Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by jcolvin2 »

longdog wrote:
Siegfried Shrink wrote: To me, 'fairly new' is anything younger than I am. So half a century is no problem, I'm still grumpy about the phasing out of the green pound note with the picture of the Bank of England on it, and the white fiver.
Quite clearly this is a nonsensical way of looking at things. A far more rational attitude is to divide history into 'BJ' and 'AJ' being 'Before Jam' and 'After Jam'. Before Jam is ancient history whereas 'After Jam' denotes recent history defined as being from the time The Jam split up... 1982 in the CE/BCE system. :mrgreen:
The BJ/AJ system would work for me, though probably not for most of the other US-based posters.
My first Jam album was Setting Sons. That and All Mod Cons formed an essential part of the soundtrack to my college years. (While All Mod Cons was released before Setting Sons, I had to scour the import racks at the local Tower Records for almost a year to obtain a copy of All Mod Cons.) Songs like Down in the Tube Station at Midnight, Burning Sky, Going Underground, When You're Young and Eton Rifles have held up in a way that most music from that time period has not. Unfortunately, the Jam never really built much of a fan base in the US, and most people at my college smiled blankly and ignored me when I attempted to pass on my new musical discovery. After the Jam disbanded, I really tried to like Paul Weller's various post-Jam projects, but could never develop the same enthusiasm.
Penny Wise
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Penny Wise »

You guys will be the death of me, I keep thinking that there is a new post, hopefully detailing what happened Friday but there isn't
Wanna balloon?
Siegfried Shrink
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

Burnaby49 wrote:
I once tried to pay for a beer and a bacon sandwich in a pub in London with one of the old pounds (this was back in the 90s) to find they were no longer legal tender. A pound note isn't legal in Britain? Same thing happened this year with a five pound note. Britain is the only first-world country I'm aware of which actually invalidates its own currency.
The snag there is the difference between 'legal tender' and redeemable. Take your old notes to a bank and get face value. Try to spend them and the vendor does not have to take them. I'd be happy to because I can bank them. Plus I know all the extinct types having lived through them back to the purple pound notes of the war years. Bank of England notes back to the 18th century are redeemable for face value, you'd just not do it because the collectable value of early notes far outweighs the face value.

So let's not diss Britain! Concentrate your ire on Switzerland, the scoundrels demonitise note issues every 20 years or so, making them totally fiscally worthless. Although they do have collector value. Obviously the Swiss give plebty of notice so the locals are not really inconvenienced, unless they have a big stash of cash money hidden away, then it's a bit of a downer to come back for your millions in Swiss francs to find they were demonitsed a few years ago. Which is the point of the exercise. Lets keep that cash public so we can tax it.
The Euro rendered many countries banknotes non legal tender. The more solvent countries like Germany still redeem old DM notes, poorer ones cancelled redemption a few years ago. I have quite a few high denomination pre Euro notes in my collection that are essentially worthless.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

I took the fiver to a bank and exchanged it. The guy behind the bar at the pub was so intrigued by the old note he took it as a souvenir. So I wasn't out of pocket.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

jcolvin2 wrote:The BJ/AJ system would work for me, though probably not for most of the other US-based posters.
My first Jam album was Setting Sons. That and All Mod Cons formed an essential part of the soundtrack to my college years. (While All Mod Cons was released before Setting Sons, I had to scour the import racks at the local Tower Records for almost a year to obtain a copy of All Mod Cons.) Songs like Down in the Tube Station at Midnight, Burning Sky, Going Underground, When You're Young and Eton Rifles have held up in a way that most music from that time period has not. Unfortunately, the Jam never really built much of a fan base in the US, and most people at my college smiled blankly and ignored me when I attempted to pass on my new musical discovery. After the Jam disbanded, I really tried to like Paul Weller's various post-Jam projects, but could never develop the same enthusiasm.
Just for you, a little English satire: http://southendnewsnetwork.com/news/sou ... bly-wrong/
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I like the Jam, but i prefer the Style Council.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

The New York City school system has a strange program. For some reason they have trouble getting around to examining accusations against teachers, so they just reclassify them as reserve. There's a place they have to report to every day, but they have no duties. They just get paid to be there. A lot of them take the opportunity to further their own education or work on projects. Others just rack up computer game points.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Stockport Magistrates Court are open now and quite happy to tell you that Thelma & Louise are next due in court on 28th November. The 2 accused turned up last Friday but presumably didn't give their names (classed as "no appearance in answer to bail") so the DJ has issued a warrant with bail dated to 28/11/17. Presumably the police have to find them first - tricky when one has no fixed abode.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

He Who Knows wrote:Stockport Magistrates Court are open now and quite happy to tell you that Thelma & Louise are next due in court on 28th November. The 2 accused turned up last Friday but presumably didn't give their names (classed as "no appearance in answer to bail") so the DJ has issued a warrant with bail dated to 28/11/17. Presumably the police have to find them first - tricky when one has no fixed abode.
3 months, are they having a laugh !!
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

AndyPandy wrote: 3 months, are they having a laugh !!
District Judge John Temperley does appear to have quite a sense of humour :D
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
ArthurWankspittle

AndyPandy wrote:
He Who Knows wrote:Stockport Magistrates Court are open now and quite happy to tell you that Thelma & Louise are next due in court on 28th November. The 2 accused turned up last Friday but presumably didn't give their names (classed as "no appearance in answer to bail") so the DJ has issued a warrant with bail dated to 28/11/17. Presumably the police have to find them first - tricky when one has no fixed abode.
3 months, are they having a laugh !!
That's probably normal for legal calendar availability. I don't know what the next step is after November if they don't show up. Any ideas?
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

It should be no problem. I have it on absolutely unreliable authority that either the planet Nibiru or the book of Revalations will have brought the apocalypse by September the 23rd. In the meantime Rekha racks up another 3 months wages.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

Well, there's a bench warrant for her arrest, isn't there?

