Jon Witterick stepping down from GOODF

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

daveBeeston
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Jon Witterick stepping down from GOODF

Post by daveBeeston »

I've never has any dealing with Mr.Witterick and i have only visited the GOODF site via links here to see what was going on so i may be well off with this comment but here goes.

This whole leaving and subsequent fundraising to help the site seems to me to be more of a last dash cash grab of someone getting out before it all comes crashing down,i hope im wrong(for those that are donating) as im sure they have genuinely helped a few people since the sites inception although i am also sure they(and others on the site)have hurt far more people with ridiculous advice and promoting obvious scams.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

SoLongCeylon wrote: The inference from John Witterfuck is that GOODF needs the money to pay for a revamp - in order to survive. :haha:
It seems a bit ironic that a website that promotes the idea you don't have to pay for any services is approaching its members cap in hand asking for money to pay for services.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I think I'll go with davebeeston's assessment, it makes more sense than any of the other propositions put forth, and certainly would be in keeping with the best footl traditions.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

An interesting one from Witterick back on the day

http://www.theguardian.com/commentisfre ... es-economy
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

The total conned out of the members has shot up to £1475. After getting just over £600 per day for the first two days, yesterdays total was £130.

These 65,000 registered members of GOODF are an ungrateful bunch - I mean, having been given free resources to save £14.5m they so far have only donated back 0.0001%. It's only the giving that makes you what your are.

My Treasury forecast of the final total has been revised down to £3k.

I blame the poor response on their concerns over Brexit.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I am just wondering how much of the donations have been paid on a credit card? There would be a certain irony in the notion that people might be getting into debt to get out of debt free.
Warning may contain traces of nut
notorial dissent

SoLongCeylon wrote:The total conned out of the members has shot up to £1475. After getting just over £600 per day for the first two days, yesterdays total was £130.

These 65,000 registered members of GOODF are an ungrateful bunch - I mean, having been given free resources to save £14.5m they so far have only donated back 0.0001%. It's only the giving that makes you what your are.

My Treasury forecast of the final total has been revised down to £3k.

I blame the poor response on their concerns over Brexit.
Couldn't just be cheap, or broke, or not really that many of them??????
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

SoLongCeylon wrote: These 65,000 registered members of GOODF are an ungrateful bunch - I mean, having been given free resources to save £14.5m they so far have only donated back 0.0001%. It's only the giving that makes you what your are.
Well, to be fair to them....the website does promise them that they can get out of debt for free. :naughty:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
notorial dissent

Somehow, I don't think that losing your home, being made a bankrupt, going to jail quite qualifies as FREE??????
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Close of play total on Thursday 26th May zooms to £1590. ( days total was £170 ) Total number of people who have donated is 85. This is a crushing lack of support for Goodf from their 65,000 members.

Perhaps many who have tried out some of the nonsense advice given by the goodf have come to learn there is a high price to pay for Getting Out of Debt Free.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

notorial dissent wrote:Somehow, I don't think that losing your home, being made a bankrupt, going to jail quite qualifies as FREE??????
Of course it does! They get a free bed and 3 squares a day in jail. What more could a sovrun/FOTL/GOOF need?
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
notorial dissent

The Observer wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Somehow, I don't think that losing your home, being made a bankrupt, going to jail quite qualifies as FREE??????
Of course it does! They get a free bed and 3 squares a day in jail. What more could a sovrun/FOTL/GOOF need?
Which seems to be the usual outcome.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

£45 came steaming into the crowdfund for 27th May.

Total now £1635.

The changes they can make to the Goodf website with this amount of money will be.....................minimal. ( just like Colon's intellect)
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

SoLongCeylon wrote:This is a crushing lack of support for Goodf from their 65,000 members.
Of the 65000 accounts, a large % are probably banned for unapproved thinking or asking the wrong questions. Another large percent have already lost everything.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

LordEd wrote:
SoLongCeylon wrote:This is a crushing lack of support for Goodf from their 65,000 members.
Of the 65000 accounts, a large % are probably banned for unapproved thinking or asking the wrong questions. Another large percent have already lost everything.
Not even to mention the few like me who only log in for a good laugh. Oh, and there are more than a few who are freelance debt collectors who have found sites like that a very good place to get information that eventually leads to commissions.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

Gregg wrote:
LordEd wrote:
Not even to mention the few like me who only log in for a good laugh. Oh, and there are more than a few who are freelance debt collectors who have found sites like that a very good place to get information that eventually leads to commissions.
Every figure quoted on Goodf is questionable but what is undeniable is the humiliating Crowdfund figure - Saturdays takings was £25 taking the total to £1660.

Come on Witterfuck, do another video ralling the troops, reminding them of what Goodf has done for them and what they could do for Goodf. Set a bold achievment to aim for by the end of the decade. That kind of speach worked for JFK ( until he went on a city break to Dallas.)
GaryBale
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by GaryBale »

Probably only 100 or so active accounts at any one time, I'm surprised they've raised that much. I imagine most visitors download the letter templates or ask for advise with a particular issue then leave. Few people would hang around too long, especially if they ventured into "Latest News" where 25% of the current articles are anti-semitic, and two are homophobic.
notorial dissent

Maybe they've run out of lies to tell the troops, or more likely the gullible with any ready to share.

FWIW, I think the 100 at any one time may be just a bit enthusiastic, there just seem to be a very very small core and a few hangers on that change over time. I don't believe their numbers any more than I believe any given political poll.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

GaryBale wrote:I'm surprised they've raised that much.
Me too. GOODF's entire user base is people who trying to get out of paying money for things. That they raised any amount above zero from that group is a shock.

I have to believe that the donors are people who believe in the overall cause. The kind of people who say things like "this idea is legitimate but the execution is flawed." They want to keep the main center of discussion going, in hopes that it will someday find the magic incantation that will really work. It is their only source of hope. Sad, really.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

The fund has had no donations over the past 24 hours.