Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Post by longdog »

TheNewSaint wrote:
Gregg wrote:Despite being an American, I'm almost positive that one of the things I learned during my stay in England was that your famous government address (aside from the palaces and castles) was #10 Downing Street. I'm sure I walked by and visited it in Whitehall once. But what is this 11 Downing Street, aside from the flat across the street?
Pedantic note: #10 and #11 Downing Street are next to each other. Odd and even numbers being on opposite sides of the street is an American practice.
Really? Every street I've ever lived in has been odd one side and even on the other with the exception of one street which only had houses on one side.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
FatGambit

Post by FatGambit »

Yeah I was going to say that's not exclusive to America.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

As an ex postman of over 10 years, I can reliably inform you that the vast majority of streets in the UK have odd numbers on one side of the street, and even numbers on the other side of the street.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
longdog

Post by longdog »

Hence the expression "668... The next-door neighbour of the beast". :twisted:
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

I'm on a newish development, numbers run in sequence so number 11 is between number 12 and number 14 (no number 13).

When I lived on an older development number 12 was opposite number 11 etc.
longdog

Post by longdog »

Footloose52 wrote:I'm on a newish development, numbers run in sequence so number 11 is between number 12 and number 14 (no number 13).

When I lived on an older development number 12 was opposite number 11 etc.

New developments are usually planned out without room for additional houses whereas back in the day roads were often built piecemeal by different builders over decades and anything other than odd one side and even the other would mean renumbering all of the houses every time they built a new one.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

TheNewSaint wrote:Pedantic note: #10 and #11 Downing Street are next to each other. Odd and even numbers being on opposite sides of the street is an American practice.
I've seen it in UK too, I don't think it's unheard of here.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

So.......I'm working on a customer's machine today. I remove a bolt and what do I see as the logo for the hardware manufacturer on the head of the bolt?

Clearly there isn't anything this clown won't steal.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Excellent find Chaos. The design combines the elements of the letters forming the word Peter. The narcissistic Mr. Smith would have his in joke at his marks' expense.

This bolt seems to be largely shot now. Website down for 'maintenance', off the dial and irregular FB posts, alienated tutonic followers. Only fools and the deluded hang on his coat tails now.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

"Apart from that everything is perfect."
Peter of England: The website is still suffering and is down due to OVH London global server problems. In addition we have a card launch scheduled for today - this is MOST inconvenient. With no website available then I have had to post the most basic of videos on YouTube. i have several others BUT there is no point making them PUBLIC as we have no application form available due to the website being down. Apart from that everythings perfect.
More fabricated reasons why you can't deliver ANYTHING you promise, Peter? Quel surprise.

To his credit though, he HAS been hard at work making a woo machine:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hDooSmx-MJw
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

"Within 21 days we should have these cards and terminals available for all of you"

This raises the question: how much extra is he going to charge for the terminals, and are the marks supposed to do with them? I would have thought it's Peter's duty to get these things into stores, but I have the creeping suspicion that he's going to beseech his suckers to do the donkey work under the guise of ReVolution.

Cue idiots arguing with bemused checkout staff at Aldi on why they need to install this special machine. Oy vey.
guilty

Post by guilty »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:To his credit though, he HAS been hard at work making a woo machine:
I think I spotted the elephant in the room.
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
Fearnchase
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Fearnchase »

guilty wrote:
Zeke_the_Meek wrote:To his credit though, he HAS been hard at work making a woo machine:
I think I spotted the elephant in the room.
Where is the Elephant :o)
guilty

Post by guilty »

Aside from the elephant in the video, here's another elephant that Peter might like to consider:
The Payment Services Regulations 2009
"People who think they know everything are a great annoyance to those of us who do."
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:... how much extra is he going to charge for the terminals, ...
On a currently unavailable page, Peter said terminals are available to retailers for £1 or 0.5Re per day.

PS Can someone teach Peter how to focus his camera?
#six

Post by #six »

littleFred wrote:
Zeke_the_Meek wrote:... how much extra is he going to charge for the terminals, ...
On a currently unavailable page, Peter said terminals are available to retailers for £1 or 0.5Re per day.

Well the great thing about Re is that as it is a unit of universal energy you can earn Re by going about your normal work. So all a retailer need do is sell stuff and the Re will magically appear in their account and then that can pay off the rental of the terminal
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

littleFred wrote:

don't know why he'd need to accept 'toxic' currency when the energy required for just unlocking the door and turning the lights on at a retail establishment has to easily equal .5 re
afateworsethandeath
First Mate
First Mate

Post by afateworsethandeath »

Mmm. Can't see retailers busting a gut to get the terminals in to accept a currency that nobody is using
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

afateworsethandeath wrote:Mmm. Can't see retailers busting a gut to get the terminals in to accept a currency that nobody is using
... and pay for the privilege :roll:
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

The FB comments (whilst they last) are truly hilarious. One poster asks "so what can I pay for?" (with the card).

As he and all the other delusional Weary bankers will discover, sweet F all.

Mr Smith has gone to some lengths to set all this up. He clearly has some organisational skills and access to a certain amount of technical support although the latter will have been most likely sourced by that filthy toxic fiat stuff.

My question is and always has been - why? What will this achieve save another crashing failure? Why put all this time effort and resource into a doomed project?

The guy is beyond my understanding.