Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Post by TheNewSaint »

It's possible I'm reading too much into a machine translation, but I find it interesting that Peter is taking a pseudo-religious angle now:
Have you not begged for help with God?
Your ancestors have liberation from cold, deprivation, hunger and pain of every kind
Prayed, and this request for salvation, it may be said, took a long time to come.
Have not you rebelled because God had left you?
God's mills grind slowly but steadily!
Ultimately freedom has arrived.
Now you have the opportunity to find the right path and the direction to financial freedom and
Security for you, your families and future generations.
They say "God works in mysterious ways" Is not it?
If this is true, he wouldn't be the first financial scammer to target church-goers. That practice goes back as far as Clyde Hood and "Omega."
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

The roll-out begins...

Above is the card now proudly belonging to Gernot Gauper, Peter's main (and these days, pretty much only) supporter on the German FB page.

Note the numbers at the end - the first image PoE uploaded of the card way back when had different 4 digits at the end, namely '0001'. I take this to mean that he's got at least 9,999 of these useless things to flog :snicker:
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

does it come with the magic keyfob?
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:Note the numbers at the end - the first image PoE uploaded of the card way back when had different 4 digits at the end, namely '0001'. I take this to mean that he's got at least 9,999 of these useless things to flog :snicker:
Interesting that he used a 16 digit number starting with a 4, which makes it very "credit card like", but it doesn't use a Luhn algorithm number so it won't look like one to anything used for conventional payments (but they weren't going to work with that anyway).

Obviously it doesn't have to be compatible with the credit card system and Peter hasn't claimed that it would or should, but it's interesting that there doesn't appear to be any reason for it to look like a standard number but Peter has, nevertheless, chosen the same format (four groups of four) and number range as used by existing cards anyway.

It's quite possible that the numbers aren't sequential and may even use a different checksum method. Or they were just created by Peter mashing his keyboards with his hands, which would be just as effective.

The lack of name and expiry date should be enough of an indication that it's not a normal card anyway, but that would have made the cards significantly more expensive to produce.

We all know it's just a skinned/branded generic loyalty card scheme as used by gyms, clubs, small shops and so on; where Peter can apply points Re and, if anyone was daft enough to buy one of the NFC readers, other people could apply or deduct points as well - so long as Peter pays the monthly fees to onliner.cc (unless he went somewhere else eventually, or even just bought the cards and never bothered to set up the account properly, or failed in come other way...)
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:The roll-out begins...

Fantastic. Can't wait to see the greedy, stupid WereMugs trying to use them in the real world.

Standing in front of the ATM : insert-reject insert-reject insert-reject.... "Right then, I'm going to tell Peter that the Jewish Banking Syndicate is robbing me of my birthright as a sovereign Englishman, you're going to be sorry you did this!"

Supermarkets and filling stations : insert-reject swipe-reject proximity-reject... "I demand that you find a way to charge my purchases to this imaginary banking facility, or I'll report you to Lord Denning!"
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Chaos

Post by Chaos »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
Zeke_the_Meek wrote:The roll-out begins...

Fantastic. Can't wait to see the greedy, stupid WereMugs trying to use them in the real world.

Standing in front of the ATM : insert-reject insert-reject insert-reject.... "Right then, I'm going to tell Peter that the Jewish Banking Syndicate is robbing me of my birthright as a sovereign Englishman, you're going to be sorry you did this!"

Supermarkets and filling stations : insert-reject swipe-reject proximity-reject... "I demand that you find a way to charge my purchases to this imaginary banking facility, or I'll report you to Lord Denning!"
Don't know if it's the same in the UK but in the US, that scam card would more than likely be confiscated by the machine.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Well, unless it has a readable properly coded magnetic strip or a chip, both of which would cost more than PoE would be willing to front, I suspect that the cards will be invisible to any reader they come in contact with. At the very best it will come back and say invalid card. They do indeed look like the promo cards I can pick up handfulls of down at my grocery, and they give them away for free.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

notorial dissent wrote:Well, unless it has a readable properly coded magnetic strip or a chip, both of which would cost more than PoE would be willing to front, I suspect that the cards will be invisible to any reader they come in contact with. At the very best it will come back and say invalid card. They do indeed look like the promo cards I can pick up handfulls of down at my grocery, and they give them away for free.
There's definitely no mag strip on these, and I'm also pretty sure that the chip is just a printed on graphic, which I find absolutely hilarious.

