Losing Your Home, Crawford Style

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

#six
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Losing Your Home, Crawford Style

Post by #six »

AndyPandy wrote:The whole purpose of this 'on the roof' stunt is to 'get the case to the Crown Court' in front of a JURY, without EVER realising that an appeal to the Crown Court from the Magistrates Court is only ever heard by a Judge NEVER a Jury.

He's now hamstrung by the Restraining Order - which if he ever breaches will only ever be dealt with by the Magistrates Court.

He would now have to do something SIGNIFICANTLY stupid to the property at Fearn Chase to get a trial in the Crown Court.
Citizens arrest of a police officer. That would get him his jury trial for kidnapping. But surely he wouldn't be so stupid.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

#six wrote:
AndyPandy wrote:The whole purpose of this 'on the roof' stunt is to 'get the case to the Crown Court' in front of a JURY, without EVER realising that an appeal to the Crown Court from the Magistrates Court is only ever heard by a Judge NEVER a Jury.

He's now hamstrung by the Restraining Order - which if he ever breaches will only ever be dealt with by the Magistrates Court.

He would now have to do something SIGNIFICANTLY stupid to the property at Fearn Chase to get a trial in the Crown Court.
Citizens arrest of a police officer. That would get him his jury trial for kidnapping. But surely he wouldn't be so stupid.
But then that would be nothing to do with the question of ownership of Fearn Chase - he would have to do something significantly stupid to the actual property (something outside the remit of the Restraint Order) to get charged with an offence that would be tried in the Crown Court and ( not a Magistrates ) to get it the question of ownership in front of a Jury.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Just got word that there's a documentary being made about the anti-eviction squads by a mainstream production company in England.

Should be fun.
#six

Post by #six »

AndyPandy wrote:
#six wrote:

But then that would be nothing to do with the question of ownership of Fearn Chase - he would have to do something significantly stupid to the actual property (something outside the remit of the Restraint Order) to get charged with an offence that would be tried in the Crown Court and ( not a Magistrates ) to get it the question of ownership in front of a Jury.
I was thinking if he went to the property and arrested the police who tried to arrest him for breaking the restraining order. In his mind that would be sufficient because if he owns the house how can he have the restraining order. Other than that I guess arson on the property would suffice.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Jeffrey wrote:Just got word that there's a documentary being made about the anti-eviction squads by a mainstream production company in England.

Should be fun.

On last nights edition of " Can't Pay - We'll Take it away " ( Channel 5 UK ) Bailiffs who turned up to a house in Wales to collect a high court debt were suddenly confronted by a group of anti bailiff muppets. They were 100% A Typical. ie a bunch of scummy know it alls with greasy hair and bad teeth saying " the writ is not real" " there is no stamp " " there is no wet signature " " we will find out where you live" " why do you do this job"

The outcome - although the bailiffs left empty handed on the day - the debt was collected in full later.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And then it will only be on the criminal matter before the court, they won't care about or listen to any other claims he is making.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

notorial dissent wrote:And then it will only be on the criminal matter before the court, they won't care about or listen to any other claims he is making.
Agreed. I would also love to know where he got the idea a Jury would be called up for a Crown court appeal, that has got to be one of his crack legal team filling his head with nonsense, the Court should really refuse his application because that will save him some money. He will still have to pay but it will be less than the loss of appeal cost.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Tom is just desperate to get someone, anyone, in any venue, to say he is right. About anything. If he declares its daylight at noon, and someone agrees with him, he'll take that as the starting point for why everything else he is saying falls magically into place which leads to which leads to which means in effect that fact of the matter is I still own the house and all that other stuff was just prelude....

