Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

NYGman
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Post by NYGman »

Unffordable, isn't that a very deep river crossing that can not be crossed by any Ford vehicles?
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Bones wrote:http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... 20#p497497

This is the top of the page
Fantastic, they've sold the site to a predatory "debt management" outfit who can properly monetize all the gullible losers who google their way to GOOFY! Previously discussed here --> viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11060&p=225506#p225465
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Hercule Parrot wrote:Fantastic, they've sold the site to a predatory "debt management" outfit who can properly monetize all the gullible losers who google their way to GOOFY!
Well, that explains a lot. It explains why someone wanted to buy the website: it's a goldmine of potential customers, and an established platform for marketing to them. It also explains why they've concealed who they really are. They seem to realize that most GOODFers will be aghast at the suggestion they pay even 10% of what they owe. :mrgreen:
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Although, being devils advocate here, isn't it at least better that they try to resolve their debts, and pay a portion, than use GOOFY tactics.While they may be able to get up to* 90% of the debt forgiven, I am also guessing the consumer will pay fees and costs, and potentially a portion of forgiveness to the company, in addition to the negotiated balance.

What I do not know, is if this provider charges outrageous fees for their "Help"? I know a few US Debt reduction companies got in to trouble a while back, by pocketing money up front that should have gone to pay the debt, and also advising people to stop paying existing debts. I am sure any company that thinks an association with GOOFY is a good idea, may be a bit shady, when it comes to their fees/costs.

*I Am sure 90% is the exception rather than the rule, but I think now, in advertising in the UK, you need something that sounds spectacular, and worthy of being on the side of a bus, to advertise your position, even if it isn't true.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

NYGman wrote:What I do not know, is if this provider charges outrageous fees for their "Help"?
Yes, of course they do. Clicking on the "Unffordable link", it says:
Fees apply, subject to individual's circumstances. For more information on our fees click here
Click here, we find that and SFS take:
This fee will be approximately £800-1,000.
But wait, there's more:
Your Insolvency Practitioner will also charge a fee for their services.
Pox

Post by Pox »

littleFred wrote:
NYGman wrote:What I do not know, is if this provider charges outrageous fees for their "Help"?
Yes, of course they do. Clicking on the "Unffordable link", it says:
Fees apply, subject to individual's circumstances. For more information on our fees click here
Click here, we find that and SFS take:
This fee will be approximately £800-1,000.
But wait, there's more:
Your Insolvency Practitioner will also charge a fee for their services.
So could the person in difficulties cut out the 'middleman' and go straight to the insolvency practitioner, thereby saving themselves a few pennies?
Bones

Post by Bones »

Hercule Parrot wrote: Fantastic, they've sold the site to a predatory "debt management" outfit who can properly monetize all the gullible losers who google their way to GOOFY! Previously discussed here --> viewtopic.php?f=52&t=11060&p=225506#p225465
Well remembered..

So whilst Colon claims the site was sold in November - the company that "brought" goodf has links dating back to March -

So did the sale really take place in March - when did Jon step down ?
Bungle

Post by Bungle »

The Goofys won't like this (its at the foot of the page in tiny print).

"Getoutofdebtfree.org does not provide debt advice.

You must always seek professional advice before taking any action to resolve your debts. Getoutofdebtfree.org does not charge you any fees for use of our forum, however we do get paid by our sponsors and the partners we work with.

Our partners charge fees and those vary depending on the partner and the debt solution. Customers should refer to our partners' websites for more information regarding their services.

Before entering into any debt solution you should ensure that you have considered the implications. Failure to keep up with repayments can result in bankruptcy or legal action. Lenders are not obliged to accept less in settlement of a debt than they are entitled to or to freeze interest or charges. Not all solutions involve debt write off and some solutions may result in the total amount payable increasing, or the period over which it is to be repaid increasing.

Debt solutions will affect your credit rating which records all financial activity for 6 years. Your assets and property could be at risk in some solutions. Conditions apply and each application will be subject to acceptance and eligibility."
https://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/help
TUCO said to me:
“I envy you for the job that you do in helping advise people. If I could choose an occupation, this is what I would like to do. Much of the advice that I pass onto people is heavily influenced by your posts”.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Again, since when can anything ANY of the Goofy's say be taken as anything but probable fantasy?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

New user (but apparently a long time fan ) "colonic" fires a salvo

Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Bones wrote:So whilst Colon claims the site was sold in November - the company that "brought" goodf has links dating back to March -

How about they started advertising in March then decided it was easier just to buy the website?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

The value of the site is the targeted audience for adverts. A potential purchaser would want to know the click-through rate, and the obvious method for finding that is to place adverts.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

Someone on Facebook is claiming that goodf was put up for sale in January 2016 with a price tag of £250,000.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I can believe them doing that, I just can't believe that anyone would pay that much, or that it would be even remotely worth it. You just don't spend money on a mailing list of people who have no money, are incredibly cheap, and spend their lives trying to get out of paying for things. It just defies reason.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

Online website valuation is really a joke and none of them even come close to an accurate valuation of any website. Hell if they were I would sell my domains tomorrow and retire to the Bahamas! The truth is you would be lucky to buy a 4 year old BMW with full serves history. Hell last time I looked the number 3 backlink and traffic referral was Quatloos!
I think the question the goofy lot should be asking is, if it was sold in Nov negotiations would have begun well before that, especially if they were deluded over the asking price. So why did they have the crowd funder? If it was a last ditch attempt to not sell for whatever reason then fine but they should of refunded when they did sell, as it made the reason for the crowd funder invalid.
Personally I think they knew they were selling the site when they launched the crowd funder and it was just a way of trying to make up the deluded short fall of the asking price.
And they call the bankers, government and police corrupt! :brickwall:
getoutofdebtfools
Pirate
Pirate

Post by getoutofdebtfools »

I do hope the GOODF site was bought using a bone fide We're Cheque :haha:

I also trust the new owners will make Ceylon remove their logo from all of his videos :lol:
Oh the irony of the Get Out Of Debt Free website :lol: :lol: :lol:
Now owned by a debt management company :brickwall: Bye bye Ceylon :haha:
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Bones

Post by Bones »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
Bones wrote:So whilst Colon claims the site was sold in November - the company that "brought" goodf has links dating back to March -

How about they started advertising in March then decided it was easier just to buy the website?
Nah, I prefer to think that Colon is telling lies. :thinking:

This company show up in March, Jon steps down in May and then they do a cash call on the crowd funding site in June.

I think the deal was done before Jon stepped down and it is only now that Colon is sulking that it has publically been acknowledged that a sale had taken place
Bones

Post by Bones »

Be interesting if Colon was to set up a new site and do a Peter of England and claim that he needs donations to set it up etc.... Given that as a 1/3 partner he would have received money from the sale (is he on any means tested benefits ?) :sarcasmon:
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

Ironic that the selling of the site proves capitalism works :lol: