Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

daveBeeston
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by daveBeeston »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:
daveBeeston wrote:so it has nothing to do with them being ruled a period feature.
According to the Daily Fail article link above:
Representing herself, Miss Patel was found against by a judge.

He ruled stones belonging to the neighbour, a 'key architectural feature' had been removed, ordered she pay costs and damages, and denied an appeal.
How do you get from "Ruled key Architectural feature" to your comment of "court had decided the destruction of period features is wrong"? Because from what i've read that was never said/printed anywhere other than by you.
And how do you know for sure that the daily mail are correct in that aspect after all you call them the daily fail which would suggest you don't trust/like them.

My house has features that are Key Architectural features but they are in no way period features.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Never argue with an idiot,they drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
LordEd

Post by LordEd »

If she hadn't nailed the 2x4s to the door, it would have had much less damage. The large flat tool would have pried the door away from the frame and popped it open.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
I don't think it has anything to do with the HCEO's intellect or appreciation of architecture. For some reason they always seem to go in through the door, and by arduous manual methods with inadequate tools. I assume there's a legal or procedural reason for this.

There are newer, better ways to enter a building by warrant. The Police use various hydraulic ram devices, and there are cordless saws and cutters which would do it more quickly and less destructively. A fire axe or demolition hammer with chisel bit, for example. Or as someone said above, go in through a window.

It's dismal to see a crowd of bailiffs bashing away for 20 minutes like this - a waste of their time and energy, needlessly destructive and also too easy for onlookers to jeer at. If it were done when 'tis done, then 'twere well it were done quickly
My understanding from the video is that there were people stood behind the door trying to block entry which is probably why they didn't just bash it off the hinges with a ram. Otherwise people behind the door would likely have been injured, hence a period feature door had to be irrecoverably damaged to gain entry.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

LordEd wrote:If she hadn't nailed the 2x4s to the door, it would have had much less damage. The large flat tool would have pried the door away from the frame and popped it open.
If she hadn't been stupid and arrogant in the first place, got the right consents she wouldn't have been ordered to pay £70k+ in costs.

Stupidity and arrogance - there's no cure and she's teaching children, the mind boggles at what she's imparting to them !
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

daveBeeston wrote:How do you get from "Ruled key Architectural feature" to your comment of "court had decided the destruction of period features is wrong"? Because from what i've read that was never said/printed anywhere other than by you.
It is mentioned occasionally. The planning board letter to Patel posted above says "you may have to seek the Conservation Officer's agreement to such works," and makes other references to how the historic nature of the home impacts the kind of repairs that can be done. But that is mostly irrelevant to the dispute.

The dispute is a simple case of a co-owner in a shared property ignoring the rights of other co-owners. Patel undertook renovations on an adjoining home that would impact someone else's property, without getting their permission, after being explicitly told to do so. She was taken to court, lost, and then ignored a lengthy series of legal actions against her.
Last edited by TheNewSaint on Sun Jun 26, 2016 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

AndyPandy wrote:If she hadn't been stupid and arrogant in the first place, got the right consents she wouldn't have been ordered to pay £70k+ in costs.

Stupidity and arrogance - there's no cure and she's teaching children, the mind boggles at what she's imparting to them !
This Patel woman sounds like a psychopath. Getting permission to do work on a shared structure is not an elusive concept to most people. And to those it is, losing in court and racking up five-figure expenses is enough to make them see the light. Not this one. This thak stone business doesn't sound like a £70k problem, but she made it one. She ignored everyone else's wishes, then, when she lost in a fair trial, ignored that and started making up stories. It does call her suitablity for teaching children into question.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

TheNewSaint wrote:
AndyPandy wrote:If she hadn't been stupid and arrogant in the first place, got the right consents she wouldn't have been ordered to pay £70k+ in costs.

