Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

SteveUK
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Peter of England and WeaRe not a Bank

Post by SteveUK »

There's an Ozzie asked him to visit in his Facebook page. Peter kind of accepts, the guy then asks what he'll say that he hasn't blurted out already.
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I'm kind of surprised that he hasn't tried for France or Spain, but maybe their banking laws are more stringent, I'm not familiar with either.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

Interesting to speculate.

We’ve predicted the end of WeRe Bank about as many times as Smith has predicted the end of the world. And **ahem** us.

The bank itself is now pretty much defunct. There is still a website but it hasn’t been updated in an age, not since the failed 'Easter Rising'. None, not one of the products promoted, promised or in being including credit/ATM/Debit type cards, motor insurance, ‘script’ money, cheques, allonges, LLTs etc etc are any good. A big fat failure although I'll bet there is still the odd cash filled envelope coming in from time to time.

I was disappointed by the Financial Conduct Authority who, by being bit more robust could have killed this off years ago instead of putting out their mealy-mouthed half-baked warning which simply added to the confusion in the minds of those tempted to try it out.

The cheques (like the drugs) do not work, the LLTs which curiously were never peadalled here in the UK only sunk those that used them into further financial misery or speeded up their evictions. Smithy gobs off at and belittles anyone questioning why any of this is so. He appears to have abandoned Brampton House in Stoke on Trent and he's been unusually quiet, generally.

And yet, clinging to his coat tails, there remains a small band of delusional anti-establishment followers, cultish in their adoration. If Smith were to go on record tomorrow and admit he’s been having a great time taking the piss these many years and that the whole thing had been an exercise in exposing the gullability of the great unwashed from the outset they’d still believe.

If you look back over time Smith first came to notice when he took on the plods over his unregistered uninsured camper van. That ended very badly for him as we know. Bolstered by failure this latest enterprise seems to have arisen purely as a platform to allow the promotion of his peculiar world-view, tempered and shaped by his brush with authority, a child-like need to ‘get one over’ the big misters who told him in no uncertain terms that he couldn’t do whatever he liked in a modern society.

Smith’s FB site is a mis-mash of conspiracy memes, end of the world/currencies/cash predictions (take your pick), deleted posts from the disgruntled and disillusioned, predictable rubbish from the usual conspiritards. Not someone I’d be rushing to rely upon to bail me out of debt problems or turn up to my court hearing as the star witness.

Even the Goofy lot have locked all threads on the subject and continue to ruthlessly suppress any discussion on WeRe Bank. I've always found that curious. I remember him sharing a platform with TC and Guy at an early meeting of the converted (in the Elwes Arms?) and he was poorly received by an audience drawn from, I hesitate to describe them, a 'different social strand' than Smith. He’s not been asked back.

In the quote someone reproduced above (a comment Smith added to one made by one of his FB contributors) he seems to be describing himself;
"Peter of Poundland" wrote
You lie and deceive, you spin and twist the truth - you pander and parade your smiles in order to do what exactly?
Indeed.

My prediction? He'll go quiet for a while and then re-invent himself as (yet another) guru, a David Icke figure perhaps.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Basically, WeRe Bank ran the normal life cycle of FMOTL theories, which is:

1. New theory is invented
2. New theory is actively promoted in FMOTL circles as the thing that's really going to work this time
3. People try it
4. It doesn't work
5. Theory is discredited

WeRe Bank, by its nature, did more damage to its adherents than the average FMOTL scheme. It had a low cost of entry (in terms of fees, and what you have to do), but high penalties on the back end. A lot of people who would never try something as risky as tax protesting tried WeRe Bank. And they got burned. I suspect this experience turned some people off freedmanism for good.

Of course, FMOTL theories often resurface and mutate. But given the institutional nature of this scheme (someone has to print the cheques and maintain accounts), and the prevalence of stories in the FMOTL community about the repercussions of doing it, make it an unlikely candidate to return.

And, Peter hasn't exactly won friends and influenced people, in the FMOTL community or anywhere else. He may be so toxic that he can't re-invent himself or come back with a new scheme.
PeanutGallery

Post by PeanutGallery »

TheNewSaint wrote:Basically, WeRe Bank ran the normal life cycle of FMOTL theories, which is:

1. Old Theory is slightly changed and rebranded as New Theory
2. New theory is actively promoted in FMOTL circles as the thing that's really going to work this time
3. People try it
4. It doesn't work
5. Old Theory is discredited
6. Go to 1.
Given that WeRe Bank is a rehash of the Promissory Notes are as good as cash and shares elements of both Menards and Roger Hayes scams. I think it more that the life cycle of a scam is closer to the above.
Warning may contain traces of nut
wserra
Quatloosian Federal Witness
Quatloosian Federal Witness

Post by wserra »

TheNewSaint wrote:Basically, WeRe Bank ran the normal life cycle of FMOTL theories, which is:

1. New theory is invented
3. People try it
4. It doesn't work
5. Theory is discredited
Or, as Homer (Simpson) put it, "I know I've tried get-rich-quick schemes before. But this scheme is gonna make me rich - and quick!"
"A wise man proportions belief to the evidence."
- David Hume
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

PeanutGallery wrote: 1. Old Theory is slightly changed and rebranded as New Theory
3. People try it
4. It doesn't work
5. Old Theory is discredited
6. Go to 1.
Yes, good addition. In fact, I think we can flesh it out a bit more:

