WAKEFEST

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: WAKEFEST

Post by NYGman »

Skeleton wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Was it ever actually alive?
As ever Sir a good point. Sadly i think you are correct.
Agreed, Good point, but at least before there was active discussion about the event that was bound to never happen, haven't seen any update, and I am not likely to join their group, but the whole keeping the location a mystery, and trying to sell tickets, just really amuses me, I want to know more
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

Skeleton wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Was it ever actually alive?
As ever Sir a good point. Sadly i think you are correct.
Please, it wasn't even undead, let alone alive.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
longdog

Post by longdog »

NYGman wrote:
Skeleton wrote:...but the whole keeping the location a mystery, and trying to sell tickets, just really amuses me, I want to know more
Call me old fashioned if you will but the first thing I ask when somebody says "Do you want to come to a festival", even before "will there be a bar?", is "where is it?" :shrug:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

A message being sent out by BTBATB admin
Hi
I am writing on behalf of a facebook community

The group is called BTBATB and we work in alternative debt resolution. Formed in 2013 following a mans suicide as bailiffs tried to repossess his home, the group was founded.

We help members reclaim bank charges and PPI, deal with bailiffs, remove collection fee’s and set up affordable payment plans, as well as providing help through online forums and frontline eviction response. None of our members have ever been charged for help or advice We are not for profit, and currently have no official funding streams in place. All our work is voluntary.

We are hosting an event to celebrate our third year of existence. The event is private and members have been invited to apply for a ticket to attend. We are hoping for around 200 - 400 guests for a 2 day event with overnight camping.
A local farmer has been kind enough to offer us the space to host this event, and a number of north-west based companies, celebrities and artists are already supporting the event including Mel Moon, Ryan Gleeson, Euxton Cricket Club and many more.

Our community is currently 50,000+ strong, and our extended community is well over 200,000.

We're contacting prolific and active members of the truth and freedom communities to offer the opportunity to come and talk to 300 - 500 people to talk about their history etc.

We would love to have you attend and maybe give a talk on dealing with the DWP/ATOS etc

Regards
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Pox

Post by Pox »

letissier14 wrote:A message being sent out by BTBATB admin
Hi

The group is called BTBATB and we work in alternative debt resolution. Formed in 2013 following a mans suicide as bailiffs tried to repossess his home, the group was founded.

We help members reclaim bank charges and PPI, deal with bailiffs, remove collection fee’s and set up affordable payment plans, as well as providing help through online forums and frontline eviction response. None of our members have ever been charged for help or advice We are not for profit, and currently have no official funding streams in place. All our work is voluntary.

We are hosting an event to celebrate our third year of existence. The event is private and members have been invited to apply for a ticket to attend. We are hoping for around 200 - 400 guests for a 2 day event with overnight camping.
A local farmer has been kind enough to offer us the space to host this event, and a number of north-west based companies, celebrities and artists are already supporting the event including Mel Moon, Ryan Gleeson, Euxton Cricket Club and many more.

Our community is currently 50,000+ strong, and our extended community is well over 200,000.

We're contacting prolific and active members of the truth and freedom communities to offer the opportunity to come and talk to 300 - 500 people to talk about their history etc.

We would love to have you attend and maybe give a talk on dealing with the DWP/ATOS etc

Regards
Tom Crawford, where are you?

Your public is calling for you.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I wonder if they got health and planning dept approval, or liability ins coverage for whoever they talked in to this. :sarcasmon:
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Hi

and has been helping people in a similar way ever since?
Note: it doesn't say the space is free. Mel Moon and Ryan Gleeson are both comedians. Euxton is Nowheresville, Lancashire.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Tickets now on sale :roll:

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

They bill the event as free but yet are begging g for donations to fund it, me thinks that is Bass Ackwards, should they not secure the funding for the event first, then announce that it is free? The way they are going about this, I fear vendors will be left holding the bag, so to speak, and will be the ones out of pocket, just so this group can throw a birthday party for a layabout antiestablishment group that offer bad advice and harms more people than it helps, absolutely something to celebrate.

