Losing Your Home, Crawford Style

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Re: Losing Your Home, Crawford Style

Post by Forsyth »

Pox wrote:So Tom lied again (what a surprise) -would love to see you both in the same room quoting the stats.
I don't think he strictly lied. I suspect the figure of 120,000 is probably broadly correct for possession orders for both mortgages and rented properties combined, though you may have to include all orders to reach this figure including those that were suspended or otherwise not acted on.

The figure is extremely misleading, however, if it is assumed or implied that it is indicative of the number of people losing their homes as a result of failing to pay a mortgage as this figure would appear to be about a tenth of that given.

It is, unfortunately, very easy for someone to assume that other people's experiences are similar to their own and it would not surprise me to learn that Tom had innocently, if incorrectly, concluded that any possession order must mimic his own sorry affair. It may be that he sought to deliberately mislead people but I am not sure we can be certain of that. Misleading people when you believe what you are saying is true is a regrettable error, but it is not a lie and is something we are all guilty of from time to time. It would seem that much of what Tom says is regrettable, but separating what he knows to be untrue from that which his distorted view of the world leaves him to believe in is, perhaps, an impossible task.

It should be noted that being removed from rented accommodation can be equally traumatic as it is still someone's home, and it is interesting to compare the lack of long term security for tenants in the UK with the situation in countries such as Germany. None of which alters the difference in financial position between renting and owning and the importance of distinguishing between them when combining statistics.

As for debating the figures in person, this is not something I would look to participate in. Such events tend to favour the engaging or sympathetic speaker and not the one frantically Googling government reports :-)

And, of course, my own understanding of the facts could be incorrect as well, as we all have our own biases to interpretation or may simply make mistakes. I am not a lawyer, banker, statistician, or anyone else qualified to give an expert position and my views should be trusted as much as any other broadly anonymous internet voice.
Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SteveUK wrote:Toms at it again.
The two photos are one of the past and one of 2015 which is our own family Eviction or to be more correct we were deprived of our home by thieves, these photos prove that nothing has changed, in fact it is getting worse not only worse it is now an epidemic, the only thing holding them back is the lack of courts in this country to steal your home.
No, Mr Crawfraud. What mainly 'holds them back' is that most people make the contractual repayments (of capital and interest) which they happily agreed to when they borrowed the money. You (and others of your stupid, greedy and dishonest kind) want to cheat that agreement. You want to repudiate the debt you owe, but keep the house which secures it.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Bones

Post by Bones »

So Tom has moved onto the the lose the name rubbish now then...

Well since he has lost his home, lost all the equity, lost his pride, lost his dignity, lost his mind, lost the dog (yep I went there) etc, the only thing he has left to lose is his name.
afateworsethandeath
First Mate
First Mate

Post by afateworsethandeath »

And his hat. Don't forget his hat
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

afateworsethandeath wrote:And his hat. Don't forget his hat
Betty, have you forgotten Betty !!
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

AndyPandy wrote:
afateworsethandeath wrote:And his hat. Don't forget his hat
Betty, have you forgotten Betty !!
He never had Betty - she was always one of us from the start. :whistle:
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Bones wrote:So Tom has moved onto the the lose the name rubbish now then...
Hopefully that will put an end to the stupid "We are all Tom Crawford" slogan.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

I've been wondering, since I'm relatively late to the Crawfraud shenanigans, is there any record of what the current owner of the house thinks about all this tomfoolery? (pun very much intended)
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The Arch-idiot Formerly Known as Tom Crawford

TC Home Loser

Agent Double 0 for Everything

The Unknown So Deluded
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
Bones wrote:So Tom has moved onto the the lose the name rubbish now then...
Hopefully that will put an end to the stupid "We are all Tom Crawford" slogan.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

If you add "a fool" to that graphic you TC covered to a faretheewell.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

SteveUK wrote:Toms at it again.

