WAKEFEST

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

letissier14
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

WAKEFEST

Post by letissier14 »

BTBAB are organising an annual event called "WAKEFEST"
Wakefest 1 will feature presentations from Rick Simpson, Danny Bamping, Check the Evidence, ca3 and many others.
There will also be live music from a range of artists including Danxia and Rosco McCabe, along with comedy from the one and only Mel Moon and DJ sets into the night.

There will be amongst other attractions, bouncy castles, inflatable slides, some child friendly fairground rides and facepainting for our youngest of supporters.

Refreshments will be available throughout the day from the bar or a number of food outlets around the festival site although these are not controlled by WakeFest and as such, these outlets will be charging in order to cover their costs.

There will also be a community BBQ twice a day where members can get a free burger/hot dog and water.

http://beatthebailiffsandthebanks.co.uk ... 4592546119

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
#six

Re: WAKEFEST

Post by #six »

Free tickets - where do I sign up? I hope too many don't register to attend causing them to over book the venue/parking/stalls/acts/refreshments. That would be such a shame!
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

they'd get better attendance if it was a wake and bake fest. though food supply could be an issue
#six

Post by #six »

I wonder if they may be expecting for some confused attendees.

http://wakefest.org/
Wakefest Arts Festival 2016 AUGUST 19 – 21
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

SnoozeFest more like...
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I saw the post, but my Dyslexia had me adding an N before the K, and dropping the first E. Probably a more apropos name anyway.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Saw it, fortunately I have a prior, likely more entertaining, engagement that weekend.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

NYGman wrote:I saw the post, but my Dyslexia had me adding an N before the K, and dropping the first E. Probably a more apropos name anyway.
Glad I wasn't the only one that read the topic title as WANKFEST :Axe:
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Firthy2002 wrote:Saw it, fortunately I have a prior, likely more entertaining, engagement that weekend.
Finally getting the wisdom teeth pulled?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Gregg wrote:
Firthy2002 wrote:Saw it, fortunately I have a prior, likely more entertaining, engagement that weekend.
Finally getting the wisdom teeth pulled?
Nah the 2 I have left aren't causing me problems.

Down to London for drunkenness and rugby league.
-=Firthy2002=-

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

And that is why I miss London, they have leagues for drunkenness. :haha:
Last edited by Gregg on Thu Jun 16, 2016 3:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: one handed typo corrected
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

It's called Wake Fest because they're commemorating the death of common sense in the participants.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Didnt they try, and fail to do this once before?
Warning may contain traces of nut
Pox

Post by Pox »

PeanutGallery wrote:Didnt they try, and fail to do this once before?

Something like it - 2012 IIRC.

At first the venue was announced as being in Herefordshire somewhere! (have a guess?).

Eventually it got cancelled due to something like unforseen circumstances - maybe because the bailiffs were at the gate?
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

BTBATB actually used to give out reasonable advice to people who were in debt, but it is now infested with Admins who have freely drunk from the cup of woo, have no issues with things such as Benefit fraud, actively encourage publicising Bailiffs personal details etc, and have no problem with any underhand method of avoiding paying a debt. Any criticism or even a question about their methods will result in an instant ban, almost always accompanied with a "well you can fuck off for a start" type post. Their also appears to be some in-fighting going on with Admins leaving and then sniping from outside. It really is a vile group.

I can see this circle jerk Wankfest thing ending in tears. Their are already mutterings questioning why they are selling T-shirts produced by an Admin who owns a T-shirt printing business, despite their assurances its all going toward the weekend, and their has already been one almighty admin rant about lack of support when the idea was first posted in the group. The "Sorry can't make it" posts and their were more than a few, were especially not welcomed.

Like anything these Muppet's touch its bound to fail.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
katiHWB
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by katiHWB »

Looks like they might have a venue - https://www.facebook.com/events/7863748 ... 756343668/
PINNED POST
News Feed

Beat the Bailiffs and the Banks
20 June at 09:00 ·
WakeFest is rapidly moving forward
Our venue is now confirmed as Stanhope Show ground. DL13 2PQ
It has;
Bar (a big one).
Refrigeration.
Power points.
Toilets.
Fresh drinking water.
Staging.
Kiosks.
Barriers.
100+ chairs.
Hard standings
We have several speakers already confirmed and some big name comedians giving their time FOR FREE to come make you giggle.....
CONFIRMED ATTENDEES
Danny Bamping - Confirmed
Chrisy Morris - Confirmed
Rick Simpson - Prerecord
Andrew Johnson - Confirmed
Mel Moon- Confirmed - http://bit.ly/28IdfDX
Ryan Gleeson - Confirmed - http://bit.ly/28IdmgR
Roland Gent - Confirmed - http://bit.ly/28Iddtq
MANY MORE CONFIRMATIONS TO FOLLOW SHORTLY
If you want to attend, and come sit in a field with some beer, some music and some awesome people, visit http://www.btbatb.co.uk/wakefest for more info and to reserve your FREE ticket.
WAKEFEST MERCHANDISE NOW AVAILABLE: http://www.btbatb.co.uk/merchandise
Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so.
Douglas Adams
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Disregarding the subject matter for a moment, this event looks like the most un-fun thing imaginable. All they have to offer is the most basic human amenities (Toilets! Electricity! Fresh drinking water! Chairs!) and a handful of speakers and local entertainers. And there's not even enough of those to fill a two-day program, which probably means Bamping or Chrissy is going to drone on for hours. And you can watch their crap on YouTube for free, without having to drive to a horse field in Stanhope.

And it's doubtful they can deliver even that experience. Their informational link http://www.btbatb.co.uk/wakefest doesn't work; it redirects me to the front page of BTBATB, which makes no reference to the event. None of their "Confirmed" links is actually a confirmation: one of them (Ryan Gleeson) redirects to the comedian's website, which does not include Wakefest in his list of gigs, but says he will be in Blackpool on August 27. Assuming that's still the date of the event - their promotional announcements don't exactly emphasize this. (Admittedly, I don't like to go too far down the rabbit hole, but every communication about an event should include the date/time/location.)

As Skeleton said below, this is a fiasco, and it will end as such. Not just because it promotes bad ideas to broke, paranoid people. But also because the kind of people who would put on such an event are also too cheap/arrogant/thick to hire an event planning professional.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

If it follows in the footsteps of Glastonbury, it can be a soggy wet miserable fiasco, on top of being extraordinarily B O R I N G ! ! ! ! !

Comes to mind that if that crowd has the level of mental deadness necessary to slurp up the endless hours of droning on that their gurus do, and ask for more, either their attention spans, as well as their discrimination circuits, must be wholly lacking, or sitting mindlessly for hours just isn't an issue with them.

I. Just. Don't. See. It.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Even religious groups can put on more entertaining retreats and that's saying something!
-=Firthy2002=-

letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

oh dear lol

Beat the Bailiffs and the Banks‎ to WakeFest 2016
Yesterday at 12:42

Unfortunately, Stanhope Agricultural Society have cancelled our booking, leaving us no alternative but to seek a different venue. We have done this, and site visits are scheduled to take place this week, but due to concerns over the protection of the land owner’s privacy we will be releasing specific location details nearer the time.

Due to the change in location, we have cancelled all ticket applications. A rough location of the new venue will be provided after the site visits and, should you still wish to attend, you will need to re-apply. Unfortunately, venue capacity is limited and not everybody who applies will be issued tickets.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused. We would like to take this opportunity to stress that WakeFest itself is not cancelled and will be going ahead at the new venue.

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions