NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Brexit impact on UK FMOTL

Post by NYGman »

Chaos wrote:
NYGman wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to offend by using a made up word
I'm not offended. Just seeing the word makes me hungry

That's some nice smoke ring there ,now I want BBQ Brisket too.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

NYGman wrote:
Chaos wrote:
NYGman wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to offend by using a made up word
I'm not offended. Just seeing the word makes me hungry

That's some nice smoke ring there ,now I want BBQ Brisket too.
At least you're keeping away from politics.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

NYGman wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to offend by using a made up word, however it is one that seems to have become quite common.
I wasn't offended by your use of it, it's more the media use, it seems to be putting a decision that could seriously impact the UK and our relationship with other friendly nations on a par with Brangelina.
Warning may contain traces of nut
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

PeanutGallery wrote:
NYGman wrote:Sorry, didn't mean to offend by using a made up word, however it is one that seems to have become quite common.
I wasn't offended by your use of it, it's more the media use, it seems to be putting a decision that could seriously impact the UK and our relationship with other friendly nations on a par with Brangelina.
The UK should strive to emulate Brangelina in its relations with the continent. With the assistance of French winemaker Famille Perrin (the producers of Beaucastel - one of the best Châteauneuf du Papes), Pitt and Jolie have produced a fine rosé:

http://miraval-provence.com/en/
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

A mention about alcohol: cue Burnaby.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:A mention about alcohol: cue Burnaby.
I was going to post that if this got past wine into a discussion about beer and posters started commenting on the relative merits of real ale versus tasteless, bland, colourless European lagers I might have to drop the moderator hammer on you all. Depending of course on which way the so-called opinions went. But I decided to wait and see if you pulled yourselves back from that brink voluntarily.

Take that as a moderator warning.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Burnaby49 wrote:Take that as a moderator warning.
Rise of the Ale Nazi.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Lager is not ale, it is a pale excuse for beer, real ale, or cider (even better) is the only way to go.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Footloose52 wrote:Lager is not ale, it is a pale excuse for beer, real ale, or cider (even better) is the only way to go.
I used to take that hard-line position but these days there are well made lagers which can hold their (lack of) head high along side their ale cousins. Yes... Most tap lager in pubs is shite but then most keggery-schmeggery beer is undrinkable shite too.

As for cider I'm afraid me and the apple-juice-of-doom had a parting of the ways some years ago... It makes me go berserk :mrgreen:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Burnaby49 wrote:[/snip] I might have to drop the moderator hammer on you all. Depending of course on which way the so-called opinions went.
That's what I like to see.....an unbiased moderator decision. :lol:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
NYGman wrote:I just find the juxtaposition of wanting to use some of these things the EU has brought in to defend their crazy positions, when many seem to be xenophobic, borderline racist, anti establishment, and likely pro UK exit, to be quite funny.
Absolutely. I think they advocate this because they believe future UK governments will be sympathetic to their Trumpesque views, and with the ECHR pushed aside will be unfettered in carrying them out. Concentration camps for gypsies, bricking-up the channel tunnel, Paul Dacre appointed to govern the BBC, etc.
And everyone gets a free pedophile from the big batch that HM government has been hoarding.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

Many of the usual suspects seem to believe that by registering to vote you are 'contracting' with the government. By way of a complete failure to understand democracy, they seem to believe that voting for anyone (even the losers) binds you to obeying the law, but if you fail to vote for anyone then you are exempt from any and all legislation. It is entertaining to contemplate what this logic would mean for prisoners, who are not eligible to vote, particularly as the government is campaigning to retain this position while the EU is arguing that they should gain the right to vote while in prison.

Those that don't believe this will often fail to register to vote anyway as registering makes it easier for them to be tracked for debt collection purposes.

Whatever the impact of a Brexit on the UK FMOTL, the FMOTL are unlikely to have an impact on a Brexit.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

notorial dissent wrote:...
I keep expecting one of them to claim rights by the Universal Declaration of Freedom by the Mars Colony. So color me a bit cynical.
Do you not recall that PoE already earned an intergalactic award for bank of the year with Weary bank?

The lizards love a trier.