper tax and insurance.
Paraphrased slightly from the official definition, a motor caravan must have:
  • an outside door
  • a bed
  • a water storage tank
  • a seating and dining area (not just a table).
  • a cupboard, locker or wardrobe
  • a cooker
  • at least one window
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Tevildo wrote: Tue Jul 24, 2018 8:54 pm
Paraphrased slightly from the official definition, a motor caravan must have:
  • an outside door
  • a bed
  • a water storage tank
  • a seating and dining area (not just a table).
  • a cupboard, locker or wardrobe
  • a cooker
  • at least one window
Well the baronial residence can boast two of those - an outside door and a window
notorial dissent

I would assume that all the mod cons have to be permanently attached. They do here to meet required safety standards. None of which I'm betting is the case with Baron Boring's hovel on wheels.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Having a little rummage around I can't see that he'd gain any benefit from getting the truck reclassified as a Motor Caravan. The only thing would be if it's less than 3050kg unladen weight, in which case it would benefit from car speed limits rather than good vehicle. VED ("road tax") would be much higher as a motor caravan.
morrand

Post by morrand »

aesmith wrote: Wed Jul 25, 2018 10:11 am The only thing would be if it's less than 3050kg unladen weight, in which case it would benefit from car speed limits rather than good vehicle.
I know you meant "goods vehicle," but I get this hilarious idea in mind about the UK having lower speed limits for bad vehicles. Mainly, the image of the Mobile Baronial Estate wheeling down the motorway, shedding bits of the ratty dinette set and broken-down cooker that he's strapped into the thing to qualify it under the rules.

Do we know what kind of racing this ex-"race support vehicle" was supporting? I could see it containing a motorbike or two, and not having to go over 3050 kg.
---
Morrand
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Quick look at some specifications suggests a 7.5T trunk is going to be well over 3050kg unladen.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I'd guess that's a 5 tonne truck. It would almost certainly be close to or over 3.5 tonne unladen but it looks too light to be a 7.5 tonner. I've never really seen the point of 5 tonne trucks as their load carrying ability is minimal and probably not much more than a 3.5 tonne van. I suppose there are some people who need high bulk but low mass carrying abilities but for general use?.... Meh!.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E545q2jAgeQ

I have just come across this old video of those stalwarts D Ward and W Ahmed in their glory days, when wet ink ruled the land.

It's like a rich beef goulash compared to the thin grruel the lunatic fringe has been serrving up lately. Freetard bingo for all. Such fluent gibberish from them, and such enthusiasm.