Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Re: Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Post by Gregg »

The whole "They changed the mortgage without telling me" argument should be easy to refute. Introduce the original mortgage into evidence, and say "this is the mortgage we're foreclosing, its the original one, is that your signature?" drop the mic and toss the bums out on the street wrapped up in the drapes for shelter.

I'm just about sick of stupid right now.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

On Peter's FB, he posts a flat-earth video that I can't be bothered to watch. It's just another bandwagon to Peter.

But I was amused by Peter's assertion that:
Peter wrote:Gravity is a PUSH phenomenon not a PULL so all your reasoning of gravity is incorrect, and that is the story you have been fed since childhood is it not?
Peter has plenty of supporting (pun intended) evidence, including that sprinting records get broken, and "humans expand - vertically".
exiledscouser
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by exiledscouser »

He's off on one again, flat earth and a fixation with US politics.

Meanwhile none of his posters or clients are querying the lack of the magic WeRe cards, the abject failure of the cheques and LLTs, the none appearance of the promised Re in paper form, the car insurance.

No outlets to spend your wad of phoney made up currency, no "point of no sale" machines to pretend a purchase, nothing.

At the end of the day a hollow man.

What next I wonder.

Just endless regurgitated interweb conspiracy nonsense.
Bones

Post by Bones »

There must still be a hard core of suckers dotted all over the world that still believe in WeRe Bank. I wonder, given that he doesn't have a bank account and keeps changing his address, how he is receiving those monthly £10 membership fees and payments for cards....
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Seriously, £10 per month, per sucker (sorry customer). I assume he doesn't accept payment by Were cheque.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

Peter has never accepted the Re as a valid form of currency for maintaining a WeRe Bank account. He has always argued that payment has to be in pounds sterling, the reasons he has given for this are:

1) During the initial start-up phase funds are needed to get the ball rolling;

and;

2) He is trying to rid the world of toxic fiat currency by taking it out of circulation.

Peter did state that the merchant terminals would be made available for funds in Re but these have yet to be rolled out (expected on the 32nd of Neverember). However no mechanism exists to convert the Re into pounds although Peter happily will convert pounds into re (or at least some of the time, he has been criticised for the administration of the scam by unhappy suckers (unhappy that they didn't get their book of fake cheques and who have yet to find out that the fake cheques don't work).
littleFred wrote:On Peter's FB, he posts a flat-earth video that I can't be bothered to watch. It's just another bandwagon to Peter.

But I was amused by Peter's assertion that:
Peter wrote:Gravity is a PUSH phenomenon not a PULL so all your reasoning of gravity is incorrect, and that is the story you have been fed since childhood is it not?
Peter has plenty of supporting (pun intended) evidence, including that sprinting records get broken, and "humans expand - vertically".
I have been expanding horizontally for years, at least that is what my bastard trousers keep telling me. I think Peter posts these videos to keep the masses linking to him and to keep the suckers babbling about nonsense rather than peering behind the curtain.
Warning may contain traces of nut
guilty

Post by guilty »

PeanutGallery wrote: I think Peter posts these videos to keep the masses linking to him and to keep the suckers babbling about nonsense rather than peering behind the curtain.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I doubt many people are paying the £10 per month at this point. Or even trying to write checks. There haven't been many "success stories" on GOODF. Now that banks and regulators are aware of WeRe Bank, I suspect their checks are being rejected on sight. They can't get help from Peter; anyone who asks is lambasted and their comment is deleted. I wonder if most of his customers have quietly moved on, waiting to be scammed again by the next get-out-of-debt-free guru.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

PoE's suckers customers have shown a propensity and willingness to be scammed so I would suspect that they will now move on to the next greatest thing that comes along, having learned not one thing...... next time it will be different.... next time it will be different...... next time......
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

TheNewSaint wrote:I doubt many people are paying the £10 per month at this point. Or even trying to write checks. There haven't been many "success stories" on GOODF. Now that banks and regulators are aware of WeRe Bank, I suspect their checks are being rejected on sight. They can't get help from Peter; anyone who asks is lambasted and their comment is deleted. I wonder if most of his customers have quietly moved on, waiting to be scammed again by the next get-out-of-debt-free guru.
Quite. And this is the hill Peter has chosen to die on: Flat Earthism.

With no suckers left and no idea how to revive the scam - especially given the outing of his key-fob-card nonsense - he's reduced to rambling and blustering to only a handful of those he hasn't blocked. Of those, he's left with the truly socially inept, tin-foil lunatics and outright morons, and even they are questioning his recent outbursts. The only reason they aren't asking where their cards haven't arrived or why their chequebooks aren't working is because those last suckers were never suckers to begin with - they probably don't have the minimal cash necessary to invest in PoE's scheme and are only there for the conspiracy madness.

We may see a brief resurgence fart in the form of WeRe car insurance or some other nonsense, but it'll be met with silence owing to the blocking of anyone that has had questions in the past.

