Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Arthur Rubin
Tupa-O-Quatloosia

Re: Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Post by Arthur Rubin »

Zeke_the_Meek wrote:Essentially, feel free to punch Peter in the face. He's not a person and therefore unprotected by the law.
Wouldn't that make him an animal and still subject to protection under animal cruelty laws? :whistle:
Arthur Rubin, unemployed tax preparer and aerospace engineer
ImageJoin the Blue Ribbon Online Free Speech Campaign!

Butterflies are free. T-shirts are $19.95 $24.95 $29.95
Hercule Parrot
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Peter Of England - I'm a non resident, non-person alien, non citizen, non subject. I have also invoked my authority as a Sovereign being under Article 6 of the UDHR to be recognised as a "non person!"
Article 6.
Everyone has the right to recognition everywhere as a person before the law.

http://www.un.org/en/universal-declarat ... an-rights/

Doesn't mention any right to non-recognition, or recognition as a non-person. Nor does it require any sovereign authority (which is fortunate, as Cheatin' Pete hasn't got any of that).
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

It's the basic freedman "I can opt out of laws" magic hat crap. But that's a not hard sell to anyone who would swallow Yalta Bite Size.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Another were win !!!1!! From his Facebook page

Peter, I called and asked for your help yesterday whilst appearing in Manchester Mags court, I payed my Council Tax with a were chq, they eventually after having it for six months returned it to me, and yesterday I was so terrified in court, I confirmed my details and they did exactly what you said they would do (stand up/sit down) and the magistrate said you sent a chq, which could never be cashed or transferred to the council, I explained to him about special presentation and how Barclays refused to do it as it wasn't recognised by uk banking clearing, they adjusted and returned and said I now have a 3 month prison sentence suspended until I pay the whole £5800 back to the council at £350 per month!!! I asked for the amount to be reduced and he said no! He also referred it to me stealing from those who do pay for CT, I have £60-80 per month to spare, I cannot afford £350 pm like they set it .
What can I do?
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

SteveUK wrote:Another were win !!!1!! From his Facebook page

Peter, I called and asked for your help yesterday whilst appearing in Manchester Mags court, I payed my Council Tax with a were chq, they eventually after having it for six months returned it to me, and yesterday I was so terrified in court, I confirmed my details and they did exactly what you said they would do (stand up/sit down) and the magistrate said you sent a chq, which could never be cashed or transferred to the council, I explained to him about special presentation and how Barclays refused to do it as it wasn't recognised by uk banking clearing, they adjusted and returned and said I now have a 3 month prison sentence suspended until I pay the whole £5800 back to the council at £350 per month!!! I asked for the amount to be reduced and he said no! He also referred it to me stealing from those who do pay for CT, I have £60-80 per month to spare, I cannot afford £350 pm like they set it .
What can I do?
OUCH. Looks like the first prison sentence handed to a WeRe sucker, unless he/she takes out a fairly hefty loan (which is probably impossible given their current situation.)

Only has £60-£80 per month, wastes half of it on a dud chequebook. Well done, dipshit.
What can I do?
Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect 200 Re.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

Paul Doyle: Peter, do you trust Julian Assange?
Peter Of England: Absolutely!
Peter Of England: No videos - No friends. No reviews. No timeline. Hmmm!
So even just asking a simple question gets you investigated by PoE. Christ, how paranoid IS this guy?

And Peter, ya dingbat, the reason he's using a sock account is probably because you've banned his main one for some other trivial reason.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Hmm - Peter was quick to remove my quoted friend and his council tax woes.

So, for prosperity's sake

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Instead of helping, Peter suppresses the question. Gosh, what a surprise.
Garyk Martin wrote:What can I do?
Pay up. Or, if you prefer, go to jail and then pay up.

I suppose £5800 is 4 or 5 years of "wilful refusal or culpable neglect". The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 s47:
If (and only if) the court is of the opinion that his failure is due to his wilful refusal or culpable neglect it may if it thinks fit [...] fix a term of imprisonment and postpone the issue of the warrant until such time and on such conditions (if any) as the court thinks just.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

SteveUK wrote:Hmm - Peter was quick to remove my quoted friend and his council tax woes.