I'm past feeling sorry for stupidity, and personally I'd be happy to see him left with nothing and standing in the street naked save the old drapes wrapped around him when he gets hits by a bus that ran a stop sign. So finally, his last dying breath could finally declare with moral certitude "It was the bus driver's fault!" and for once at least, he'd be right.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Skeleton wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:And then it will only be on the criminal matter before the court, they won't care about or listen to any other claims he is making.
Agreed. I would also love to know where he got the idea a Jury would be called up for a Crown court appeal, that has got to be one of his crack legal team filling his head with nonsense, the Court should really refuse his application because that will save him some money. He will still have to pay but it will be less than the loss of appeal cost.
Well, ya gotta give him a few points, he got it half assed right. If he'd gone to Crown Court on a criminal matter I believe he'd have gotten a jury on the actual trial, but on an appeal nuh uh.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

After he gets a quote for the transcript if he needs it for an appeal, he my decide to have another crack at the roof again. Remember he has a wife and 3 kids he could sacrifice one in his unique game of Crawford chess. And maybe onesie on the roof would course significant damage/repair cost to take it direct to the crown. :haha:
Fearnchase
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Fearnchase »

SoLongCeylon wrote:
Jeffrey wrote:Just got word that there's a documentary being made about the anti-eviction squads by a mainstream production company in England.

Should be fun.

On last nights edition of " Can't Pay - We'll Take it away " ( Channel 5 UK ) Bailiffs who turned up to a house in Wales to collect a high court debt were suddenly confronted by a group of anti bailiff muppets. They were 100% A Typical. ie a bunch of scummy know it alls with greasy hair and bad teeth saying " the writ is not real" " there is no stamp " " there is no wet signature " " we will find out where you live" " why do you do this job"

The outcome - although the bailiffs left empty handed on the day - the debt was collected in full later.
I am just watching this now on catch up and nearly spat my tea out when that scouse idiot started waving his arms around
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

#six wrote:Other than that I guess arson on the property would suffice.
That would be my worry. It's about the only property related offence that would get moved straight to Crown Court and in front of a jury.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Fearnchase wrote:
I am just watching this now on catch up and nearly spat my tea out when that scouse idiot started waving his arms around

It was quite surreal seeing on TV a fresh bunch of freetards spouting the same nonsense as we hear from Taylor, Crawford etc. Just shows they hear something on the internet and want to believe it.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
#six wrote:Other than that I guess arson on the property would suffice.
That would be my worry. It's about the only property related offence that would get moved straight to Crown Court and in front of a jury.
So either Sue's got to be the next one to try for a trial by jury and do some significant damage to the property - she'd need a bigger hole onto the roof anyway :snicker:

Or it's Arson, that's about it, that'd be just about the only thing, he might get 5 years for it, but hey ho, anything to prove it's his property eh? :sarcasmon:
longdog

Post by longdog »

I hope he has the his place well insured against fire before he torches it.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Isn't it still arson, even if you own the place. Insurance fraud, if you made a claim, for sure. So how would arson help. He wouldn't have a house anymore, and would be locked up. I guess it solves hid homeless problem.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I wouldn't put it past Tom to destroy the house on the basis of "if I can't have it, no one can."
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

NYGman wrote:Isn't it still arson, even if you own the place. Insurance fraud, if you made a claim, for sure. So how would arson help. He wouldn't have a house anymore, and would be locked up. I guess it solves hid homeless problem.
Oh yes, but if there's an idiotic thing to do then Tom Crawford's bound to do it.

I suspect his argument would be 'it's my house, I can do what I like with it' and if there's no insurance claim ( I doubt they've carried on paying insurance on a property they no longer own !!) then in his head 'where's the offence'!

Of course there would be 'no house' either at the end of it but it's the principle that matters :sarcasmon:
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Not just insurance - if the property is truly theirs then the Crawfrauds will have had no difficulty stumping up for last and half of this years CT being the pious souls they claim to be.

I do hope the police read this thread from time to time and take note because all that's left now is for Tom or one of his more idiotic followers (in a sea of stiff competition it has to be said) to torch the place, fuck the neighbors - they'll just have to put up with it as Tom gracelessly once said about them.

I'd hate to be right on this one.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

NYGman wrote:So how would arson help.
He'd get moved straight to Crown Court in front of a jury because of the seriousness of the offence. It's the obvious way to get a jury trial.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self