Peter will carry on descending into the rabbit hole of Conspiracie du Jour. Whether he does it because he's literally insane or in a thin attempt to manipulate idiot freemen is immaterial. There's nobody home, and nor will they return.

Although feeling butthurt about the WeRe Bank thing, they'll disperse to other ridiculous schemes.

Peter will carry on through life embittered at everyone and everything around him for not recognising his 'genius', will never recognise that he's the dictionary definition of a loser and brings his misfortune upon himself, will continue to be confused by very basic concepts and will eventually die angry.

IMHO, as much as I hope I'm wrong for entertainment's sake...

... herein lies the rather anticlimactic end to a billion-post story.

RIP Peter of England's WeRe Bank Scam.
longdog

Post by longdog »

I think I may have found Poe's next big thing in alternative currency.

Fed up with carrying around all of that dreadful toxic fiat currency which is only accepted everywhere?

Fed up with banks, debt collectors and courts unlawfully rejecting your legal tender WeRe cheques?

Fed up with waiting for your key fob WeRe card?

You need new, improved INSTANT NOODLES!!!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37162373
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Zeke, that's a pretty good eulogy for WeRe Bank. As much as I'd like to see Peter rot in jail, I doubt anyone will ever bother prosecuting him. Peter will probably try some other WeRe Bank project, because what else does he have? His cash has got to be running out, especially after he didn't sell enough of those stupid credit cards to pay their printing costs. Eventually his income will disappear completely, and Peter will have nothing to do but get into his rundown van and leave, like Del Boy Trotter after yet another million-dollar scheme fell through.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

TheNewSaint wrote:Zeke, that's a pretty good eulogy for WeRe Bank. As much as I'd like to see Peter rot in jail, I doubt anyone will ever bother prosecuting him. Peter will probably try some other WeRe Bank project, because what else does he have? His cash has got to be running out, especially after he didn't sell enough of those stupid credit cards to pay their printing costs. Eventually his income will disappear completely, and Peter will have nothing to do but get into his rundown van and leave, like Del Boy Trotter after yet another million-dollar scheme fell through.
I'd be very surprised if he's getting any significant income now. By his own admission (ages ago during one of the German seminars) only around 2% of people who originally sent cash for a chequebook carry on paying the £10 a month. I can't envisage anyone new joining the scheme, and it looks like that 2% of everyone who has come before has long since given up the ghost.

What's even more pitiful is that he's so incompetent that he's managed to run a scam into the ground that was actually clinically perfect - literally trading nothing for cash, a healthy supply of gullible suckers, a scheme built on distrust of anyone who points out the flaws, and zero accountability on his side.

What a pathetic, pathetic man you are Peter. And I use the word 'man' in the very loosest sense.

I wish you every misery and financial hardship under the sun, you contemptible leech.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

Oh look, a leaked screenshot from Peter's phone:

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:What's even more pitiful is that he's so incompetent that he's managed to run a scam into the ground that was actually clinically perfect - literally trading nothing for cash, a healthy supply of gullible suckers, a scheme built on distrust of anyone who points out the flaws, and zero accountability on his side.
And, a lack of any clear laws he could be prosecuted for.

Yes, it was a very well constructed scam. But it was a scam that would never last. It was only viable as long as people could write the WeRe checks, and get temporary account credits from entities who weren't yet aware of the scam. Once the checks failed to clear, and the regulatory notices went out, and the check writers started being pursued for the amounts, the game was up. The GOODF crowd continued to believe in the idea of WeRe Bank, but they had given up on writing the checks themselves. (And I think "believing in" vs "acting on" is a key distinction in FMOTL-land, but that's another post.)

Nobody could have kept this alive, but they could made more money from it. How much do think Peter made total on this, £100,000? That's peanuts considering the pool of suckers he had, and the extent to which they wanted to believe in this product.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Oh dear.

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 7483PkrKUk
I sent a LLT note to barclaycard from WeRe Bank, and it seems to have got lost, l had responses from the complaints dept, saying they cannot find it, but what was interesting was they said they do not accept promissory notes. The note l sent was legal lawful tender, it has been set up legally. l seem to be having trouble to get them accepting these notes. Has anybody had any joy from these notes. l noticed mark celon has been to meetings with peter & l know he does support him and knows how these work. I have sent the relevant paperwork to the bank, as l was advised to, but still no joy. Everything peter says, it makes sense, We need to change the system as it is now, it's unfair, We need to start somewhere and this is the way. Thanks
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Yes, it's so unfair. Signing a contract to borrow some money, spending it...then the have the audacity to demand you pay it back!

:violin:
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

And don't forget the WITH INTEREST part.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Let's assume, for argument's sake, that BarclayCard did accept promissory notes. What would that accomplish? You'd still owe them money. It would replace one obligation to pay with a different obligation to pay. Granted, the terms would be far more favorable to the debtor. But these bozos seem to think that promissory notes magically make their debts go away. It's just another form of debt. Morons.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Ah, but you've failed to misquote Denning and also failed to ignore the other 99% of his judgement. They're as good as cash remember- that's where you're going wrong!
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????