The numbers are all the same except for the last four. That's as far as the 'personalisation' goes.

Even if they only cost him ten pence a card - and that's a very conservative estimate since they're embossed - that's still £1,000 Peter has wasted. Also hilarious.

The very minimal response to them so far from our German friends has been "wtf are we supposed to do with that?" though of course there will be a couple that actually try using them in some capacity, and I'd happily spend good money of my own to be a fly on the wall for that.

Here's to hoping a video surfaces of his upcoming roll-out presentation.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

"Because WeRe cheques are worthless, customers' attempts to repay debt with these cheques are not successful and so people face all the risks of late payment, from additional charges to repossession."

The investigation found the bank was right to end the customer's account and followed the correct process.
oh dear....

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala ... es-nz.html

:beatinghorse:
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
TheCoz
Scalawag
Scalawag

Post by TheCoz »

SteveUK wrote:
"Because WeRe cheques are worthless, customers' attempts to repay debt with these cheques are not successful and so people face all the risks of late payment, from additional charges to repossession."

The investigation found the bank was right to end the customer's account and followed the correct process.
oh dear....

http://www.newshub.co.nz/home/new-zeala ... es-nz.html

:beatinghorse:
Now Peter will just claim the system is putting out lies to discourage and the cards will 100% work and they are scared of him. Victory.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

That story is from June of last year. I suspect that was the first and last time anyone wrote a WeRe check in New Zealand.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

In the past 48 hours, Gernot Gauper has changed the Facebook event heralding PoE's second coming multiple times.

First he changed the location, then he changed the date, and now he's changed the title of the event to "Bitcoin Business Für Max Muster" with nary a mention of WeRe Bank.

Assumedly Peter has pulled out, as many WeRe customers probably wish his father had.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Peter the con man talking in Stuttgart

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnmoYM3 ... e=youtu.be
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Good find.

The meat of Peter's talk is in part 2, on the same channel. Below, all expletives are Peter's.

In part 2, at 36 mins: Shopkeepers will be able to convert Res back to their local currency. Gosh, this is the first indication that Res will actually have some value (assuming Peter keeps to his word).

The system is: sucker gives 100 Euros to Peter, which charges his card with 120 Res. Peter puts the 100 Euros in a safe. Sucker goes to a shop, wanting to buy something for 100 Euros. The shopkeeper charges just 80 Res. (That discount is because the shopkeeper doesn't need to pay VAT. Yeah, I'm sure the national tax authority has agreed this.) Shopkeeper can then go to Peter, hand over the 80 Res, and get some Euros from the safe. Peter doesn't say how many Euros. Perhaps 80. But the money is in the safe, so he can always pay shopkeepers.

Sadly, I see a flaw: The sucker has 120 Res credit. He has spent 80, so he can spend another 40. But Peter's safe has only 20 Euros. Oops, WeRe Bank now goes bust: it can't pay all the shopkeepers.

At 42 mins: the card now costs 25 Res. Yes, WeRe is finally accepting its own currency. But all you get is a lousy little card.

The membership fee is currently £55 for 3 months.

Peter is having meeting with businesses to encourage them to accept the cards.

At 40 mins: Question time:

Q: The system doesn't yet work. A: Global warming is caused by an incoming planet. There is also a second sun in our solar system.

Q: I've sent you money, but you didn't send me anything. A: Then we can't have received it. We have reported missing mail to the police.

Q: Banks etc don't accept LLTs. A: There have been problems in Germany and Austria. In America, banks, IRS and utilities do accept them.

Q: [Not interpreted]. A: Your questions are becoming a bit negative. Germany is the only country where people are arrested, taken to court, put in jail for handing out LLTs. That's the kind of shit you are in. You are in a Gestapo Nazi regime, an occupied country, and the technical term is you are really fucked. ... Did they return the LLT? No? In an English, a magistrate has said, if you don't return it, you've accepted it. Ah, you tried to buy something with an LLT? Well, LLTs are for debts, not for buying things.

Q: I used a LLT for 90,000 Euros to buy a car. This went out of my WeRe account. A: LLTs are for debt, not for buying things.

80-90% of LLTs don't work. But the 10-15% of those that have worked, have made a big difference.

Q: If the financial system collapses, and so does the internet, will your system work? A: No, but neither will theirs. We are considering using radio.

Q: If I send LLTs to the government, and they refuse, what do I do? A: Under the Bills of Exchange Act 1882, sections 42-3, well, the Swiss government might say that's UK law. However, that is incorporated into the International Bills of Exchange Act under UCC 3.602. So they are oligated to come to us for the money.
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

littleFred wrote:
Petey:

Q: If I send LLTs to the government, and they refuse, what do I do? A: Under the Bills of Exchange Act 1882, sections 42-3, well, the Swiss government might say that's UK law. However, that is incorporated into the International Bills of Exchange Act under UCC 3.602. So they are oligated to come to us for the money.
:sarcasmon:

Silly me. I keep on forgetting that the Uniform Commercial Code has worldwide legal validity.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

LLTs are for debt, not for buying things.
Hmmm.....you can't buy anything with LLTs. Who created this rule? Let me guess, in fact I have no need to guess, I know the answer......IT WAS PoE! He has intentionally created this rule in order to fool his victims so when they come crying to him complaining that his LLTs do not work he can fob them off. He really is a nasty slippery little conman.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

littleFred wrote: The system is: sucker gives 100 Euros to Peter, which charges his card with 120 Res. Peter puts the 100 Euros in a safe his pocket.
FTFY
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Peter of England wrote:Ah, you tried to buy something with an LLT? Well, LLTs are for debts, not for buying things.
But he just said two months ago:
Your New WeRe Legal & Lawful Tender Notebook - (LLT)
Please find enclosed your WeRe Bank Legal & Lawful Tender Banknotes book, known as (LLT)

The significance of these NEW notes is that the “cheques” are no longer cheques per se! They are now “Legal and Lawful Tender”- no more or less effective than those issued via the Bank of England - a private bank, The Federal Reserve Bank of New York - a private bank, the ECB - a private bank or the Bank for International Settlements, also a private non-regulated bank.

Whether you realize it immediately or not, you are now in possession of “Legal and Lawful Tender” which is money. No more arguments from cashiers, or bank managers, no more arguments with bailiffs, Enforcement Officers, Parking Wardens, Police fines, HMRC, IRS, Property Taxes, Poll or Council Tax, Loans Credit Card bills, Vehicle loans etc.

The significance of this should not be lost on anyone.
Well, clearly it was lost on one person.
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

littleFred wrote:(That discount is because the shopkeeper doesn't need to pay VAT. Yeah, I'm sure the national tax authority has agreed this.)
... and assumes that they're in a country that has VAT, that the rate of VAT is 25% and that VAT applies to the purchase.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Forsyth wrote:... and assumes that they're in a country that has VAT, that the rate of VAT is 25% and that VAT applies to the purchase.
Peter didn't call it VAT, but something I've now forgotten, which I think is the German equivalent of VAT.

Oh, yes, another corker: Peter is looking for independent petrol stations that will be happy to offer 20% discounts (as well as accepting payments in Res, of course).
rumpelstilzchen wrote:He really is a nasty slippery little conman.
Agreed. I only skipped through the first video because it seemed to be the same old guff about why his system should work.

The detail of how the system will work, when Peter finds any sucker shopkeepers, is slightly interesting. And Peter draws in this audience gently: he won't "allow" them to charge up their cards with more than about 50 Euros initially. But after a year or so, they can go up to their 148,000 prom note.

Peter admits there are currently problems, but blames them on the suckers for not obeying his instructions, and the government for being Nazis, and the banks for being Zionist. Never does he admit the inescapable facts: no-one is obliged to accept his LLTs or his cards, and he would never redeem them in real money, and anyone who gives him real money is a sucker.