1. Old Theory is slightly changed and rebranded as New Theory
3. People try it
4. It kind of works for awhile (accounts are initially credited, tax refunds are initially issued, etc.)
5. Authorities become aware of the theory, issue warnings, develop policies, etc
6. It stops working; initial successes are reversed
7. New Theory is discredited
8. Enough time passes that New Theory is forgotten, and it becomes Old Theory
9. Go to 1.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

TheNewSaint wrote:Of course, FMOTL theories often resurface and mutate. But given the institutional nature of this scheme (someone has to print the cheques and maintain accounts)...
I think the realistic checkbooks were the key to this. Smith's audacity (and sound judgement) in paying extra to have them printed by a professional firm to the same appearance as actual checks was a masterstroke. Unfortunately he didn't have any more, so the story since has been a slow collapse.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

More meaningless conspiracy drivel from Peter today. Garyk Martin, who you may remember from a few pages back, is the first to leave a comment.

It seems his situation as gotten even worse since Peter first ignored his pleas for help. Who'd have thunk it?
Peter!
What about my cheque that Manchester council won't cash for my council tax bill????
They want to send me to prison!! I'm a single father (and yes the chdren do live with me! The mother went off to do her own thing,) what should I do?? They say cab payment in sterling or else?????
I am asking for your worldly knowledge and help... Please...
Don't mean to be harsh, but if this guy isn't the textbook definition of a loser I don't know who is.
notorial dissent

I think clueless loser is a better description, particularly if he thinks PoE is "worldly" and giving good advice. He needs a smack up the side of the head before he does end up childless, homeless, and in jail.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

I did think it sounded archaic that the UK would send people to prison for a tax liability in this day and age and it turns out that they don't. They will give you a few months if you refuse for no good reason.
You can be sent to prison for up to 3 months if the court decides you don’t have a good reason to not pay your Council Tax and you refuse to do so.
https://www.gov.uk/council-tax-arrears
Seems like he's refusing to pay like a freeman idiot.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Peter!
What about my cheque that Manchester council won't cash for my council tax bill????
They want to send me to prison!! I'm a single father (and yes the chdren do live with me! The mother went off to do her own thing,) what should I do?? They say cab payment in sterling or else?????
I am asking for your worldly knowledge and help... Please...
Well, my advice is to pack a toothbrush and don't drop the soap.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent

Or maybe just pay your damn taxes and then you won't have this problem. Probably too reasonable for our hapless hero.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

Guys, guys, don't worry! Peter is back with his worldly knowledge. Our pal Garyk is gonna be okay after all.
UCC Article 3 para 603 + BOE Act 1882 Sections 42 and 43. Why blame WeRe Bank? You have a choice do you not? Either pay as everyone else does, or tries to, or try an alternative remedy...which is what we offer. We have several instances where councils have accepted. We have many where they have not. If you are a single parent then I think you are "crying wolf" as they will not jail you. I would immediately file an Application to Dismiss as when you do that the Council's lawyer will have to show what they are basing the charge upon. Have you tried to pay? YES. Are you in honour? YES - Has the council asked WeRe Bank for the £ ? NO! If the council is after money - then why do they not ask? SIMPLE...they ask we send. Thanks
Lies, damned lies and WeRe cheques.

He'd have been better off if Peter had ignored him, as usual.
Philistine

Post by Philistine »

Peter of Entropy stated, "...they ask we send."
Not. once. ever.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

Just a small point of order here. If I write a check to someone, anyone, who for whatever reason does not want to accept it (and no law anywhere says anyone has to accept a check), I can go to my bank, with a check made to "Cash" and get good old fashioned Federal Reserve Notes, or pounds sterling if I ask, and I can then pay them with that. Can you do that with a WeRe check?

I didn't think so.
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
notorial dissent

That is of course assuming that you could find WeaRy Bank, which I suspect by this point is being run out of PoE's back pocket. :snicker:
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

PoE wrote:
Has the council asked WeRe Bank for the £ ?
Peter is forgetting that he has always said the WeRe bank does not pay out in "£".
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Zeke_the_Meek

Post by Zeke_the_Meek »

Peter of England: Anyone “person” or corporation who has lost out on trade, currency or vacation enjoyment due to this “massive market rigging” should consider telephoning the Bank of England, Mark Carney.
*ring ring*
"Hello, operator."
"Hey, can you put me through to the Bank of England?"
"Sure! Anyone in particular?"
"The head?"
"No problem. Please hold."
*the Girl from Ipanema hold music plays*
"Hello, Mark Carney."
"Hello, Mark. Are you free?"
"Not really, got a meeting with the Rothschilds over at the Church of Satan in ten minutes, but what's up?"
"Well, I'm a bit miffed to be honest. I've got a stag do booked in Magaluf and this whole currency crash nonsense has put the price of Carling up by 12p a pint."
"Oh, crikey, I hadn't thought of that. Sorry mate, I'll get that sorted ASAP."
*Mike Carney hits Ctrl+Z on his keyboard, the economy rights itself*
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I would immediately file an Application to Dismiss as when you do that the Council's lawyer will have to show what they are basing the charge upon.
Yeah, that tactic will come in handy later when Garyk is begging the court for leniency. Especially if he followed all Peter's previous advice to declare them in dishonour and whatnot. Talk about taking a bad situation and making it worse.