Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Unidyne
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Brit SovCits take out billboards

Post by Unidyne »

A British spin in the "strawman" argument:

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36499750
Irony: The Ayn Rand® Institute (ARI) is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization.
Fearnchase
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Re: Brit SovCits take out billboards

Post by Fearnchase »

Does this interpretation of the law have any validity? "Absolutely not. Absolutely none at all," says barrister, law blogger and lecturer Carl Gardner says. "It's a kind of brew of pseudo-legal ideas. It's the equivalent of thinking Harry Potter is science."
The website includes numerous quotes by "Kate of Gaia" as well as articles and videos by her. It links to another website, which gives her full name as Kate Renee Thompson and provides a Canadian email address.
Gardner says legalnamefraud.com's arguments are similar to those of the "Freemen-on-the-Land" movement - a group of individuals who argue they are bound by laws only if they consent to them, often in the hope of escaping debts and criminal charges - and the related "Sovereign Citizen" movement. In 2012 a Canadian judge issued a 192-page judgement dismissing Freemen-style arguments.
Exactly.......
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

From the article:
David Allen Green, the legal commentator and solicitor at Preiskel & Co LLP who blogs as Jack of Kent, says it is "complete tosh" and warns people against relying on it in court.

He adds: "It is nothing about law, and it is not harmless. Taking this daftness seriously can be legally dangerous. If people try to use such things to avoid their legal obligations they can end up with county court judgments or even criminal convictions. You may as well walk into court with a t-shirt saying 'I am an idiot'."
The Dean Clifford defence!
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

"I am an idiot" is the Karl Lentz defence. I don't think Dean has ever advocated saying "I am an idiot" in court, but Karl does.

On the posters, see also the main Kate of Gaia thread, where the posters have been discussed.

Ah, but wait. There is a GOODF theory: "lose the name" is a false-flag project, in reality by TPTB, to persuade people to give up their names. Presumably so TPTB can claim the birthbonds or Swissindo or something for themselves.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

At least the t-shirt would clear up any lingering doubt, not that I imagine there is much.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
rumpelstilzchen

littleFred wrote:"I am an idiot" is the Karl Lentz defence. I don't think Dean has ever advocated saying "I am an idiot" in court, but Karl does.
According to this post that is exactly what Dean did:
viewtopic.php?p=194538#p194538
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Ah, well, could be. Did Dean catch Karl's idiocy, I wonder, or did Karl catch it from Dean? Or maybe there was a patient zero, the common ancestor of in-court idiots.
rumpelstilzchen

littleFred wrote:Ah, well, could be. Did Dean catch Karl's idiocy, I wonder, or did Karl catch it from Dean? Or maybe there was a patient zero, the common ancestor of in-court idiots.
I believe that Dean copied Karl. Both have used it with an equal amount of success.
BHF wrote:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I sent the author an e-mail inviting him to come see Quatloos.com, perhaps if a few others did likewise he might join us.... there is a space at the end of the article inviting comments

http://www.bbc.com/news/magazine-36499750
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent

I am under the impression that Lentz has been doing this particular schtick for a long time and to be quite blunt about it it, Deano isn't bright enough to have come up with it. Speaking of damning with faint praise, the both of them. IIRC Deano started spouting some Lentz drivel about two years or so ago, and we know Deano is a sovcit garbage magpie so I think that pretty well explains it, he'd just moved on to other things. I also seem to recall that the win record for this particular theory is still a resounding O for all, and yet Lentz claims to never lose a case.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Yeah basically Dean's career was crashing, Karl was the hot new thing on the scene and Dean tried his paperwork in court.

Plus you gotta remember Dean tried like 6 different Guru methods while he was in jail pre-trial. This was during his desperate phase.
notorial dissent

Like I said, Deano, at least in my opinion, isn't particularly bright and not at all creative or even remotely original, so he "borrows" from other bright lights of gurudumb, and when their "methods/theories" ultimately and inevitably fail he moves on to the next new bright and shiny and inevitable fail. Certainly has been his MO so far.