Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

hucknallred
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Post by hucknallred »

I remember you could get a Red wrapper Bounty, never see them now. More Mandela effect?
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

doublelong wrote:Breaking news!!!!!!!!!! Ceylon does not brush his teeth!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :haha:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzP6AOAODVo
Sort of back on topic then - http://www.nhs.uk/Livewell/dentalhealth ... ealth.aspx
Gum disease has even been linked with.....dementia.
:thinking:
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

NYGman wrote:UK Mars bars are like US Milky way, and UK milky way was like US 3 musketeers bar and there was no UK equivalent to the US Mars bar, and no UK 3 musketeers...
And yet even after this, there are still people who claim there's no illuminati conspiracy...
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Here you go:
http://www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductVie ... single+bar
:P
Fair enough. How about Nuthalls Mintoes then? I mean Nuthalls, no imitations.
Greengrass
Gunners Mate
Gunners Mate

Post by Greengrass »

hucknallred wrote:
I remember you could get a Red wrapper Bounty, never see them now. More Mandela effect?
Have to say it's one of my best sellers. Mainly because people can't get them anywhere else.
Pox

Post by Pox »

hucknallred wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:Here you go:
http://www.waitrose.com/shop/ProductVie ... single+bar
:P
Fair enough. How about Nuthalls Mintoes then? I mean Nuthalls, no imitations.
I always felt cheated by Curly Wurly - wrapper looked larger than the substance inside due to the gaps in the Curly Wurly bits.

On the other hand Haining is short in stature - and is full of even more empty gaps, so doesn't disappoint.
hucknallred

Post by hucknallred »

How about calling it the Hilda Ogden effect, I thought she died years ago.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-37662724
longdog

Post by longdog »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:I don't care what anyone says but Wagon Wheels were definitely bigger when I was a kid.
Is that the Mandela Effect or is it keeping an eye on the profits?
I think Burton's has now admitted that they are a whopping 3mm smaller than they were but otherwise dismissed the claim as an urban myth.

But then they would say that... :twisted:
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
#six

Post by #six »

What a surprise. He's not happy with one of his FOI responses

http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... AfiT4Z4WEd

The police are in fact correct. I have developed Software to search on a FOI system. It is easy to search for refusals on the system. These are coded as such. However the reason for the refusal is not necessarily listed and if it is listed then it will often be in free form text and therefore difficult to search accurately. In order to find the reason for a refusal you need to read the individual documents. On the system I work on, they are stored as individual files. So a request, a response, a clarification, a refusal and a complaint would be logged as 5 separate files. These files may be text, email, word, PDF, image or fax so cannot always be searched automatically. In addition, it is likely that there may be other internal communication which would need searching.

Personally, I think the police are underestimating the effort required to search 2000+ records. If they were to be thorough then I think 5 minutes per request would be needed to give an accurate figure.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

An initial search revealed a total of 2258 records over a 2 year period.

We estimate that it would take approximately 2-3 minutes per record to search and extract which, at the most conservative 2 minutes, would equate to approximately 75 working hours (for 2 years worth of records). This takes the request over the cost threshold of 18 working hours and engages Section 12 (1) of the Act.
Now he knows they parameters, if he had any brains, he could alter there request to comply. assuming an even distribution, and 18*30=540 they could review in the time frame given. So I would guess about 5 months worth of requests will cover it, and give a representation of the percent rejected for using a fake name although I think 3 months would probably be enough. So they laid out what the could cover, but he isn't revising house request to comply, who is the idiot. They even tell him to refine the request, but no, he just doesn't get it.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

He doesn't actually want it answered, he wants another example of "them" ganging up against him.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

He needs to take the sodding hint and not waste people's time with silly FOI requests.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

Ceylon is claiming a hacker was hired to take down goofy but it seems they were hired to take down the consumer action group and was nothing to do with goofy.
Links: http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... &p=4955399
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-36247289
http://getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/viewt ... BJQCy0rLIV
Also the tread title on goofy reads “trolls beware” what the hell has this story got to do with trolls?
Jon Shackleton Nice win for everyone :) exceptional news
Like · 2 · 9 hrs
Dave Wilcock
Dave Wilcock excellent
Like · 2 · 9 hrs
Amanda Pike
Amanda Pike Sorry is this a bloke thats hackef get out of debt Mark Ceylon
Like · 1 · 8 hrs
Mark Ceylon
Mark Ceylon yes he hired a profesional hacker to try and bring goodf down last year
Like · 1 · 8 hrs
Amanda Pike
Amanda Pike Omg whats his online name?
Like · 7 hrs
Amanda Pike
Amanda Pike What the hell is mentally wrong with these weirdos?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

doublelong wrote:Also the tread title on goofy reads “trolls beware” what the hell has this story got to do with trolls?
In GOODFville "troll" means anyone who disagrees with, opposes, or questions the FMOTL party line in any manner whatsoever. This includes on other websites ("Quatloos trolls"), or off the Internet entirely ("trolls attended my court case today"). It has little in common with the widely-understood definition of "troll".
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

TheNewSaint wrote:
doublelong wrote:Also the tread title on goofy reads “trolls beware” what the hell has this story got to do with trolls?
In GOODFville "troll" means anyone who disagrees with, opposes, or questions the FMOTL party line in any manner whatsoever. This includes on other websites ("Quatloos trolls"), or off the Internet entirely ("trolls attended my court case today"). It has little in common with the widely-understood definition of "troll".
Kind of in line with their "understanding" of economics, the law, honesty, integrity, and life in general then. All I can say, is that if someone "ever", which I can't say I believe for a minute. hired a hacker to take down GOODF, then he got taken, since they are still there, no thank even to their own lack of competence. In truth, I'm really surprised that the site isn't riddled with malware and viral problems.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I imagine that asking a hacker to take down a fotl website is like asking a demolition crew to take down a theater set.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

notorial dissent wrote:In truth, I'm really surprised that the site isn't riddled with malware and viral problems.
Well, in a way, it is. :)
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

I can't understand why their strident complaints about Trolls, Paid Shills etc always relate to posts disagreeing with their most whacky theories. Who on earth do they think would pay someone to try and persuade them that the earth isn't flat for example?
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

As I've said, I'm shocked it hasn't keeled over all on its own account as clueless as most of this crowd seems to be.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.