Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

TheNewSaint
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by TheNewSaint »

He Who Knows wrote:Apparently, Rowcliffes Estate Agent in Glossop has taken down the sale particulars of Patel Cottage presumably because she's been intimidating them, not only with her social media campaign where she's sullied their name on 126 shared sites, but also by telling them that they're aiding and abetting a crime
Can you confirm this is the reason for the removal, or are you speculating? I'm skeptical, because:

1. People in the business of selling repossessed property don't intimidate this easily;

2. The court has ordered the home sold, and Rekha Patel no longer has any say in the matter;

3. She has no legitimate complaint about the nature of the listing (the only "personal effects" I could see in the photo were the koosh ball and the Patel Cottage sign);

4. She has no public support outside the small, ignorable FMOTL-sphere; and

5. The removal of a listing could mean any number of things, including the home already being sold. I seem to recall the former Crawford Castle being sold quickly under similar circumstances.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

The New Saint wrote:
Can you confirm this is the reason for the removal, or are you speculating? I'm skeptical, because:

1. People in the business of selling repossessed property don't intimidate this easily;

2. The court has ordered the home sold, and Rekha Patel no longer has any say in the matter;

3. She has no legitimate complaint about the nature of the listing (the only "personal effects" I could see in the photo were the koosh ball and the Patel Cottage sign);

4. She has no public support outside the small, ignorable FMOTL-sphere; and

5. The removal of a listing could mean any number of things, including the home already being sold. I seem to recall the former Crawford Castle being sold quickly under similar circumstances.
The word on the street is that Princess Snowflake has been telling Rowcliffes that they're aiding and abetting a crime. Taking each of your points:
1. Estate agents - even 30 years after Suzi Lamplugh - do intimidate that easily. At a commission of £2,250 it's more than their job's worth
2. Since when did Wrecker ever listen to the courts?
3. The internal photos were taken down from the site last week, but that's clearly not enough for Princess.
4. She has the support of nearly 800 on her online petition, shared to over 125 various sites.
5. When a home is sold in the UK, the agents keep the listing there with a STC sign (subject to contract). Only when contracts have exchanged do they take it down. There has been no time for this to happen.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

I assume that it is beyond all realms of possibility there has been an offer by Rekha to pay the bill?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

TheNewSaint wrote:
He Who Knows wrote:Apparently, Rowcliffes Estate Agent in Glossop has taken down the sale particulars of Patel Cottage presumably because she's been intimidating them, not only with her social media campaign where she's sullied their name on 126 shared sites, but also by telling them that they're aiding and abetting a crime
Can you confirm this is the reason for the removal, or are you speculating? I'm skeptical...
I'm not wholly surprised. If Wrecka and her sympathisers are harassing the estate agent by social media and phone calls, it can very quickly become a loss-making commission. The same happened with Castle Crawford. I think they eventually had to sell by sealed bids, rather than by open competitive marketing.

If Wrecka wants to maximise her own losses, this is definitely the right way to go. Keep up the obstruction and harassment - push the sale price down hard, whilst increasing the recoverable legal & security costs.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:I assume that it is beyond all realms of possibility there has been an offer by Rekha to pay the bill?
Must admit this did cross my mind, maybe her parents helped again, but then again if that had happened she would already have moved back in, so I think unlikely.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

He Who Knows wrote:The word on the street is that Princess Snowflake has been telling Rowcliffes that they're aiding and abetting a crime.
Thanks for your answer. I'm sure she is, but I would think a realtor that lists repossessed properties is used to that sort of harassment, and would know her claims have no merit. So color me disappointed. I hold out hope that this is a temporary de-listing while they decide what to do.

Rekha has enough supporters to annoy the realtor, but not enough to generate Tom Crawford levels of public interest. Her whining on the Internet social media campaign hasn't resulted in any social media buzz, mainstream media coverage, or dislodged this thread from the top relevant Google result*. Even the Tameside Reporter seems to have moved on from Thackstones: The Rekha Patel Story.

HP is right. They will have to privately list the home, which will lower the pool of potential buyers, and probably the price.

