Lawful Rebellion needs 24 Barons

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Lawful Rebellion needs 24 Barons

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Hercule Parrot wrote:The UK FMOTlers claim that back in Ye Olde Days, a "Baron" was simply a person who owned property .....
So, let's see, that's not Ebert, Guy Taylor, Tom Crawford, Craig Crawford, Peter of England, soon to be Jimmy one cell and, IIRC, Haining rents his place too.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Chaos
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Chaos »

Burnaby49 wrote:Fine, fine. Let's open the door to Sacha Baron Cohen too;

and the Baron of Beef in Cambridge (which I've been to);

This isn't going to be too difficult after all. However I'm skeptical that a letter from Borat is going to influence the constabulary much.
if we didn't post jokes, this would be a baron thread.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Burnaby49 wrote:
and the Baron of Beef in Cambridge (which I've been to);

Wow.....The Baron of Beef......I had forgotten about The Baron of Beef. You have just transported me back forty-five years to my Cambridge days. I spent many a night in The Baron of Beef back then....plus The Eagle....plus The Red Cow.....plus The Bun Shop....The Fort St George. ....The Alma........Good times....good times.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Wow.....The Baron of Beef......I had forgotten about The Baron of Beef. You have just transported me back forty-five years to my Cambridge days. I spent many a night in The Baron of Beef back then....plus The Eagle....plus The Red Cow.....plus The Bun Shop....The Fort St George. ....The Alma........Good times....good times.
We were only in Cambridge for one night in 2006 so we didn't get much pubbing done. We went to the Baron of Beef, the Eagle (Watson and Crick connection), Globe Ale House, and the Prince Regent.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
rumpelstilzchen

Only four pubs in one night? I'm truly disappointed in you. Typical flipping amateur.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Only four pubs in one night? I'm truly disappointed in you. Typical flipping amateur.
In 2002 we did fifteen in one afternoon and night in Nottingham. Two days later a dozen in Chester. All a matter of pacing.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

rumpelstilzchen

Burnaby49 wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:Only four pubs in one night? I'm truly disappointed in you. Typical flipping amateur.
In 2002 we did fifteen in one afternoon and night in Nottingham. Two days later a dozen in Chester. All a matter of pacing.
So you're a semi-pro. Still not impressed.
BHF wrote:
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Looks like Burnaby is going to have to drink half of England under the table before he gets any respect.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Burnaby49

Post by Burnaby49 »

Fifteen in one day is even less impressive than rumpelstilzchen makes out. British cask ales are so low in alcohol that the limiting factors are internal volume and flow-through, not inebriation.

rumpelstilzchen

Thinking back to my time spent in Cambridge I remember we used to travel out to a pub in the village of Whittlesford. The Tickell Arms was owned and run by a real live squire. Not an actual baron but a squire with a very impressive name: Squire Kim Joseph Hollick de la Taste Tickell. He certainly was a character. Always dressed in knee breeches and a monocle and did not suffer fools gladly:
http://www.cambridge-camra.org.uk/ale/3 ... cters.html
BHF wrote:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The Observer wrote:Looks like Burnaby is going to have to drink half of England under the table before he gets any respect.
And this would be a challenge to him why?

And now back to our regularly scheduled fantasy.

The ignorance, of English history if nothing else and we won't even go in to the law, involved in this is positively staggering.

It is more than obvious that these imbeciles don't know what a Baron was or what it meant or what their societal standing was, or what the clause in the MC was referring to, and they certainly have no idea of "lawful rebellion" means or meant. All in all THEY AIN'T IT. Most if NOT ALL of the MC would not have referred to or implied them, except possibly as property. Ignorant imbeciles!!!!!
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Sov: Under the provisions of the Magna Carta, i accuse this person of High Treason!

Cop: I will defend my honor at Trial by Combat!
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
longdog

Post by longdog »

JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

Trial by air combat.
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

I've never understood the whole sovcit obsession with the magma carta. Sure, it gave a couple of things to the common man - trial by your peers for example.
However , the other 99.9% was purely to protect the vested interests of a bunch of loaded landlords pissed off with John's appalling innings in France.Exactly the sort of garbage they profess to hate.

There is no mystery or magic to it...
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
longdog

Post by longdog »

SteveUK wrote: There is no mystery or magic to it...
You're forgetting it can't be repealed or changed*... I have it on very good authority from a bunch of kooks on YouToob.

*Even though it clearly has been :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

If only those barons could see the mess they started......
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

SteveUK wrote:I've never understood the whole sovcit obsession with the magma carta. Sure, it gave a couple of things to the common man - trial by your peers for example.
However , the other 99.9% was purely to protect the vested interests of a bunch of loaded landlords pissed off with John's appalling innings in France.Exactly the sort of garbage they profess to hate.

Not to mention that the original MC was invalidated soon after its signing; and if I recall correctly only parts of two provisions -- not #61 -- have any colorable validity today.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

SteveUK wrote:I've never understood the whole sovcit obsession with the magma carta. Sure, it gave a couple of things to the common man - trial by your peers for example.

Aren't ignorance and illiteracy wonderful things? I'm not even sure that trial by jury thing would even have applied to them. I may be wrong, but at the time, at law, unless you were of the nobility or rich merchant class you got pretty short shrift in the law. These sovcit types wouldn't have even been a blip on the radar at the time. The most they might hope for would be a Court Baron, maybe ecclesiastical court or Manorial court, and those were short and sweet. The MC applied mainly/mostly to the nobility and church.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Indeed. For the average punter, they would of got more benefit from it had they used it as toilet paper. Not that they even had a toilet of course.