So, for prosperity's sake

What a God awful mess !!
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

littleFred wrote:I suppose £5800 is 4 or 5 years of "wilful refusal or culpable neglect". The Council Tax (Administration and Enforcement) Regulations 1992 s47:
If (and only if) the court is of the opinion that his failure is due to his wilful refusal or culpable neglect it may if it thinks fit [...] fix a term of imprisonment and postpone the issue of the warrant until such time and on such conditions (if any) as the court thinks just.
I wonder if the WeRe check, and his attempts to justify writing it, were a factor in qualifying this poor sap for "willful refusal or culpable neglect" and thus jail time. If so, that should send a very scary message to anyone who wrote a WeRe Bank check. It won't, but it should.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

I am very surprised Pete has made it this far without repercussions.

I have been reading this forum for a while, and am very surprised the Germans have taken to him, I've always found them very logical thinkers; I worked in Frankfurt for a longtime.

Since the brexit vote it has pretty much cemented, in my mind anyway, that people simple do not trust the government or any institution experts and thus turn to the internets most ludicrous gurus.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

Welcome, JimUk1. Great phrase, "luscious gurus".
TheNewSaint wrote:I wonder if the WeRe check, and his attempts to justify writing it, were a factor in qualifying this poor sap for "willful refusal or culpable neglect" and thus jail time.
To the extent that it deceives suckers, yes, I think it is. If a sucker thinks WeRe is a way to get out of paying £1000 per year, and spends the cash saved so they can't then afford to buy themselves out of jail, I think it's a major factor.
Jeffrey

Post by Jeffrey »

Garyk wrote:He also referred to it as stealing from those who do pay council tax
I love that he's shocked to have heard the judge say this. Yes Garyk, the reasoning behind jail time for non-payment of tax is that by continuing to receive benefits paid for by taxes while refusing to pay taxes yourself, you're effectively stealing from those who do pay taxes. Everyone else now has to pay slightly more in taxes because you tried to cheat the system.

No different than splitting the check at dinner. If you put zero dollars into the pot, everyone else has to put more money to cover you.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

What can I do?
Just in case anyone was wondering £5800 is over 2 years CT of the biggest and most expensive houses in Manchester and about 6 years worth of the cheapest. This person has likely been avoiding paying for 3-4 years. No wonder he is in the "wilful refusal or culpable neglect" category.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
FN75
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by FN75 »

I'd have thought that £60-80 a month 'spare' would actually be the council tax! I think mine's £75.
Footloose52

Post by Footloose52 »

Mines nearer £140, my mothers is £160 or so.
Kay Powell
Swabby
Swabby

Post by Kay Powell »

Footloose52 wrote:Mines nearer £140, my mothers is £160 or so.
It depends where you live, your council tax band and whether you live on your own. Mine is only just over £60 per month.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Just in case anyone was wondering £5800 is over 2 years CT of the biggest and most expensive houses in Manchester and about 6 years worth of the cheapest.
Is it possible that £5800 includes interest, late fees, fines, etc.?
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Go directly to jail.
Since this is the UK forum, wouldn't that be "gaol"?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

TheNewSaint wrote: Is it possible that £5800 includes interest, late fees, fines, etc.?
Probably. Regardless of how it breaks down, how on earth do you even get to that level of council tax debt? I missed one payment once due to a direct debit mix up, and they made it sound like they were going to nuke the house if I didn't rectify it right there and then.

Regardless, Peter has some winning advice for our man:
If they kept it then they ACCEPTED IT did they not? Where's the wriggle room there? If you give £100 note to your mechanic and he doesn't return it to you what does that say?
False equivocation, because you're comparing real cash with a useless piece of paper. And regardless of how long they kept the piece of paper, they did NOT accept it, and neither did the judge.

Irrelevant anyway; he won't get another chance to argue the veracity of the cheque. It's pay time.