WAKEFEST

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: WAKEFEST

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Skeleton wrote:He is from Essex, i can't remember exactly which town though. Essex is East of London for those that do not know, your point is still valid though. 4 to 5 hours at tops, most of it is on a Motorway for a start. in fact 4 hours tops and thats allowing for a couple of Maccas stops along the way.
I'll let him off then, given it is a Bank Holiday weekend and the traffic will be awful.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Skeleton
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Skeleton »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Skeleton wrote:He is from Essex, i can't remember exactly which town though. Essex is East of London for those that do not know, your point is still valid though. 4 to 5 hours at tops, most of it is on a Motorway for a start. in fact 4 hours tops and thats allowing for a couple of Maccas stops along the way.
I'll let him off then, given it is a Bank Holiday weekend and the traffic will be awful.
I am not clever enough to post a link but going by the video Carl Cunningham has just posted the "stage" is a trailer off the back of a truck and the audience consists of 5 or 6 tents with some long grass in between. Woodstock it indeed is not.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Skeleton wrote:
ArthurWankspittle wrote:
I am not clever enough to post a link but going by the video Carl Cunningham has just posted the "stage" is a trailer off the back of a truck and the audience consists of 5 or 6 tents with some long grass in between. Woodstock it indeed is not.
For anyone not in the UK, just about the majority of England currently has a severe weather warning for thunder storms and flash floods - so camping in a field hmmmmmm :snicker:
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

I'm not that far away. The heavens have just opened accompanied by rumbling thunder.
Pox

Post by Pox »

AndyPandy wrote:
For anyone not in the UK, just about the majority of England currently has a severe weather warning for thunder storms and flash floods - so camping in a field hmmmmmm :snicker:
They might get wet, but they won't get cold - not with all the hot air being spoken!

On a more charitable note and despite the ethos behind this venture, it must be disheartening and an embarrassment if it is a flop, which would appear to be the case.
For anybody who has ever organised an event for 'strangers' or 'unknowns'/randoms' there is always the nagging doubt that nobody will turn up or just a handful.

(I did it once but never again, even though it was a success - but I would say that, wouldn't I? :D )

All members of these various groups like BTBATB and GOODF (with the odd exception) including the site owners and organisers are takers, not givers and the organisers of this event should recognise this.
Only if there was something for nothing or something in it for themselves would they make the effort to attend - the lure of a bouncy castle and a piss up in a wet field, listening to some idiot with a mic spouting the same old just isn't enough of a carrot.

P.S. This could go either of two ways, or both.
The organisers declare it a MASSIVE win (aka Crawford) or the attendees and artistes sue for Misrepresentation.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

The 'Dunning–Kruger effect' is a cognitive bias in which low-ability individuals suffer from illusory superiority, mistakenly assessing their ability as much higher than it really is. Freetards are a fine example of this with their metacognitive inability to recognize their ineptitude or evaluate their ability accurately. Some will eventually be sectioned under the Mental Health Act, others will be simply arrested. The rest will coexist among a very tolerant public who will hopefully reign in their attention-seeking friends/relatives by not listening, not reacting. They are more to be pitied than mocked.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

But mocking them is SO MUCH fun.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And really, if they are going to exhibit themselves as public spectacle, then they shouldn't expect otherwise.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

Gregg wrote:
letissier14 wrote:Image
It isn't exactly Woodstock, is it?
It certainly isn't.

It's fair to say that it's a disaster. I had a peep on BTBATB a few moments ago and could only count 35 freetards. Perhaps now, they will realise that the 50,000 members mainly consist of nosey employees from bank and credit card companies, police and bailiffs.

PS: Chrisy Morris has not only got a mouth like a sewer, but he's bloody ugly as well.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

I dunno about ugly but that picture makes him look like he has serious mental health issues. I give him credit for truth in advertising anyhow.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

He looks like an escapee from Bedlam.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Hilarious drunken video threat from a senior admin member of btbab from Wakfest

https://www.facebook.com/colin.potter.7 ... 438311684/ :haha: :haha:
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Wakefest turnout was a tad disappointing to say the least :haha:

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

letissier14 wrote:Hilarious drunken video threat from a senior admin member of btbab from Wakfest

https://www.facebook.com/colin.potter.7 ... 438311684/ :haha: :haha:
LOL drunken? More allow me to put this joint down just long enough to try and work out how to shoot a video on my phone. "we didn't get the numbers but it was all about bringing people together" You brought the Admins of BTBATB's together and Chrissy Morris, big deal.

What happened to the promised stage,sound system, BBQ, toilets, etc?
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

letissier14 wrote:Wakefest turnout was a tad disappointing to say the least :haha:

Chrissy Morris in his natural environment IE being a dick. Chrissy it would of worked if you had a crowd behind you and not just Nadine and a few pot smoking mates.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Ha ha, hilarious, reminded me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV-kY9JuqDE

Paul Calf, it was as though he'd attended in person and made that video.

For those outside the UK Paul Calf is an alter-ego of the comedian Steve Coogan, one of many he does.

Calf (and his sister Pauline who he also plays) are meant to be parodies of violent drunken working-class English knob-heads although listening to the Wakefest guy its truly a case of life imitating art.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

exiledscouser wrote:Ha ha, hilarious, reminded me of

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gV-kY9JuqDE

Paul Calf, it was as though he'd attended in person and made that video.

For those outside the UK Paul Calf is an alter-ego of the comedian Steve Coogan, one of many he does.

Calf (and his sister Pauline who he also plays) are meant to be parodies of violent drunken working-class English knob-heads although listening to the Wakefest guy its truly a case of life imitating art.
Scouser never has this forum needed a like button more.... still laughing, and you owe me a keyboard.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

letissier14 wrote:Wakefest turnout was a tad disappointing to say the least :haha:

I'm big enough to admit when I'm wrong. I over estimated the number of freetards as being 35. Change that to 25.
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

[quote="Bungle"][/quote]

Error
TUCO said to me:
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Skeleton wrote: Scouser never has this forum needed a like button more.... still laughing, and you owe me a keyboard.
No problem. Here, have a Scouse one.