Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

King Lud
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by King Lud »

That is a lovely little cottage. What a very silly woman.
Firthy2002
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Firthy2002 »

If I had the funds and the motive, I would seriously consider buying it and relocating myself to the area.
-=Firthy2002=-

Watching idiots dig themselves into holes since 2016.
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

King Lud wrote:That is a lovely little cottage. What a very silly woman.
Yes, but it's the principle that matters, you see. Wrecka can't accept these appalling bullies making her pay the costs of her own reckless misjudgement, she has it fight it all the way to the end. She's a special snowflake, and the ordinary rules don't apply to her.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Firthy2002 wrote:If I had the funds and the motive, I would seriously consider buying it and relocating myself to the area.
If it follows the "Crawford" path you won't need to pay anything like £225,000 for it. :naughty:
I have seen the place and it is very nice in an old world, English cottage way. Useful that it has a garage as the parking and on road parking round there looks to be in short supply - it is a narrow, possibly un-adopted, private road of a typical width for something that age. You are uphill of and about a mile out of the centre of Glossop https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glossop .
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

Glossop? Is that anything like Marmite? Or is it more like Haggis?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
King Lud wrote:That is a lovely little cottage. What a very silly woman.
Yes, but it's the principle that matters, you see. Wrecka can't accept these appalling bullies making her pay the costs of her own reckless misjudgement, she has it fight it all the way to the end. She's a special snowflake, and the ordinary rules don't apply to her.
I think the precious snowflake comment is extremely on point. I get the impression that she has NEVER had to be responsible for anything she has ever done, and so has just continued on her merry way doing whatever she feels like. So therefore she can't possibly be responsible for what has happened here ans the mean awful courts and people are picking on her.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Dr. Caligari wrote:Glossop? Is that anything like Marmite? Or is it more like Haggis?
Whenever i see the word, i always imagine Honoria Glossop giving Rekha a good wallop for being so fundamentally unsound.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

grixit wrote:
Dr. Caligari wrote:Glossop? Is that anything like Marmite? Or is it more like Haggis?
Whenever i see the word, i always imagine Honoria Glossop giving Rekha a good wallop for being so fundamentally unsound.

There is a limerick running around in there somewhere.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
Pottapaug1938
Supreme Prophet (Junior Division)

Post by Pottapaug1938 »

It sounds like a private activity, between consenting adults, which would be inappropriate to discuss here.
"We've been attacked by the intelligent, educated segment of the culture." -- Pastor Ray Mummert, Dover, PA, during an attempt to introduce creationism -- er, "intelligent design", into the Dover Public Schools
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

I’d be quite curious to see the information the vendor has to provide to potential purchasers. Particularly the bits about whether there have been any disputes with neighbours, or problems concerning the party wall between the house and next door.

If the information has to indicate whether or not the previous owner is mad as a March hare, refuses to accept the property is no longer their property to live in, ignores the court order that it be sold to cover debts and turns up and trespasses from time to time accompanied by equally bonkers mates, that just might have a negative influence on the price achieved at sale.

Quite a negative influence. And the last place Rekha Patel or anyone else needs to be is where their house has been sold but the sale price hasn’t covered the various debts and charges against the property, so they have no house and still owe shed-loads of money.

All in all a lesson in how to bankrupt yourself the very hard way - take a a small, managable debt and entirely through your own obstinacy turn it into a huge one.
BoomerSooner17

Post by BoomerSooner17 »

The Seventh String wrote: All in all a lesson in how to bankrupt yourself the very hard way - take a a small, managable debt and entirely through your own obstinacy turn it into a huge one.
From my limited time on Quatloos, I'd say that that is about the most succinct and accurate description of sovcits/tax protestors/FMOTLs that I've heard so far. Or, in the words of Sir Winston Spencer Churchill, "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed (but not paid), by so few to so many."
"Never in the field of human conflict, was so much owed (but not paid), by so few, to so many." - Sir Winston Churchill
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

