Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

Bones
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Mark "Ceylon" Haining, Goofy GOODFer

Post by Bones »

Yes, it was his dealings with Brown Rabbit (£10 for a dictionary of made up meanings) that led to a shake up of mods over on GOODF

http://dispatchuk.com/COMMONLAW-Mini-Di ... 001234.htm

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... it#p373194

This is an interesting thread :mouthshut:

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... it#p373087
Pox

Post by Pox »

Bones wrote:
And who is this site Admin, who is online now and posting ???

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... HfNd1wlejA

They have always used the user name of getoutofdebtfree for these pointless declarations, haven't they?
Pox

Post by Pox »

Bones wrote:Yes, it was his dealings with Brown Rabbit (£10 for a dictionary of made up meanings) that led to a shake up of mods over on GOODF

http://dispatchuk.com/COMMONLAW-Mini-Di ... 001234.htm

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... it#p373194

This is an interesting thread :mouthshut:

http://www.getoutofdebtfree.org/forum/v ... it#p373087
Yeah, I get that he promotes all sorts of things but do you know for sure, that he was receiving any financial rewards?
Bones

Post by Bones »

Pox wrote: Yeah, I get that he promotes all sorts of things but do you know for sure, that he was receiving any financial rewards?
Yes, I have pm's from those in the know confirming it
Forsyth
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by Forsyth »

Bones wrote:And who is this site Admin, who is online now and posting ???
I'm pretty certain that's just a small script. Whether it makes sense to have a script that takes input from a php based web front end, processes it, and then publishes it on the site automatically using a user ID that has site admin privileges is left as an exercise for their information security officer.
Pox

Post by Pox »

Bones wrote:
Pox wrote: Yeah, I get that he promotes all sorts of things but do you know for sure, that he was receiving any financial rewards?
Yes, I have pm's from those in the know confirming it
OK, I accept that and wouldn't put anything past him but it would be nice to have some concrete proof.
Bones

Post by Bones »

Forsyth wrote:
Bones wrote:And who is this site Admin, who is online now and posting ???
I'm pretty certain that's just a small script. Whether it makes sense to have a script that takes input from a php based web front end, processes it, and then publishes it on the site automatically using a user ID that has site admin privileges is left as an exercise for their information security officer.
You could be right, I have little knowledge of how forums work
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

I'm not on my pc at the moment but if someone would like to go on the Facebook page "freeman fails" they can see my post of Ceylon saying he was banned by goodf. Feel free to copy the screenshots onto here.
Last edited by letissier14 on Thu Jan 12, 2017 7:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Bones

Post by Bones »

Pox wrote: OK, I accept that and wouldn't put anything past him but it would be nice to have some concrete proof.
I hear you :mouthshut:
Bones

Post by Bones »

letissier14 wrote:I'm not on my pc at the moment but if someone would like to go on the Facebook page "freeman fails" they can see my post of Ceylon saying he was banned by goodf. Feel free to copy the pictures onto here.
Your wish is my command :whistle:

Bones

Post by Bones »

The crowd funding was in June, yet Colon says the site was sold in November....

So the crowd funding was months before, he claims the site was sold, so the money for the crowd funding has nothing to do with the new owner
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

I'm starting to believe that the site was sold early last year and Jon and Ceylon probably had to sign a non disclosure agreement for a set period so that there was a seamless transition to the new owners.
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
Bones

Post by Bones »

My gut feeling is that it was sold when Jon stepped down and was the real reason he stepped down
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

An observation and a question.

Why would Ceylon have said he was voted down 2 to 1 about the site sale unless he was also an owner. Last I checked mods don't get input when an owner sells. I think this inadvertently slipped out when he was trying to defend his innocence in all the goings on.

When was the last time, or first time for that matter, Ceylon actually told the truth about much of anything?

FWIW, I think letissier and Bones have pretty much the scenario, we just don't have all the detail at present. One thing I am sure of is that there was a whole lot a lyin' gonin' on.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Envvb3XYt3M

For someone so fond of being in front of the camera, he has posted this rather odd slideshow on YT in which he "confirms" he has been banned for telling people the site has been sold, and to direct any questions to someone posting under the name of "notfunny" as they are the new owner.

He also continues to try and make a big thing of the crowd funding that happened in June 2016, being Ceylon though he thinks 8 months is 2 months and he also magically plucks a figure reached, when the crowd funding page says something different.

I doubt he is banned, but knows he has royally screwed up and like Tom regularly does is playing the victim card, before idiots like Society of the Thickos cotton on he may not be the angel he portrays himself to be and he starts getting asked some awkward questions from the few die hard Goofies left.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
doublelong
Pirate Captain
Pirate Captain

Post by doublelong »

Bones wrote:
letissier14 wrote:I'm not on my pc at the moment but if someone would like to go on the Facebook page "freeman fails" they can see my post of Ceylon saying he was banned by goodf. Feel free to copy the pictures onto here.
Your wish is my command :whistle:

Now this is my opinion and at the moment cannot be proven but I may not post a great deal but I do read a lot on this site as I do find it all very entertaining. But in my view this is Haining talking to Haining. The style of the reply is worded in the same style he uses, attack and aggression with a good sprinkle of the unbelievable. Why the hell would China be attacking a forum in the UK that frankly seeks to undermined democracy, free speech and governments. The reply is absurd. :brickwall:
littleFred
Stern Faced Schoolmaster of Serious Discussion

Post by littleFred »

I run a variety of web sites, and have done for about 20 years. They are constantly under attack, mostly by robots trying to breach security, sometimes by manual attack. This isn't because of the nature of the sites, but is simply part of modern life. It's a very minor cost of running a web site.

But GOOFies are paranoid, and Ceylon is very paranoid. And he is a noble warrior fighting evil forces, who are naturally out to get him, and he needs money from his supporters to help fund his battles.
Skeleton

Post by Skeleton »

doublelong wrote:
Now this is my opinion and at the moment cannot be proven but I may not post a great deal but I do read a lot on this site as I do find it all very entertaining. But in my view this is Haining talking to Haining. The style of the reply is worded in the same style he uses, attack and aggression with a good sprinkle of the unbelievable. Why the hell would China be attacking a forum in the UK that frankly seeks to undermined democracy, free speech and governments. The reply is absurd. :brickwall:
I also thought the conversation was odd and given Ceylons awful grammar and punctuation skills, i also noted in both the question and the answer a mixture of "i" and the Capital "I" in a number of wrong places. It is a Ceylon trait so you could well be correct.
When I looked up "Ninjas" in Thesaurus.com, it said "Ninja's can't be found" Well played Ninjas, well played. :lol: :lol:
Bones

Post by Bones »

Someone has locked the latest news section

Bones

Post by Bones »

In Colon's message to himself, he claims that the money was used to build the website (which was already built) and to allow people to have instant access to the template letters for free (which would not have actually cost anything to do).

Whilst there are lots of words, it is all smoke and mirrors, there is no actual explaination as to what the money was used for