This Patel woman sounds like a psychopath. Getting permission to do work on a shared structure is not an elusive concept to most people. And to those it is, losing in court and racking up five-figure expenses is enough to make them see the light. Not this one. This thak stone business doesn't sound like a £70k problem, but she made it one. She ignored everyone else's wishes, then, when she lost in a fair trial, ignored that and started making up stories. It does call her suitablity for teaching children into question.
Especially, bearing in mind she's purported to be a maths teacher she doesn't appear to be capable of basic maths

-1 Thak stone + 1 pissed off neighbour = £70k costs.

Surely a first grader could get that one !! :snicker:
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

wanglepin wrote:Ceylon tells us that the bailiffs are not allowed to smash their way in.
Unfortunately the Police didn't share that view. I was impressed with their handling of this incident, they turned up in force and made clear how things were going to be. More of that please.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

SomeGuyOnCAG wrote:Not only did the teacher's builders saw off rare water-tabling features from the neighbour's grade2 listed property without Party Wall Notice, but also the teacher and builders spent the summer holidays of 2011 digging down to soil beneath the footings of the party wall in order to lay underfloor heating.

This, despite teacher being told by the council's building control officer in May 2011 not to dig any deeper than the stone floor slabs. Both houses are grade 2 listed, 18th century, no foundations just flagstones on clay soil. Neighbour's house is on land 2 ft higher so relies on party wall of teacher's older house. Five-year crack monitoring on neighbour's house until 2017. Teacher's builders also overloaded scaffold with heavy stone roof tiles and placed accro foot on neighbour's drain which cracked 100-year-old pot gulley causing £850 worth of damage.

Neighbour tried to sort it out amicably at first but teacher believed she was in the right. Both parties then went to mediation but teacher wanted compensation. Teacher has been given 10 weeks from 1st April to pay her outstanding 6 years worth of legal bills including 2 appeals at the High Court.

She refuses to pay. Prefers to orchestrate a media campaign including cage fighter, FMoTL Chrisy Morris, M.E.N and Daily Mirror, Youtube, FB, Glossop Chronicle - so far. Has told her pupils in class that she is writing a book about this. She took 6 months sick leave last year and is currently off sick with "stress". She has made a speech on eviction day about "the racist neighbour next door" and organised a "march" on Father's Day to reclaim her house where she made further speeches to 20 mostly family in what was once her garden, but they were effectively trespassing.
SomeGuyOnCAG wrote:She has also been sending the neighbour documents, monthly, attesting that she is a "student of the Chief Federal Judge, David Wynn Miller". containing her fingerprint signature and pictures of the American Flag. these docs state that the neighbour is in breach of International Maritime Law and The Rescissions Act. The Youtube clips show one of the film crew stating he too is a student of said judge and that the neighbour is using 'fraudulent conveyance of language'.
http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk/fo ... oTL./page2
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

Dose Rekha even know what The Rescissions Act is. Actually there are two 1946 and 1995
The 1946 was an unjust act that reclassified the legal status of Filipino servicesmen who served in US armed forces during WW2 so they could be denied veteran benefits, the 1995 is about grazing rights on federal land, in what way have either of these acts got to do with this case.
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

wanglepin wrote:Ceylon tells us that the bailiffs are not allowed to smash their way in.
And again Ceylon shows us he is wrong. High Court Enforcement Officers, as these fine gentlemen in the videos are, have more rights than bailiffs including forced entry under certain circumstances. I'm not sure exactly what circumstances permit forced entry into residential property as Google doesn't yield much useful information; it may only apply to certain types of writ.

But clearly it is permissible under certain circumstances otherwise the Police would be arresting the guys trying to bust the door open.
-=Firthy2002=-

TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

SomeGuyOnCAG wrote:She has also been sending the neighbour documents, monthly, attesting that she is a "student of the Chief Federal Judge, David Wynn Miller".
Ugh. This guy:
David Wynn Miller wrote:~1 FOR THIS FEDERAL-JUDGE: David-Wynn: Miller's-KNOWLEDGE OF THESE CORRECT-SENTENCE-STRUCTURES-COMMUNICATION-PARSE-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR=(C.-S.-S.-C.-P.-S.-G.) IS WITH THE CLAIMS BY THE QUANTUM-PARSE-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR-NOW-TIME-WRITTEN-COMMUNICATION-FACTS WITH THE DOCUMENT-CONTRACT-DUTY-FEDERAL-JUDGE-AUTHORITY: TITLE~42: D.-C.-C.-S.-~1986 WITH THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE FRAUDULENT-PARSE-SYNTAX-GRAMMAR-MODIFICATIONS AND WITH THE CONTRACTING-AUTHORITY OF THE STOPPING AND: CORRECTING OF THE FALSE AND MISLEADING-STATEMENTS, FICTIONAL-LANGUAGE, WITH AN AUTOGRAPH-CONFESSION OF THE PERSONAL-WRONG-VOLITION WITH THE QUANTUM-GRAMMAR-OPERATIONAL-CERTIFICATION-FRONTWARDS AND BACKWARDS WITH THE CERTIFICATION OF THE KNOWLEDGE AND WITH THE VOLITION OF THE CONSPIRACY WITH THE GRAMMAR-FRAUD. FOR THE LYING-TOGETHER OR WITH THE LAYING-TOGETHER.
That's the first paragraph of his website. The rest of it makes even less sense. He and his unique writing style have come to the attention of Quatloos many times before. Interesting that he's still presenting himself as a federal judge, since he's been told to knock that off at least once.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:I feel like everyone is ganging up on me. But that's OK, I quite like it. :lol:
At this point I should confess that when it comes to period features, I am an out and out geek. If you were to ever to visit a magnificent house and see someone photographing the fourteen inch high ornate skirting boards, that someone would be me. You really should see my collection. :lol:
No, I'm sorry, but I cannot bear to see such destruction. I do not care who is to blame, I do not care who owes who. Sometimes you need to step back and pause. No one who appreciates real craftsmanship would have been able to destroy that door. That is why, in my opinion, those HCEOs came across as moronic thugs. They obviously do not appreciate such things. But once they're gone, they are gone for good. It is a shame.
I am only voicing my opinion. I do not expect anyone to agree with me. :D
So why weren't you out there with Baldric when he was digging up half of England?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

Look......the point I am trying to make is.......I know it is Ms Patel's stupidity that is the root cause of this, Ms Patel is wholly to blame........but.....in my opinion, and this is only my opinion mind you, when this type of destruction occurs it is not only the homeowner who loses out. We all lose.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

snip ...these docs state that the neighbour is in breach of International Maritime Law...
Well, that's the problem right there, she needed this whole thing to have been tried in the Common Law Admiralty Court, with gold fringe on the flag, held at a Denny's on a ferry in the middle of the English (and the damned EU darkies and muslims can't use it!) Channel.

Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
YiamCross

Post by YiamCross »

Erm, Gregg, Brittany Ferries? French ship? FFS man, pull yourself together.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Rumpelstilzkin: the door that got bashed in by Court Enforcement Officers was 20th century. So don't worry, it wasn't a listed architectural feature. The only reason it stood up to 20 mins worth of pulverising is because it had three 2x4 planks of wood screwed into the door frame. I hope that puts your mind at ease.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

YiamCross wrote:Erm, Gregg, Brittany Ferries? French ship? FFS man, pull yourself together.
I did kind of make a mess of that, didn't I?
:oops:
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
JamesVincent
A Councilor of the Kabosh

Post by JamesVincent »

Gregg wrote:
YiamCross wrote:Erm, Gregg, Brittany Ferries? French ship? FFS man, pull yourself together.
I did kind of make a mess of that, didn't I?
:oops:
Just a little one
Disciple of the cross and champion in suffering
Immerse yourself into the kingdom of redemption
Pardon your mind through the chains of the divine
Make way, the shepherd of fire

Avenged Sevenfold "Shepherd of Fire"
Firthy2002

Post by Firthy2002 »

https://www.facebook.com/events/1201970119822754/

I guess too many people are too busy being Tom Crawfraud to be Rekha... :D
-=Firthy2002=-