Post by TheNewSaint »

You are in a Gestapo Nazi regime, an occupied country
Wow, he actually said that in Germany?
Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Peter the Thief wrote:Your questions are becoming a bit negative. Germany is the only country where people are arrested, taken to court, put in jail for handing out LLTs. That's the kind of shit you are in. You are in a Gestapo Nazi regime, an occupied country, and the technical term is you are really fucked. ... Did they return the LLT? No? In an English, a magistrate has said, if you don't return it, you've accepted it. Ah, you tried to buy something with an LLT? Well, LLTs are for debts, not for buying things.
Oh my goodness, that's the PoE classic blend - improvisational, blaming and dismissive. But now he's cheating stupid greedy Germans, instead of greedy stupid Britons. What fools we were to drive him away with our jeering - this is surely our just desserts.

Peter, if you read this please consider coming back to UK. We had so much fun together, don't let it end this way. There are still hordes of stupid greedy Brits, gathered tidily into various Facebook groups and ripe for fleecing.

Without you they're starting to follow utter idiots like David "Lorfull Reblyion" Robinson. It's tragic, he doesn't scam any money off them and his capacity for withering contempt is minimal. Point the old camper van at Dover, your country needs you.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Fantasyland time.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

littleFred wrote: Oh, yes, another corker: Peter is looking for independent petrol stations that will be happy to offer 20% discounts (as well as accepting payments in Res, of course).
so 100% discount...
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

The first laughable moment comes in the opening minute: "The One World Currency is Coming in 2018-2020", which is largely at odds with the countless predictions he's made in the past suggesting it's going to happen any second now!!! I mean, now! Like, now. Just you wait! It's going to happen any second now! Er... I mean, right about now?

Anyway, I don't know about you cats and kittens, but I bet I'm not the only one who's shamefully happy that Peter of Deutschland is active once again...

littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Peter wrote:From time to time, and idea comes along so revolutionary, so necessary, so needed that it makes mankind draw breath.
Well, it's just a short video in an "advert" style for the cards. Unusually for Peter, it has a smart chromakey graphic background. It isn't on his youtube channel.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

And here's the 'shopkeeper app' in all its glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xDvqfsu6q4
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:And here's the 'shopkeeper app' in all its glory: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-xDvqfsu6q4
This time he added that tech video review flair. The white background, good lighting, and real working NFC, that actually transferred a number. However, I fear this may be convincing enough to convince one or two shopkeepers to install and use, only to find they can't access the funds they have in their account.

Wonder if it is worth finding and installing to see what it does.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Why didn't Peter make a video showing Peter going into an actual shop and purchasing actual items using Peter's own card? Hmmm?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

For these two videos, I suspect Peter has used someone who actually knows how to make videos. The production style is entirely different to his usual "Peter in a country park talking to camera". And perhaps a hidden key-fob is no longer required.

In Peter's previous video, as I mentioned above, Peter now claims that shopkeepers will be able to convert Res into their local "real" currency. If that claim is true, then the Re becomes something like a Bristol Pound, a currency that has a value and can be used.

But the claim is clearly false. Peter says there is a double-discount of 20% each, so the bank has less "real" currency than it needs to pay the shopkeepers.

In fact, it becomes a Ponzi scheme, in that shopkeepers who start to use the system will be largely paid out of funds that later investors/suckers use to charge up their cards. There will never be enough funds to pay all the shopkeepers.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

NYGman wrote: I fear this may be convincing enough to convince one or two shopkeepers to install and use, only to find they can't access the funds they have in their account.
Call me heartless, but that's nature's way of weeding out the weaker specimens. Any trader who agrees to give away stock in return for imaginary payment in an imaginary currency is a fool. To do so when a cursory Google of werebasis reveals obvious scam warnings just compounds that.

The best part of course is that if any shopkeeper is foolish enough to join, they'll be swarmed by weremugs within 24hrs, and their shelves bare within 72hrs. They can then toddle along to Peter the Thief and cash in their accumulated squillions of werecredits, which certainly won't be disappointing for them unless they anticipated real money being involved....
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

The problem with demo videos is that you can't see EVERYTHING that is going on in them. Just because you can't see the fob this time, doesn't mean there isn't one, maybe PoE learned from his first failure, not likely, but anything is possible. I've seen demos of things that never actually worked or were even close to working or even existed in real time for that matter. Amazing the things you can do when the technology doesn't really have to exist.

The other things I see with the current iteration of the scam:
  • First, how much are those magic readers going to cost the punters stupid enough to get involved in this? They aren't cheap, and I'm sure PoE isn't giving them away.

Secondly, just how is he going to pay those merchants? He doesn't have access to any banking functions at this point as he's been identified as a fraud locus. Even if he finds a front man, it won't take long to get shut down.

Thirdly, while I agree that this has all the earmarks and subtle aroma of a ponzi, it has the problem of too small of a pool to really work. If he even gets any merchant sign up to begin with, which is highly doubtful.

Lastly, I doubt seriously that he'll have enough marks biting to give him enough money to even work with, but since it is a foregone conclusion that the merchants will NEVER EVER get a farthign anyway, it is just safer to assume that anything PoE collects will go right in his pocketvault.

I think PoE has pretty well fished out the pool of stupid he was fishing in. Although as dumb as some of these fools are, they'll try again just on the "this time fer shure" theory. Let the games, and the spinning begin.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I note that SDRs are apparently the cash equivalent now. Not LLTs, which were supposed to serve this very purpose. It's all funny money anyway, but this somehow strikes me as relevant.
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

We suffer from a lack of information because there is no single forum where the suckers can report their failures, but it seems to me that Peter has exhausted the LLT route in Germany and Austria. Nobody accepts LLTs (and suckers get into trouble by trying). So Peter now can't sell LLTs.

So he has moved to his next scheme, the cards, dressed up with different magic woo. Nobody accepts these either, but Peter can probably convince some suckers that cards will be accepted some time.

And when that market dries up, he'll rinse and repeat.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

That makes sense, but it amazes me that he can change his tune this quickly and nobody calls him on it. Again, less than 3 months ago he was calling the LLTs equivalent to cash. Now he says they're for debts only, and SDRs are cash, even though SDR has a very specific meaning which isn't that. I get these people are gullible, but PoE isn't even internally consistent.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=hDooSmx-MJw
June 21st 2016- still waiting
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

JimUk1 wrote:still waiting
Please join the queue. I'm still waiting for us to be "blown to the four corners of the earth" :snicker:
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

What about the car insurance he was also offering. How is that working out? :sarcasmon:
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
littleFred

Post by littleFred »

Peter's car "non-insurance" was doomed to instant failure. Any cars on the scheme would quickly appear on "not insured" databases, and owners would be prosecuted. Peter realised this, so never bothered to implement the scheme. There is a big difference between a scheme that doesn't yet work (cards that no shops accept) and one that brings instant trouble (not insuring cars).
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
JimUk1 wrote:still waiting
Please join the queue. I'm still waiting for us to be "blown to the four corners of the earth" :snicker:
4 corners of earth? Is Petey-pie a square earther? :snicker: