Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

notorial dissent
A Balthazar of Quatloosian Truth

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by notorial dissent »

AndyPandy wrote:
notorial dissent wrote:Aside from the fact that the request doesn't really make much in the way of sense to begin with.
When did that ever stop them !!
Not in the least, but I can't begin to imagine what the people receiving it had to think, I thought it was largely incomprehensible, and I'm not sure the answer is even within the sphere of a real FOI to begin with, let alone if it could be answered, and certainly NEVER to the questioner's satisfaction I am sure.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
Footloose52
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by Footloose52 »

But, but, but - Rekhaben Patel has achieved vexatious FOI status with just 3 requests in total and even then the first one was called out as vexatious! It took our first guru, George Tsigarides, over 100 requests to get to that heady level.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

I have read her FOI request correspondence and, like others, find it difficult to understand what she's going on about. However, it does seem to me to have an air of desperation, presumably because she can't bring any more actions to court.

I also notice that she's still giving her address as Hanover (although she's calling it Patel) Cottage. That, at least, hasn't been true for some while.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
notorial dissent

Footloose52 wrote:But, but, but - Rekhaben Patel has achieved vexatious FOI status with just 3 requests in total and even then the first one was called out as vexatious! It took our first guru, George Tsigarides, over 100 requests to get to that heady level.
Maybe they have a learning algorithm in their system that looks for certain gibberish it has learned is gibberish and just kicks them out automatically, particularly when it is regurgitated word for word.
The fact that you sincerely and wholeheartedly believe that the “Law of Gravity” is unconstitutional and a violation of your sovereign rights, does not absolve you of adherence to it.
longdog

Post by longdog »

notorial dissent wrote:
Footloose52 wrote:But, but, but - Rekhaben Patel has achieved vexatious FOI status with just 3 requests in total and even then the first one was called out as vexatious! It took our first guru, George Tsigarides, over 100 requests to get to that heady level.
Maybe they have a learning algorithm in their system that looks for certain gibberish it has learned is gibberish and just kicks them out automatically, particularly when it is regurgitated word for word.
One massive advantage of online requests for the unfortunate recipients of this drivel is that it's simplicity in itself to compare one request with all previous requests just by searching for matching text. No need to key anything in. Just highlight, find match and hey-presto.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Whenever it goes quiet on this thread one can always rely on that oracle of troof, Stef Shambala's FB drivel page:
Stef Shambala (AKA Stephanie Davis) wrote:
Manchester family&beyond, help needed ~ Rekha is now looking for people/places/homes for her beloved belongings to be loved/stored just incase some idiot disposes of them.....her home is due to be auctioned (illegally obviously) early December at a place not yet disclosed funnily enough, we need people there informing those bidding to stay well clear as it is stolen goods & will come back on them! Hoping this will all be resolved and my sis gets to move back into her gorgeous home she worked so hard for most of her life....but we need extra help as we all know how corrupt the court system is....doing nothing is NOT an option, we are NOT powerless
The cottage allegedly sold for a sum £10 grand less than she bought it for 7 years ago. MASSIVE WIN!!!1!!!
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

He Who Knows wrote:The cottage allegedly sold for a sum £10 grand less than she bought it for 7 years ago.
Bargain! Do we know when? There is nothing in her local press (the ever-reliable Glossop / Tameside sites) and the cottage is still listed by Reeds Rains.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Wakeman52 wrote:
Bargain! Do we know when? There is nothing in her local press (the ever-reliable Glossop / Tameside sites) and the cottage is still listed by Reeds Rains.
You just need to ring Reeds Rains as an "interested buyer", get talking to them a while and they tell all! It's at 'offer accepted' stage so I'm guessing it'll be a few weeks. Happy days for the neighbours - assuming it's not one of Wrecka's Footles.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

He Who Knows wrote:Wakeman52 wrote:
You just need to ring Reeds Rains as an "interested buyer", get talking to them a while and they tell all! It's at 'offer accepted' stage so I'm guessing it'll be a few weeks. Happy days for the neighbours - assuming it's not one of Wrecka's Footles.
The purchasers would have to show they could actually cough up real cash to get to the "offer accepted" stage. Not likely from Rekha's crew.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
pgk70
Swabby
Swabby

Post by pgk70 »

He Who Knows wrote: Stef Shambala (AKA Stephanie Davis) wrote:
we need people there informing those bidding to stay well clear as it is stolen goods & will come back on them!
Aside if it's already been sold or not, the genius of these people is never ending - let's try and scare away bidders so there is less competition, driving down the final price, reducing any surplus equity to the minimum.

With friends like these...
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

pgk70 wrote:
He Who Knows wrote: Stef Shambala (AKA Stephanie Davis) wrote:
we need people there informing those bidding to stay well clear as it is stolen goods & will come back on them!
Aside if it's already been sold or not, the genius of these people is never ending - let's try and scare away bidders so there is less competition, driving down the final price, reducing any surplus equity to the minimum.

With friends like these...
Shades of Tom Crawford, they just never seem to learn !
Mr Stormcrow
Tourist to Quatloosia
Tourist to Quatloosia

Post by Mr Stormcrow »

Rekha's house seems to still be on the market. It is still on the Right Move website anyway.

Now for the bargain guide price of £135,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 59447.html

If she does any more shenanigans, it might not cover her costs.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.” - George Carlin
notorial dissent

That's a lot of price drop, a serious lot of price drop.

Makes me wonder if Casa Patel isn't quite all that it was touted to be,
as in actual physical (expensive) problems or other issues of the type,

• or

that the prospect of having to deal with the crazy former owner is more and a bigger of a stumbling block than they expected.

I was under the impression, perhaps wrongly, that property in the UK, particularly in that area was going pretty quickly and at good prices.

At this rate the insurance company is going to have to take it t o barely cover their costs to date and then try and sell it later.
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

That figure is the starting price at auction, with an undisclosed reserve. Same figures as were shown in November.
notorial dissent

Ah, my mistake, I thought they were accepting offers before it went to auction.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

They may make what is called a sale by private treaty before the auction at an undisclosed price, the place may be 'under offer', which is the stage before exchange of contracts, and later, completion, but the really peculiar thing about this ad, and the so called 'Modern method of Auction' is that no date and location are given for the auction. I would think this is vital information for any auction, so it is rather unusual that there is no mention of what I consider essential information.
The Seventh String

Post by The Seventh String »

The auction will presumably be by on-line bidding, with a closing date set. Around a month seems a pretty typical duration for the “modern method of auction”.

The auction is conditional, the winner basically pays an immediate fee which reserves for them the right to exchange contracts within 28 days. The buyer can back out at any time, and if the contacts aren’t exchanged the sale is off unless the vendor agrees to a delay.

The vendor isn’t commited to having to accept the highest bid, and can also accept offers made outside the auction.

Or so I’m told by my brother-in-law who’s looking to buy a house and has been trying to get his head round the “modern auction” selling method.

All a bit weird for those of us used to more traditional auctions.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

I imagine the sovsphere would be outraged if it were discovered that someone's home was conveyed to someone else by a *treaty*.
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Mr Stormcrow wrote:Rekha's house seems to still be on the market. It is still on the Right Move website anyway.

Now for the bargain guide price of £135,000

http://www.rightmove.co.uk/property-for ... 59447.html
I suspect it will sell for significantly more - £160-170,000. It's a really nice little house, historic but tastefully modernised. I wonder if Wrecker imagines her parents will just buy her another one? Very sad tale of stubborn, selfish folly.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
mufc1959

Post by mufc1959 »

Hercule Parrot wrote:
I suspect it will sell for significantly more - £160-170,000. It's a really nice little house, historic but tastefully modernised. I wonder if Wrecker imagines her parents will just buy her another one? Very sad tale of stubborn, selfish folly.
Worst case scenario for the neighbours - her parents buy the house back for her ...