Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

rumpelstilzchen
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Postby rumpelstilzchen » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:48 pm

One thing is for sure. Colon has not checked to see if there is law that prohibits "jumping" a red light.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.

NYGman

Postby NYGman » Tue Jul 11, 2017 9:59 pm

I am sure he searched the UCC, the only true statutory universally acceptable laws out there. I too checked, and there is no UCC section covering it.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.

morrand
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Postby morrand » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:32 am

Penny Wise wrote:At about 9 minutes he says has anybody looked to see if there is a law to say that you can't jump a red light and then proclaims there is no such law.

Well as he advises in his video, I did my own research and there is a law s.36 of the Road Traffic Act

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1988/52/section/36

Aha! But that's to do with signs, not lights! He's RIGHT!!!

Unless you actually trace it down a little to regulation 36 of The Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002, which defines the meaning of the lights specified by regulation 33 of the same, which is linked to s. 36 of the Road Traffic Act 1988 by regulation 10. And when his work is done, haha! begins the fun, from Dnepropetrovsk to Petropavlovsk, by way of Iliysk—sorry.

Anyway, you'd never figure this out, I mean, unless you look at Rule 109 of The Highway Code, which would be the obvious starting place and which points to all of this:
Rule 109

Traffic light signals and traffic signs. You MUST obey all traffic light signals (see ‘Light signals controlling traffic’) and traffic signs giving orders, including temporary signals & signs (see ‘Traffic signs’). Make sure you know, understand and act on all other traffic and information signs and road markings (see ‘Traffic signs’, ‘Road markings’ and ‘Vehicle markings’).

Laws RTA 1988 sect 36 & TSRGD regs 10, 15, 16, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 36, 38 & 40

But, you know, DVLA's never given me a driving licence, so, eh, what do I know?
---
Morrand

Firthy2002

Postby Firthy2002 » Thu Jul 13, 2017 11:14 pm

I cringe whenever someone brings up the Superior Orders defence (aka Nuremberg defence) who clearly hasn't done any research on it, like Colon in this video.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.

Siegfried Shrink
First Mate
First Mate

Postby Siegfried Shrink » Fri Jul 14, 2017 10:33 pm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5n7NwSsrQhs

It seems that the PTB want to stop people travelling, by a cunning scheme of almost Baldrickian brilliance.
They have a plan to try and get people to switch off the engines in their cars, vans and whatever, when parked in cities. The people will reduce pollution, save fuel and coincidentally, be able to travel more with the saved fuel.
I cannot quite see how this is a conspiracy against the common man, unless the man is so common that they drive the sort of car that probably will not start when you want it to (I had a few like this 30 years ago) but nowadays the cheap old cars poor people use remain remarkably reliable.
The sticking point seems to be that 'no idling' zones in city centres will be enforced, making one more type of traffic ticket to ramp up to £600 or so. Or you could, like a sensible person, switch off the engine when picking up your child or whatever.

This is all rather feeble, I wonder if someone has taken the old dog to a vet and had some of the rotten teeth pulled.

Return to “United Kingdom”