I don't imagine that she is very high on the police's list of wanted fugitives. I doubt that they will expend a great deal of effort trying to find her. After all, she's not a serial killer and she hasn't robbed the Bank of England.

OTOH, she is a school teacher. If she shows up for the first day of class, they can easily arrest her then. If she doesn't show up for class, the school board can probably fire her on the grounds that she abandoned her job.

Meanwhile, the court will continue with the process of selling her house to pay the judgements against her. In the US, I believe that failure to appear for such hearings would make if very difficult for her to appeal an almost certain adverse ruling.

Do British schools shut down for the summer, the way they do in the US? Do teachers get paid for that time off? Here, most school districts pay teachers only for the school year. Many allow the teacher to voluntarily spread the payments out over twelve months, or take it all during the nine months that school is in session. What I'm getting at is that she may not be receiving a paycheck right now.
rosy

Post by rosy »

Schools have six weeks or so of holiday in the summer. In England that's usually the last week or ten days of July, the whole of August and a couple of days in September depending on where the first Monday in September falls.

Salaries are paid over the whole year, so if Rekha is still employed by the local education authority she'll have had her salary paid into her account at the end of July and she will get paid again at the end of August.

As you say, the process of selling her house will carry on regardless of the criminal case, although the chance of getting a high price for it is diminishing for every day it lies empty.
notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Post by notorial dissent »

Wrecka isn't particularly smart, or even remotely clever, so I would suspect she and her friend will do something of sufficient stupid to get them picked up before the Summer is out. I would suspect she is still out on Summer holiday at this point. I wouldn't suspect that either of them are particularly high on the most wanted list, but someone will get bored and eventually go after them, not like they'd be hard to find, and I'm sure that one of both of them have by now splashed all the gory, and incorrect details all over some faceplant page by now.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

Wrecker speaks!
A brief update, last time I wrote my family member had just had an operation and is recovering well. I have protected them from this ridiculous and outrageous situation, hence at the moment I have no fixed abode and have relied on the generosity of my friends xx I am moving all the time. Last time I wrote my home was advertised on rightmove, it is no longer on rightmove as I told the estate agent to go to land registry and look up who owns the property, I also told them the solicitors Plexus Law Limited that act on behalf of my neighbour Washington Red Juicy Apples on their last financial record available on companies House, it indicated £2 was all that they had in the bank, I explained that this I believe was to avoid any judicial consequences hence they are immune from being sued. By the end of that week they had removed the advert which was also in their top right hand corner of their shop window. I also attended court monday the 14th August, my representative asked for the magistrates name, they refused, the court clerk refused to give her name as did the woman from CPS, the reception told us that they were told not to give us any of their names....the glossop chronicle who have failed to name Washington Red Juicy Apples wrote an outrageous article where a young girl second day on the job came to observe and her notes were turned into something quite extraordinary, it was not a true account. Friday our rep was thrown out as soon the judge entered and he was told he is not allowed to represent us, we walked out with him. Our rep was told that by the Ministry Of Justice (MOJ) that magistrates court have nothing to do with them and he must go to the ombudsman...which ombudsman is the question??? a guess would be the financial ombudsman as they are purely administrative, to us everyday folk its just a commercial court, nothing to do with the judiciary. I know its sounds crazy but these are the FACTS. These people are not accountable at all, its an absolute disgrace. The bullying tactics that are used on the general public is outrageous and its beyond comprehension unless you experience it. Love as always :Rekhaben xx
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????
ArthurWankspittle

Friday our rep was thrown out as soon the judge entered and he was told he is not allowed to represent us
That would be because he isn't a lawyer. Those are the rules. You don't get to make them up yourself.
rumpelstilzchen

Post by rumpelstilzchen »

So she didn't fail to appear. That is now twice she has answered a summons to appear even though she believes the court has no jurisdiction. Why does she keep going back? It makes no sense. If the court has no jurisdiction it can be ignored can it not?

Question: How does knowing the name of a magistrate assist in defending the case?
BHF wrote:
It shows your mentality to think someone would make the effort to post something on the internet that was untrue.
longdog

Post by longdog »

rumpelstilzchen wrote:So she didn't fail to appear. That is now twice she has answered a summons to appear even though she believes the court has no jurisdiction. Why does she keep going back? It makes no sense. If the court has no jurisdiction it can be ignored can it not?

Question: How does knowing the name of a magistrate assist in defending the case?
I suspect turning up and then walking out before the hearing really gets going would be treated as a non-appearance.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
SteveUK

Post by SteveUK »

It doesn't , but this is the law according to Ya I don't know productions !
Is it SteveUK or STEVE: of UK?????