I am still of the opinion that Wrekha and her pals are going to be a severe impediment to the sale, and I would think to the tile's quiet enjoyment. Twere it me, I wouldn't touch the place without there being a permanent injunction against her coming anywhere near the place for any reason. Since I don't see her obeying any new court orders any more than she obeyed the old ones I would see that as a major issue.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
The Observer
Further Moderator

Post by The Observer »

BoomerSooner17 wrote:From my limited time on Quatloos, I'd say that that is about the most succinct and accurate description of sovcits/tax protestors/FMOTLs that I've heard so far. Or, in the words of Sir Winston Spencer Churchill, "Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed (but not paid), by so few to so many."
You should probably turn that quote into your signature, Boomer.
"I could be dead wrong on this" - Irwin Schiff

"Do you realize I may even be delusional with respect to my income tax beliefs? " - Irwin Schiff
ArthurWankspittle

The Seventh String wrote:I’d be quite curious to see the information the vendor has to provide to potential purchasers. Particularly the bits about whether there have been any disputes with neighbours, or problems concerning the party wall between the house and next door.
We have discussed this previously and my opinion is that the estate agents don't disclose it but the selling solicitor does. It does raise an interesting point, though, as to who the seller is, I say it is Rekha. Now the selling solicitors should disclose the issues with the neighbour because they know about them. However, I can't see that they will get any help off Rekha over anything else they should be disclosing, so I see no reason why Rekha couldn't be on the hook for any other undisclosed issues.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

If I recall correctly the sale was supposed to be managed by the neighbour's solicitors. That raises interesting aspects in terms on interest. Neither they nor the neighbours themselves have anything to gain by maximising the sale price, so long as it covers what they're owed. Presumably that's why the court ordered it to be marketed for not less than £225K. However as solicitors do they owe any duty to look after Ms Patel's interests?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

notorial dissent wrote:I wouldn't touch the place without there being a permanent injunction against her coming anywhere near the place for any reason.
Which raises a question I've been wondering: can an individual request such an order in the UK?

I'm on an HOA board in the US, and we've used ban-and-bar orders to help rid the building of undesirables.
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

can an individual request such an order in the UK?
Given that we have a firm called 'Injunctions Direct', it seems so!
http://www.injunction-direct.com/
longdog

Post by longdog »

TheNewSaint wrote:Which raises a question I've been wondering: can an individual request such an order in the UK?
I think pretty much anybody can apply to court for an injunction against anybody for anything. Getting the injunction would be another matter of course.

In RP's case her previous behaviour would probably warrant an injunction against attending the property and could be applied for by the new owner (if it sells) or the solicitor handling the sale. They'd probably get it.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
ArthurWankspittle

aesmith wrote:If I recall correctly the sale was supposed to be managed by the neighbour's solicitors. That raises interesting aspects in terms on interest. Neither they nor the neighbours themselves have anything to gain by maximising the sale price, so long as it covers what they're owed. Presumably that's why the court ordered it to be marketed for not less than £225K. However as solicitors do they owe any duty to look after Ms Patel's interests?
I would think they have a duty to act as independently as possible. I would expect them to ask Ms Patel the required questions but suspect they might not get any answers. This is what I am getting at with other actions. Suppose, for example, someone damaged their neighbours property and was forced by a court to sell to compensate them, with the neighbour's solicitor conducting the sale. Suppose the same house owner did an "Ed and Elaine Brown" (it's on here somewhere and some people will know what I'm talking about) and, say, filled the underfloor with a few hundred pounds of Tannerite. Several months down the line the new owner discovers this and isn't happy (understatement). Depending on who asked what and who replied, I think the previous owner would still be liable even though the court ordered the sale and the process was carried out by the neighbour's solicitor.
ArthurWankspittle

longdog wrote:In RP's case her previous behaviour would probably warrant an injunction against attending the property and could be applied for by the new owner (if it sells) or the solicitor handling the sale. They'd probably get it.
Also, would have even better case if RP and hangers-on repeated turning up after the new owner had taken possession.