Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Postby TheNewSaint » Mon Feb 06, 2017 5:10 pm

Pottapaug1938 wrote:A lot of the real maple syrup we get in stores is Canadian; but in Massachusetts it's very easy to find syrup made in New England.

I've lived in the southeast and midwest, and Vermont maple syrup isn't too hard to find. I remember bringing some home from Vermont in a small metal can with a handle and a screw-on cap, like those used to store gasoline.

Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Postby Burnaby49 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:34 pm

Arthur Rubin wrote:
littleFred wrote:I like Maple Syrup. The real stuff, not the Maple-ish Syrup we get in the UK.
You need to go to Canada to get Maple Syrup. (You can get some Canadian Maple Syrup in US specialty stores, but you have to look.)

Burnaby, please check me on this, but I've been told the (US? Canadian?) Grade B syrup (generally more flavorful than Grade A) has become Grade A dark, with the previous Grade A becoming Grade A amber.

Could be. For some strange reason the more insipid and bland maple syrup is the more expensive it is. The dark is much more flavourful than the light and is also cheaper so that's what I buy. Light amber is at the top of the price list. It's possible, for PR purposes, that the dark has been reclassified from grade B to an alternate Grade A to get rid of the poorer quality connotations. However it's not a matter of quality, both are chemically equivalent, but of perception.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs

Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)
Location: West of Provincetown, but east of North Adams. South of Salisbury, but north of Aquinnah.

Postby Pottapaug1938 » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:28 pm

Burnaby49 wrote:
littleFred wrote:Burnaby, please check me on this, but I've been told the (US? Canadian?) Grade B syrup (generally more flavorful than Grade A) has become Grade A dark, with the previous Grade A becoming Grade A amber.

Could be. For some strange reason the more insipid and bland maple syrup is the more expensive it is. The dark is much more flavourful than the light and is also cheaper so that's what I buy. Light amber is at the top of the price list. It's possible, for PR purposes, that the dark has been reclassified from grade B to an alternate Grade A to get rid of the poorer quality connotations. However it's not a matter of quality, both are chemically equivalent, but of perception.

As in my earlier post, the lighter and lighter-flavored stuff was called "fancy" because it could be used in things, such as tea or coffee, where you don't necessarily want a stronger maple taste. It comes from the first run of the season. As the season progresses, the syrup becomes darker and has a stronger flavor. Burnaby is correct in that the reclassifications were done partly because "Grade B" syrup was perceived as being of lesser quality. I like to buy the new Very Dark/Strong Grade A because, among other things, I can transport it more easily when I go camping, since I need less of it.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools

longdog

Postby longdog » Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:25 pm

Bones wrote:Image

You'd think Robin Hood of all people would know how to how to hold a bow at full draw. I can't even begin to work out what's going on with his right hand. :snicker:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?

letissier14

Postby letissier14 » Tue Mar 07, 2017 2:06 pm

So if Ceylon is nothing to do with GOODF anymore, why is he re-posting videos he made previously to his Facebook page, which advertise GOODF. Surely as he claims he was kicked out of GOODF he would have edited his old videos? Unless of course he is still involved with GOODF :snicker:

https://youtu.be/pAVp3Cs0jrk
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Postby notorial dissent » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:22 am

Or he's just too lazy, and it's all about the attention anyway, but puzzling still.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.

Chaos

Postby Chaos » Wed Mar 08, 2017 12:47 am

notorial dissent wrote: it's all about the attention

and to show he spelled 'SssPanKerC' wrong.

Return to “United Kingdom”