Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

mufc1959
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Post by mufc1959 »

NOACROSS, he's apparently ex-Army and says he has a law degree. He's been into the FOTL nuttery for quite a few years, but WeRe Bank has raised his profile. He's a legend in his own lunchtime.

Anyway, for those of you waiting for your WeRe Bank cards - today's the day!!

NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Should that read, never too materialize like so much else promised?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
longdog

Post by longdog »

NOACROSS wrote:I still laugh every time I read 'Peter of England'!
Apologies if I'm going over old ground you've covered before, but was he always a nutter or is it a recent thing? When/what started all this 'of England' strangeness? Does he come from a professional background?

He seems (at least at first glance) to be fairly eloquent no? None of it makes any sense, but I guess his angle is to use big words in the hope of him not being called out- as he appeals to the less-educated or easily lead? (patronism not intended)
Prior to his foray into banking Poe was holding himself out as a 'common law' lawyer offering spectacularly bad advice...

http://www.freemanlegalservices.com/index.html
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Pox

Post by Pox »

mufc1959 wrote:NOACROSS, he's apparently ex-Army and says he has a law degree.]
Have we ever ascertained that either of the above are true?
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

Pox wrote:
mufc1959 wrote:NOACROSS, he's apparently ex-Army and says he has a law degree.]
Have we ever ascertained that either of the above are true?
Aside from the fact that in general he's a weasel lubed up with KY jelly on an icy morning, there's nothing to suggest this specific claim isn't true. But there's othing backing it up, either.

He comes the closest he's ever done to giving specifics in the first few minutes of this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K6x2RdLJ01g

I personally don't doubt that he did a short spell in a non-combat capacity for the Royal Signals. That would be a very obscure lie to tell and he's (thankfully) never leant on it as part of his narrative, but at the same time I find it hilarious that Peter was part of a corps whose speciality is telecoms and infrastructure.

As for the law degree, has he ever said he qualified? I'm pretty sure I've only heard vague reference to having attended uni.

Don't know if the Royal Signals thing is new knowledge or not, maybe some military savvy friend here can look it up. Circa early eighties by the sound of it.
Seelenblut
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Seelenblut »

On the German WeRe forum a member - with the ironic nick "Cashprofi" - expressed the helpless anger (isn't that one of the five stages of grieve) that some disappointed former fans feel right now ...
Let me give you my view today!

I feel like I was played for a fool and it is quite possible that tomorrow someone knocks on our doors and asks for money [in the context of the thread this is a comment about the promissory notes held by Peter]. I wrote to Karin and asked for my money back, based on the fact that the WeRe bank, contrary to what we were told, isn't acknowledged by a single bank. The LLT's are not even good enough to plaster your walls with them. On the contrary, the current system has reacted like it was to be expected, with all the severity of "fake laws" and despotism!

There is no use in asking, with the best of intentions, for PoE's help, his line of "help yourself" can backfire badly. I am so livid, I would love to hang the bastard by his balls! Maybe I rethink that and only put nails under his toe and finger nails to knock the nonsense out of him. That he did things like letting some/all stand in the rain (see the posts here) can't be denied, and nobody is helped with esoteric ravings and "i love you all" blabber!

I wrote to Karin, sadly my English isn't the best, but the answer allows only one conclusion: Our money is gone and nothing works and if it gets really bad we might have to pay the amount on the PN too.
Very few still defend Peter - amazingly the guy that got sentenced because of WeRe check use (see earlier posts) is still one of them. His appeal (set at late July right now, he still updates - WeRe members have so far donated about 300 Euro to his defense) should be fun.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:As for the law degree, has he ever said he qualified? I'm pretty sure I've only heard vague reference to having attended uni.
He has said he gained a law degree from Liverpool. He has never (as far as I know) said he qualified as a solicitor or barrister or anything else.

I have no particular reason to believe or disbelieve his claim to a degree.

Peter is nearly 60, so a degree (if we believe him) would be nearly 40 years ago. He has either forgotten the principles of law he learnt then, or he knowingly lies about them.
Bones

Post by Bones »

http://freemanlegal.blogspot.co.uk/2013 ... chive.html
Peter Fraud of England wrote:The next part of the saga entailed me having to find a job and work from the camping car in the Cambridge area throughout October and into November. I served on tables as a waiter/server at Cambridge University and then got a job as a cleaner of National Express coaches, at of all places, Stanstead Airport. This was particularly difficult as the weather was becoming cold and Karin and me had very difficult times finding a place to park where we wouldn't be disturbed by police and the ever vigilant, nosy and downright "Neighbourhood Watch" peoples' police. The shift pattern was 12 hours per day 4 days on 4 off. The rate £6.75.
He went to Cambridge University :snicker:
Fearnchase
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Fearnchase »

Brampton House Business centre have just confirmed that Were Bank no longer reside at Were Bank, that went well.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Well that lasted long :haha:
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Fearnchase
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Fearnchase »

letissier14 wrote:Well that lasted long :haha:
I wonder what excuse Peter will come up with now and who he will blame
Fearnchase
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Fearnchase »

Peter has now also got his cards! to con more people

https://www.facebook.com/43704917970076 ... =3&theater
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

Fearnchase wrote:Brampton House Business centre have just confirmed that Were Bank no longer reside at Were Bank, that went well.
Kinda make this little FB exchange even more hilarious:
Hello Peter,
I need to know what the correct mailing address for WeRe Bank is because I received a change for the address one month and then a different change of address another month. Which one is correct?

Peter: All of them!
Peter of Simple Question Evasion.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

Fearnchase wrote:Peter has now also got his cards! to con more people

https://www.facebook.com/43704917970076 ... =3&theater
Tom Boyce: What was the video with a disk in your hand?

Peter Of England: There was no video with a disk in my hand - never, ever!!

Oh, Peter. You utter twatcushion. You're like a child denying they ate all the nutella even though you've got chocolate all over your face.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

Interesting that the stupid JPEG of a gold bar isn't on the final cards. Also, I expected him to at least have an actual chip on them, but that's clearly just an image. What's the point of that?

These things look even less convincing that I expected, and that's saying a lot.
Bones

Post by Bones »

These cards are very different to the one in his video - There is not an account number, sortcode etc, look more like a membership card than a bank card.

Peter insists

Yet as we already know from Peter's video, the app shows the persons name and date of birth

Bones

Post by Bones »

Old card (which were actual printed business cards)

New card

Bones

Post by Bones »

£290 for 1000 cards... he is selling them at £12 each....

https://www.madebyoomph.co.uk/cards
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Okay, so anyone who works in banking knows that the first six digits on a card are the IIN - Issuer Identifier Number. Each card issuer is allocated its own IIN.

Here's two of Petey's cards, front and back. They appear to have the IIN 450081.

I just checked on the database at work and 450081 is in fact, the IIN allocated to Visa operating in Ecuador, specifically Visa Gold cards. (Just confirmed it on the public database here - https://www.binlist.net/)

Is there anyone who speaks Spanish who might be inclined to contact Visa in Ecuador and inform them that someone in England is issuing what purport to be payment cards using the same IIN as theirs?

http://visa.com.ec/?country=ec&ep=v_gg_new

Edited: According to this list, 4500 is the IIN for CIBC (Canadian Imperial Bank of Commerce).

https://www.bindb.com/bin-list.html
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

who wants to bet that they are have teh often used, and secure method of sequential numbering order, with the next card being 0002, etc.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.