* - actually #3, but the top two are a different person named Rekha Patel, and a Facebook disambiguation page.
rumpelstilzchen

AndyPandy wrote:
rumpelstilzchen wrote:I assume that it is beyond all realms of possibility there has been an offer by Rekha to pay the bill?
Must admit this did cross my mind, maybe her parents helped again, but then again if that had happened she would already have moved back in, so I think unlikely.
If the story about there being twenty-four hour security guards at the property is true I don't think she would be able to move straight back in. She would have to wait until all the legal niceties have been completed.
Although I highly doubt such an offer has been made we cannot dismiss it completely.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:Although I highly doubt such an offer has been made we cannot dismiss it completely.
I think if any positive outcome for Ms Patel were imminent, the news of it would be circulating through the Rekhasphere. So far I've not seen any.
rumpelstilzchen

TheNewSaint wrote:
I think if any positive outcome for Ms Patel were imminent, the news of it would be circulating through the Rekhasphere. So far I've not seen any.
I would tend to disagree. If Rekha does pay the debt she will say nothing until she has moved back in and then we will be told about how she has beaten the system.
BHF wrote:
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

If Wrecka had anything going I'm pretty sure we would know about it, she's not one to hide her light or her stupid under a bushel.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

AndyPandy wrote:
Is that possible? The Court has ordered the property sold, for no less than.... would an offer to settle now require a new hearing and an overriding order?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

Gregg wrote:
AndyPandy wrote:
Is that possible? The Court has ordered the property sold, for no less than.... would an offer to settle now require a new hearing and an overriding order?
She could apply to Court to overturn the Order, if payment has been negotiated the Solicitors would do a Witness Statement to state they have no objection as the matter has now been settled, wouldn't necessarily mean any hearing had to be held.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

AndyPandy wrote:
Gregg wrote:
AndyPandy wrote:
She could apply to Court to overturn the Order, if payment has been negotiated the Solicitors would do a Witness Statement to state they have no objection as the matter has now been settled, wouldn't necessarily mean any hearing had to be held.
Given her track record, I doubt that any judge would reverse the order until the TOTAL amount owed had actually been paid, not merely promised. IOW, she might sign the papers today, but wouldn't be allowed back in until the deal actually closed.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

Perhaps she will try to pay with an Letter of Credit, a form 1099OID, a Promissory note, Giro, a or use her Birth Bond. The possibilities of her craziness are endless.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

NYGman wrote:Perhaps she will try to pay with an Letter of Credit, a form 1099OID, a Promissory note, Giro, a or use her Birth Bond. The possibilities of her craziness are endless.
Or Re ??
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

NYGman wrote:Perhaps she will try to pay with an Letter of Credit, a form 1099OID, a Promissory note, Giro, a or use her Birth Bond. The possibilities of her craziness are endless.
Definitely a possibility but doesn't sound much in keeping with her particular brand of cray cray. Of course she may not have gotten that far yet. I'm equally sure she's not done yet.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

notorial dissent wrote: Definitely a possibility but doesn't sound much in keeping with her particular brand of cray cray. Of course she may not have gotten that far yet. I'm equally sure she's not done yet.
Reminds me of the old adage, If at first your crazy doesn't succeed, try (another crazy), try again.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I don't see Rekha simply paying the debt, since she has long argued it is invalid (most recently calling it "financial rape"). But, other FMOTLheads have suddenly abandoned their principles and paid up when shit got real enough. I think it's unlikely, but I don't rule it out.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Gregg wrote:
AndyPandy wrote:
Her parents could buy it (again) if they have the means. The neighbour's insurer will just want this over and settled, so if Mr & Mrs Patel offered £225k I suspect they would happily sell. The insurer would deduct their costs, which must be hovering around £100k now, and send the surplus to Wrecka (who would presumably return it to family). The pace of events is the interesting question. Unless the Patels are represented by a reputable lawyer who is offering immediate payment by a verified bank draft, I cannot imagine the insurers would take the house off the market.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Hercule Parrot wrote:Her parents could buy it (again) if they have the means. The neighbour's insurer will just want this over and settled, so if Mr & Mrs Patel offered £225k I suspect they would happily sell. The insurer would deduct their costs, which must be hovering around £100k now, and send the surplus to Wrecka (who would presumably return it to family). The pace of events is the interesting question. Unless the Patels are represented by a reputable lawyer who is offering immediate payment by a verified bank draft, I cannot imagine the insurers would take the house off the market.
There's no point in them buying the place. I think Gregg is correct in that there would have to be another court hearing where it is shown that the money is ready to go to settle the various debts. So the Rekha side of the dispute needs to have about £100k in readies to settle now. I can't see that happening and I can't see them raising it both amount and timescale -wise.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self