Why not just charge a small amount for the tickets and use that to fund the event. Don't they know, there is no such thing as a free lunch.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I think their definition of "free" is considerably different from mine.

Also, no insurance for attendees, or the putative fool letting them use their cow pasture, and almost certainly not approved by the county, who could end up in serious trouble with his local authority I would expect. So in other words, business as usual.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Llwellyn
Pirates Mate
Pirates Mate

Post by Llwellyn »

Ahh I do love 'FREE' events.. it' so free, that if ONLY everyone registered would BUY something they would be able to afford it..

As for anything else.. liabilities etc.. I know that in general here (Canada) if something is held on private property there is no licensing/municipality requirements. . as long as it falls under 'size, structure' guidelines. There are a lot of laws that protect private property/individuals from the liabilities, as long as it is not a result of gross negligence. And with that, many of those who might be attending, really don't know or even understand basics of law, they wouldn't know what to do, what to file, who to file with under any such circumstances.. There is lots of safety, in the sum of stupidity. 'Ignorance is Bliss'

Llwellyn
Guardian and Keeper of the Tor
katiHWB
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by katiHWB »

If they're going to hold this thing on public land then they'll need to get approval/a license from the council at least a month in advance ... If they're serving food/drink (either cooked or things that need to be kept cold) then they may also need to get approval for that from the food standards team at the council.

They'll also be expected to inform the council of their plans to host the (large) event on private land, including risk assessments applications for licenses (food stalls/music etc...)

I can't see them doing that :naughty:

https://www.gov.uk/government/publicati ... ity-events
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams
longdog

Post by longdog »

katiHWB wrote:
They'll also be expected to inform the council of their plans to host the (large) event on private land...
Even if it does happen, which I seriously doubt, I don't think the word 'large' will be appropriate. Three stoners, a handful of gobshites and a scabby dog do not a large festival make.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

I'm now thinking one or more of the acts will pull out when they realise the audience will consist of nutters, spongers, deadbeats, potheads and the odd mongrel dog. Unless the comedians want to try out a completely new act in front of a small audience to see how it might go down*, they will be pulling out. This will have been sold to them as some sort of charity/socially beneficial thing and the moment they find out it is 20 deluded criminals/scammers/sov cit loonies they will be gone.

* e.g. "Hey Philip what did the Spanish priest say to the Iranian gynaecologist?"
and "How ya diddling?"
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

longdog wrote:
katiHWB wrote:
They'll also be expected to inform the council of their plans to host the (large) event on private land...
Even if it does happen, which I seriously doubt, I don't think the word 'large' will be appropriate. Three stoners, a handful of gobshites and a scabby dog do not a large festival make.
But, but, but...... you get to meet the gorgeous Nadine Potter (why's the 'sarcasm on' button never working when you need it !!???)
katiHWB
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by katiHWB »

If they'd been holding it in Stanhope I'd have got some of the 'locals' to go along and see how cr@p it was :snicker:
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams
daveBeeston

Post by daveBeeston »

There is no way they will apply for the required licenses as doing so will incur a fee.

If 200 people do turn up(highly unlikely i know)then i have no doubt that the locals will inform the police due to the noise and concern the filed is being used without permission, this will lead the Police arriving a shutting down the gathering.
It will then be used as propaganda to show that the PTB shut them down to stop the truth from being told, as apose to it being the incompetence and ignorance of the organizers.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I do hope that any vendors who are providing services to this clusterphuck get paid in advance.

With money.

I mean, pounds sterling, Euros, Dollars, even Iraqi Dinar, not Re....
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
bmxninja357

Post by bmxninja357 »

I would have worried had you suggested they get paid with dong. You know how these folks are at "let me pick a definition". Not a forest I wish to see.....

Peace
Ninj
whoever said laughter is the best medicine never had gonorrhea....
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Or they could change the name to "WANKFEST" and only accept dong..... :Axe:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.