WAKEFEST

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: WAKEFEST

Post by notorial dissent »

I think they should rename it Vaporfest, since that appears to be all it is, vapor.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by TheNewSaint »

Since the Stanhope venue has a bar, does this qualify as "can't organize a piss up in a brewery?"
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

letissier14 wrote:oh dear lol

Gosh - how big is this going to be - 100+ chairs!

I guess they'll be lucky to fill 20% of them and even that could be optimistic ...
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

I don't think they'll have much trouble filling the chairs...of course getting them to pay for it without using WeRe cheques or Prom notes and then of course them actually leaving should be of greater concern.

Almost tempted to ask if a prom note would be an acceptable form of payment at the event to open up a line of credit at the bar?
Warning may contain traces of nut
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
longdog

Post by longdog »

The funny thing about that, other than it's tipping off the plod where to find some easy busts, is that they even need to have the conversation in the first place.

I've been a recreational drug user for 35 years (only high-days and holidays and moderation in all things etc etc etc) but I don't need to be told 'not in front of the children' any more than I need to be told not to swear in front of children.

I suspect... Actually I know... A sizeable percentage of 'freemen' are also stoners whose life revolves around weed and pretty much nothing else but advertising when and where you'll be consuming illegals is quite spectacularly dumb.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

As freemen I am assuming they do not consent to the laws that prohibit outdoor consumption of marijuana. However i would think the venue may find it a bit problematic, I would guess they would not look favourably on designated drug use areas on their premises
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I suspect their new "venue" is somebody's backyard:
Unfortunately, Stanhope Agricultural Society have cancelled our booking, leaving us no alternative but to seek a different venue. We have done this, and site visits are scheduled to take place this week, but due to concerns over the protection of the land owner’s privacy we will be releasing specific location details nearer the time.

Due to the change in location, we have cancelled all ticket applications. A rough location of the new venue will be provided after the site visits and, should you still wish to attend, you will need to re-apply. Unfortunately, venue capacity is limited and not everybody who applies will be issued tickets.
Mind you, their original venue capacity was "100+ chairs." If the new location is limited relative to that, it can't be much.

Assuming there's a venue at all. This ticket application nonsense looks like a ham-handed attempt to brush this fiasco under the rug. They go back and forth between saying they can't give specifics (still doing site visits, no location details) while admitting they have specifics (the land owner, the venue capacity). They can't just cancel the event, because freemen can't admit defeat, ever. So they create this byzantine process and hoping everyone loses interest. While still pushing merchandise.
arayder
Banned (Permanently)
Banned (Permanently)

Post by arayder »

TheNewSaint wrote:. . .This ticket application nonsense looks like a ham-handed attempt to brush this fiasco under the rug. They go back and forth between saying they can't give specifics (still doing site visits, no location details) while admitting they have specifics (the land owner, the venue capacity). They can't just cancel the event, because freemen can't admit defeat, ever. So they create this byzantine process and hoping everyone loses interest. While still pushing merchandise.
The simplest ruse would be to claim that trolls and government agents hindered their efforts to get a venue.

I have heard of freemen using excuses for failure to complete simple tasks as ludicrous as opining that the organization or individuals they were working with required that they give them social security numbers and have open, active bank accounts.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

TheNewSaint wrote:I suspect their new "venue" is somebody's backyard:
due to concerns over the protection of the shills and trolls [what we call normal people] calling the land owner’s privacy and letting them know a bunch on anti-establishment freeloaders are actually in charge of this event, who plan to have areas set up for drug use, and hosting them isn't probably a great idea, especially if you expect actual payment, we will be releasing specific location details nearer the time.
FIFY

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

arayder wrote:The simplest ruse would be to claim that trolls and government agents hindered their efforts to get a venue.
They even have a valid pretext for such a claim. They said on June 20 that they had paid a deposit to the Stanhope venue, but the venue cancelled them. They could have easily blamed the failure of the event on that, and said no replacement venue could be procured in such a short time (which would also be plausible).

These being FMOTLs, we can probably guess what their "deposit" entailed, if they really delivered one at all. But their audience would buy that argument.

It would have been no great shame to cancel the event. Even professional events get cancelled sometimes. But these people can never admit defeat or error, even when it's their best option. As with everything else they do, they are turning a manageable setback into an expensive catastrophe. It's hubris, really.
notorial dissent

I think it is quite safe to say that this particular group is spectacularly stupid.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Hmm, before they announced the change of venue, Wankfest was going to be held at a place with lots of drugs available on tap. And they weren't worried about their kids then.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

BTBATB as a rule is inhabited by people who are in need of help, ask for it then receive the standard, send them the 3 letters, are you vulnerable, stick this notice on the door telling them they can't come in, and as an added bonus we can get Chrissy Morris to come sort them out responses. Most thankfully see through the bullshit and leave. Those that ask any questions about the bullshit are instantly shown the door.

They could not fill the local cafe let alone a field, Stanhope may have been looked into via a google search but that's about it. It was never in a month of Sundays actually booked. Anyone who asked any questions about said booking or merchandise sales was instantly banned. One of the organisers even proudly proclaimed they were not under any obligation to answer questions about merchandise etc so would not be.

Quietly swept under the rug? Yes it will be, but only because nasty Nadine amongst others will instantly ban anyone who ask's the wrong questions along with the offending post.

This may have some legs on it yet though. I get the impression one or two of the BTBATB admins are not over keen on the merchandise idea or the instant bans being handed out, could be a bit of blood letting yet to come.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
daveBeeston

Post by daveBeeston »

I wonder if any of them visit this forum, if they do i will quite happily allow them use of one of my venues providing they pay in advance aswell as a security deposit to cover any damage they may cause.
I will even supply security for the event although i should say i have a zero toleration policy when it comes to drugs(as do all my staff)and the security will detain people and call the local plod.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Skeleton wrote: This may have some legs on it yet though. I get the impression one or two of the BTBATB admins are not over keen on the merchandise idea or the instant bans being handed out, could be a bit of blood letting yet to come.
Nadine getting kickbanned would be some sweet irony, she makes Colon look like a pussycat by comparison.

BTBATB responses to anything are pretty memelike. Were I sufficiently inclined I could easily make a BTBATB bingo card.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Is this officially Dead?

Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

NYGman wrote:Is this officially Dead?
It will be shortly, they are busy pulling on heart strings at the moment and blaming anyone else but themselves.

Still selling stickers and T-shirts though should you require one.

Muppet's simple as, who give out the wrong advice and merely at best delay debt. It used to be getting the DCA to send it back to the Council so you could set up a payment plan. Now its just pure nastiness.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
notorial dissent

Was it ever actually alive?
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

notorial dissent wrote:Was it ever actually alive?
As ever Sir a good point. Sadly i think you are correct.