Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

BoomerSooner17
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

How dare you slander such a master tactician as Rekha "One-Woman-Army" Patel? As for her current situation, it's only a minor setback. Even tactical/strategic geniuses make mistakes. Hell, sometimes they even invade Russia! :sarcasmon:
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
daltontrumbno
Captain
Captain

Post by daltontrumbno »

I wonder how it went in court, if indeed she showed up. Nothing from Rekha or any of the usual suspects Peters, Shembala or Thompson not even her old pal Chrisy has said a word.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

daltontrumbno wrote:I wonder how it went in court, if indeed she showed up. Nothing from Rekha or any of the usual suspects Peters, Shembala or Thompson not even her old pal Chrisy has said a word.
Yet again we know it wasn't a win because it would have been all over the internet by 11:00 if she had.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Yet again we know it wasn't a win because it would have been all over the internet by 11:00 if she had.
It may be because she needs to compose another epic post, this time describing how the entire raison d'etre of the universe from the first femtosecond after the 'Big Bang' to the present day has been solely to bring her to her present state. Image
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

This is Wrekha we're talking about, and since there was only really one result, lose, so,
  • 1) she didn't show up,
    2) she threw a hissy fit of one kind or another and got banged up for contempt for her efforts,
    3) she got banged up for her actions,
    4) she meekly accepted defeat and the sentence of the court.

Ranking most likely to least, I would go 1) 3) 2) (4.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

It's been so quiet on the woo-sphere, I had to ring Stockport Magistrates for the facts:
Rekha Patel was fined £1,076 and has a criminal conviction for Obstructing a Court Enforcement Officer. Her fine is broken down as £660, plus victim surcharge of £66 and costs of £350.
Co-accused Cheryl Leezack from Toxteth was fined £600 (£220, plus £30 victim surcharge plus £350 costs).
Court couldn't tell me if they turned up or not as it's all recorded as "proved in absence" anyway due to them not giving their names.
Another Big Win :lol:
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Thanks for checking that.
letissier14

Post by letissier14 »

He Who Knows wrote:It's been so quiet on the woo-sphere, I had to ring Stockport Magistrates for the facts:
Rekha Patel was fined £1,076 and has a criminal conviction for Obstructing a Court Enforcement Officer. Her fine is broken down as £660, plus victim surcharge of £66 and costs of £350.
Co-accused Cheryl Leezack from Toxteth was fined £600 (£220, plus £30 victim surcharge plus £350 costs).
Court couldn't tell me if they turned up or not as it's all recorded as "proved in absence" anyway due to them not giving their names.
I wonder how long it will be before they arrest her for refusing to pay her fine
I don't take sides, I read all the facts and then come to my own conclusions
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

letissier14 wrote:
He Who Knows wrote:It's been so quiet on the woo-sphere, I had to ring Stockport Magistrates for the facts:
I wonder how long it will be before they arrest her for refusing to pay her fine
Looks like )1 was it whether legally or factually then.

Do they actually arrest people for not paying fines with all the other stuff they tend to ignore?
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote:Do they actually arrest people for not paying fines with all the other stuff they tend to ignore?
They certainly do but I think the cops leave it until they have nothing better to do. Mid-week daytime is usually a quiet time for the wallopers.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
Siegfried Shrink

Veterans of 'beating the bailffs' will remenber that many of the enforcement activities were connected with unpaid fines, and I mean unpaid court fines, not merely parking tickets. The process is lengthy and somewhat sporadic, so it may take six months before anything that would actually impact the offender, happened to them. Options could include arrest and appearance in court (ignoring a court fine is contempt of court) or more practically a warrent to seize goods to pay the fine.

Whatever happens, it is unlikley to happen soon.
ArthurWankspittle

Isn't Rekha in straight PAYE employment? In which case taking it out of her wages is the obvious way to go.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Siegfried Shrink

They can't do that immediately, they still need to do the procedure for non payers and she may not be in employment by then. At least, I'd not put any money on her continued employment.

She could agree now to pay a weekly or monthly amount with the agreement of the court, which is usually not a problem, but this indicates an approach that we have not come to associate with her.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

longdog wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Do they actually arrest people for not paying fines with all the other stuff they tend to ignore?
They certainly do but I think the cops leave it until they have nothing better to do. Mid-week daytime is usually a quiet time for the wallopers.
I was fined a while ago, agreed to pay £50 per month but somehow miscalculated and missed the last £50 payment. Two months later and the fines officer arrived with a copper in tow all ready to arrest me, no letter or warning nothing, just turned up.

The problem they'll have with Rekha is that she's currently of 'no fixed abode' and she's not working, so they may turn up at her place of work, which will go down like a lead balloon with the head, but they won't find her as she's been off sick for months hasn't she ??
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

It would be a very interesting exercise after Wrecker's house has been sold to take the total amount of money that she has lost and then dividing it by the amount of thackstones she removed. That would then tell us how much each thackstone has cost her. That figure could then be known as a Thackstone and could sit alongside a Crawford etc etc as a unit to describe a footle's loss.
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

notorial dissent wrote: Do they actually arrest people for not paying fines with all the other stuff they tend to ignore?[/color][/b]
One interesting aspect of not paying fines is that even if the original offence isn’t imprisonable not paying a fine usually is.

Which is why we have people in prison for, in effect, not having a TV licence. They didn’t get a licence, an offence without imprisonment as a sentencing option, so were fined. They then either couldn’t afford the fine any more than a licence, or in some cases perhaps simply chose not to pay it. Then they were arrested and prosecuted for non-payment of the fine and a custodial sentence handed down for non-payment.

The process, like most things to do with the courts, may not be rapid but non-payment of fines tends to catch up with miscreants eventually.
The Seventh String

rumpelstilzchen wrote:That figure could then be known as a Thackstone and could sit alongside a Crawford etc etc as a unit to describe a footle's loss.
Maybe a “Thackstone” might be a measure of the scale of the “negative victory”? The cost of doing things the “proper” way as a proportion of what it cost to mess about for ages trying to do it the FOTL way.

For example.

Cost of doing <whatever> the “proper” way = £1,000.

Actual cost to FOTL after doing it their way = £10,000.

Therefore Thackstone Quotient = 10.

Just a thought.
The Seventh String

AndyPandy wrote: The problem they'll have with Rekha is that she's currently of 'no fixed abode' and she's not working, so they may turn up at her place of work, which will go down like a lead balloon with the head, but they won't find her as she's been off sick for months hasn't she ??
I rather suspect the police have ways of tracking down people with arrest warrants on their head that go beyond just their last known address and workplace.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Well, she sure as heck doesn't have much left in the way of assets to seize that already haven't been. She might soon be unemployed.

I would suspect that her current employers will now take a dim view of someone who's been convicted, fined, is of no fixed abode, has been on sick leave for months & necessitated the costly provision of a supply teacher. Anyone know how patient an educational establishment has to be?

That lack of an address and the manner of her loss of job should give her difficulties in obtaining benefits.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
ArthurWankspittle

Wakeman52 wrote:That lack of an address and the manner of her loss of job should give her difficulties in obtaining benefits.
Lack of address is circumventable. Getting benefits speedily if she loses her job could be another matter. My guess is she is being subsidised by mummy and daddy. I also hope she doesn't drive because the NFA and the conviction should be reported to her insurer.