For figures that the government 'don't want you to know', they did a splendid job compiling them and then publishing them all.
Hi all,
We have new eviction figures for 2015 they are those involving violent evictions and those who just handed their keys over they are 120,000!!!......... This number represents the population size of Watford at 120,895 or the population of Peterborough at just under that figure at 116,570.

These are the numbers the government don’t want the rest of the population to know about, BUT! these are not just individual number these are family’s that have been evicted, so multiply these numbers by the number of people in an average family which is 4 and you get 480,000.
What the hell is Tom talking about!!!!!!!!!!

The man is so desperate to keep the publicity machine going that he will spout out any old figure that comes into his pea like brain.

So lets examine the OFFICIAL figures from the Ministry of Justice (released last month). This shows the OFFICIAL figures from 1999 to 2015 for Mortgage Possessions and Landlord Possessions.

https://www.gov.uk/government/statistic ... march-2016

Document two is the one to read (Statistical Table).

Table 2 is entitled:

Mortgage Possessions Claims that lead to Orders, Warrants, Repossessions in the County Courts in England and Wales.

Year 2015:

Mortgage Possession claims: 19,852

Number of claims leading to orders being made: 10,682

Claims leading to warrants being issued: 3,843

Claims leading to actual possession by bailiff: 2,042

Of the number of claims issued by mortgage companies, 10.2% lead to actual repossession.

Table 5 is entitled:

Landlord Claims that lead to Orders, Warrants, Evictions in the County Courts in England and Wales.

Year 2015:

Landlord Possessions claims for 2015: 153,691

Claims leading to orders being made: 107,638

Claims leading to warrants being issued: 48,904

Claims leading to actual repossession: 31,671

Of the number of claims issued by landlords, 20.6% lead to actual repossession.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Tom moved back in yet ?

after all he won !!1!!!! :sarcasmon:
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Bones wrote:Tom moved back in yet ?

I have it on good authority, based on very reliable intel, Tom will be back home right after the Iraqi Dinar RV.

In all seriousness, it reminds me of somethings my Grand Ma would always say, Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. This goes hand in hand with her other saying that Tomorrow never comes, which she explained to me was because Today is Today, and when you go to sleep waiting for tomorrow, you wake up, it is still Today, and for every Today there is another Tomorrow. I guess she was a bit of a philosopher, but it was words she lived by, and she was no procrastinator.

So in honor of my Mema, if it doesn't happen after the Dinar RV, it will always be Tomorrow.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

Anyone local to the area know how the refurb of 3 Fearn Chase is progressing?
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

NYGman wrote:
Bones wrote:Tom moved back in yet ?

I have it on good authority, based on very reliable intel, Tom will be back home right after the Iraqi Dinar RV.

In all seriousness, it reminds me of somethings my Grand Ma would always say, Never put off until tomorrow what you can do today. This goes hand in hand with her other saying that Tomorrow never comes, which she explained to me was because Today is Today, and when you go to sleep waiting for tomorrow, you wake up, it is still Today, and for every Today there is another Tomorrow. I guess she was a bit of a philosopher, but it was words she lived by, and she was no procrastinator.

So in honor of my Mema, if it doesn't happen after the Dinar RV, it will always be Tomorrow.
My wife and I used to frequent a restaurant near us. In the bar, they had a neon sign that said "Free Beer Tomorrow".
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

We're going to need a fresh link to the godsmark decision. For reasons.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Jeffrey wrote:We're going to need a fresh link to the godsmark decision. For reasons.
My sig updated today - now featuring two locations, for that fresh judgement ring of confidence.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

Two new videos that have surfaced from the July eviction last year. Have only skipped through them myself but they do show how vile and aggressive these people can be. Lee Ravenscroft in particular.
Part 1:https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a5C4dzs8wQQ
Part 2: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FcdOdjVulKE
Favourite quote from part 2 “I don’t have a job I have a mission” :haha:
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

What date was the eviction in July last year, I'm just wondering how long we have to wait for the 'anniversary' and some form of roof climbing spectacle?! :haha: