Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

JimUk1 wrote:Well you're all wrong anyway! She never had a lawful mortgage anyway according to this nutter in the comments-
Elisabeth Nolson
As the mortgage was not created with any lawful consideration it is null and void .
Yesterday at 07:23 · Like1Reply · More
Just to be clear on this (unless I have completely lost my marbles) there isn't a mortgage on Hanover Cottage. There is a court order or court ordered charge.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
longdog
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Post by longdog »

The Seventh String wrote:I wonder.

The thackstones whose absence started this ball rolling so long ago.

Will the purchaser of the property be expected to replace them? And I seem to recall that photographs of the property show that the current roof level is below that of the original roof. Will the purchaser have to restore the roof to the original height so the stones can be replaced correctly?

Might knock quite a lot off the property value if so,
Unless it's specifically made a condition of sale, which it won't be, the responsibility for the replacement of the stones remains with RP because the neighbours sued her for damages and won. The fact she hasn't actually settled the final bill with the neighbours (or their insurers) is neither here nor there when it comes to the new owner of the property... The damages/costs are for RP to pay one way or the other and it is after all her refusal to pay court ordered sums that led to her losing the house.
JULIAN: I recommend we try Per verulium ad camphorum actus injuria linctus est.
SANDY: That's your actual Latin.
HORNE: What does it mean?
JULIAN: I dunno - I got it off a bottle of horse rub, but it sounds good, doesn't it?
aesmith

Post by aesmith »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:... It is not clear wether the £5000 'Reservation fee' (plus VAT at 20%) is applied to the sale price or if it is a simple cash grab by the auction organisers for the 'convenience' of having a bit more time to complete the purchase.
Applying VAT suggests it's an auction house or agent's fee. There wouldn't be VAT if it was a down payment.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

The rightmove page says you can download the legal pack. I could see no way to do this but it might be interesting reading as it would have to included any non standard conditions, restrictive covenants, etc.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:Just to be clear on this (unless I have completely lost my marbles) there isn't a mortgage on Hanover Cottage. There is a court order or court ordered charge.
According to the copy of the Charges Register on p50 of this thread, that is correct. Ms Patel bought the property outright (for GBP162,000) in 2010. Wasn't there some thought that her parents re-mortgaged their own house to help?

Way to go, then, as an investment. In a rising property market (& some 7 years later), for it now to be auctioned with a reserve nearly GBP30,000 less is some achievement. If it goes for that reserve, how much is likely to be due to our heroine after deduction of all the costs? My guess would be around GBP35,000.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

Wakeman52 wrote: Wasn't there some thought that her parents re-mortgaged their own house to help?
Either I or someone else suggested it as a possible way to have raised the necessary cash to buy the place outright and pay for the building work.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
Gregg
Conde de Quatloo

Post by Gregg »

HardyW wrote:Not for the first time I am wondering how much fantasy speculation the Quatloos mods are prepared to allow, regarding a named living human being, her employment situation and imagined health situation. Especially as there doesn't seem to be any actual news on the case at bar.
More than I have seen here so far.

Happy?
Supreme Commander of The Imperial Illuminati Air Force
Your concern is duly noted, filed, folded, stamped, sealed with wax and affixed with a thumbprint in red ink, forgotten, recalled, considered, reconsidered, appealed, denied and quietly ignored.
Burnaby49
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians
Quatloosian Ambassador to the CaliCanadians

Post by Burnaby49 »

Nothing even close to approaching Deep Knight's speculations about Putin and Hillary Clinton.
"Yes Burnaby49, I do in fact believe all process servers are peace officers. I've good reason to believe so." Robert Menard in his May 28, 2015 video "Process Servers".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XeI-J2PhdGs
Comrade Sharik
Pirate
Pirate

Post by Comrade Sharik »

I’m not sure I’d use the expression “stalling the process” here. Mental illness isn’t fun, is very real and can indeed make handling things like meetings with employers dificult to almost impossible. :-)
Apologies if that was poorly phrased. I'm a former TU rep, so I know that genuine mental health difficulties, especially where work is a contributing factor are very unpleasant. However, I'm also aware that (having had such cases) that some people will either exaggerate the scale of their illness, or more rarely, fake it. Which annoys me greatly, as aside from any other considerations, it makes people suspicious of any one with MH problems.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

ArthurWankspittle wrote:
JimUk1 wrote:Well you're all wrong anyway! She never had a lawful mortgage anyway according to this nutter in the comments-
Elisabeth Nolson
As the mortgage was not created with any lawful consideration it is null and void .
Yesterday at 07:23 · Like1Reply · More
Just to be clear on this (unless I have completely lost my marbles) there isn't a mortgage on Hanover Cottage. There is a court order or court ordered charge.

As is my understanding also. Which I find all the more bizarre that some of her hardcore followers are restoring to this advice.

How long before mortgage expert bullshit peddler Simon 'White Rabbit' and the likes feed her more bull on her path of destruction?
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

JimUk1 wrote:How long before mortgage expert bullshit peddler Simon 'White Rabbit' and the likes feed her more bull on her path of destruction?
Is there anything left to destroy? It looks to me like the court has ordered the home sold, with little or no concern for Rekha's equity. She's got to be out of legal options by now, especially the ones that require competent counsel and a chance of success. What could a new guru even do at this point?
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

From 225 to 135, big drop off there in offering price. It looks as if now, the sale is designed to, at a minimum, pay the expenses leveled against Rekha, and as said above, does nothing to protect her equity. She has had so many opportunities to make this right, pay smaller amounts, even walk away with something to buy a flat somewhere. Now, thanks to all the "Help" she got from Internet Guru's she will be left with nothing, and will still feel she has been wronged. Another in the Tom Crawford vein. If only they would have sort real legal advice, and not listened to the internet, they could have resolved this. For Rekha, she could have avoided the whole thing by using a reliable contractor, who understood work on Listed properties.

This was all preventable, but in Wreka's mind, the world is just against her, and it is probably racist....
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
JimUk1

Post by JimUk1 »

TheNewSaint wrote:
JimUk1 wrote:How long before mortgage expert bullshit peddler Simon 'White Rabbit' and the likes feed her more bull on her path of destruction?
Is there anything left to destroy? It looks to me like the court has ordered the home sold, with little or no concern for Rekha's equity. She's got to be out of legal options by now, especially the ones that require competent counsel and a chance of success. What could a new guru even do at this point?
Don't these gurus charge money for their "help".

Also, another roof top protest or the likes maybe likely; given they don't respect any sort of injunction anyway.

Just like the weather, these lot are utterly unpredictable and to me that sort of makes them dangerous too.
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

The auction guide price is just that, it could fetch much more depending on the bidding. The guide price is simply an indication of the minimum they will sell for.
There is no indication of the date of the auction on the rightmove page. This seems pretty useless.
SoLongCeylon

Post by SoLongCeylon »

NYGman wrote: Now, thanks to all the "Help" she got from Internet Guru's she will be left with nothing, and will still feel she has been wronged. Another in the Tom Crawford vein. If only they would have sort real legal advice, and not listened to the internet, they could have resolved this.

Q. What would have these people done before the internet enabled Guru's to provide Free Useless Advice?

A. Probably a lot better than they are doing now.
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

SoLongCeylon wrote:
NYGman wrote: Now, thanks to all the "Help" she got from Internet Guru's she will be left with nothing, and will still feel she has been wronged. Another in the Tom Crawford vein. If only they would have sort real legal advice, and not listened to the internet, they could have resolved this.

Q. What would have these people done before the internet enabled Guru's to provide Free Useless Advice?

A. Probably a lot better than they are doing now.
Do you think? I'm not so sure, I think the world has always been full of stupid people, it's just nowadays they're more visible to more people.

It seems to me that people decide on a path then go looking for people to help support them on the path they've already chosen, the internet only helps bring more of those people together.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

I think the internet is an enabler, and while this would happen without it, the "throngs" of supporters egging them on, and the Guru's validating their madness, will cause some to continue down a flawed path, and they will block out all reality. So while I would agree, stupidity will always exist, and people will always manage to do stupid things to themselves, the added Freeman echo chambers that is the UTUBE and formally GOOFY,only serve to reinforce the stupid, and do nothing to actually help. However, I will say, a majority of these idiot followers, do believe they are helping by offering unfettered support in the process of idiocy.
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
noblepa

Post by noblepa »

The Seventh String wrote:
Burnaby49 wrote: What dystopian nightmare of personal freedoms do you live in? In Canada, and probably the UK and America, teachers have no discretion about paying union dues. It's a mandatory deduction from their pay cheques before they get to see their money. I was a federal income tax auditor and a union member for my 35 year career. Not by choice but by law.
Trades union “closed shop” agreements have been illegal in the UK for over 30 years. And when they were legal most jobs weren’t covered by them anyway.
In the US, in some states, there are "Union shops". They are similar to "Closed shops". In a closed shop, one must be a union member prior to being hired. In a union shop, the employer can hire anyone they like, but the employee must immediately join the union.

However, many states are "Right to work" states, a term that I believe is a misnomer, because it merely means that one can not be forced to join a union under any circumstances. In those states, even union shops are illegal. It doesn't mean that unions can't organize the workers. It just means that if an individual employee chooses not to join the union, he/she can't be forced to do so.
exiledscouser

Post by exiledscouser »

NYGman wrote:I think the internet is an enabler, and while this would happen without it, the "throngs" of supporters egging them on, and the Guru's validating their madness, will cause some to continue down a flawed path, and they will block out all reality. So while I would agree, stupidity will always exist, and people will always manage to do stupid things to themselves, the added Freeman echo chambers that is the UTUBE and formally GOOFY,only serve to reinforce the stupid, and do nothing to actually help. However, I will say, a majority of these idiot followers, do believe they are helping by offering unfettered support in the process of idiocy.
I agree. It must also have been the case that before the delights of 'tinternet this sort of self-destructive 'madness' went on out of the public glare, perhaps on a lesser scale. I do respect the fact that certain parties may be suffering from MH issues but madness - its hard to use that word in anything other than a pejorative sense - certainly describes a course of action which sees you kicked out of house and home, probably ruined, financially, significantly risking a respectable career and alienated from friends.

The man with the placard and the cause he espouses

has a much wider audience these days.

It also allows the obsessional and deluded to do something they'd probably never have dreamed of prior to the web; publicising their every move and thought, inviting comment both in support and in condemnation from a truly world-wide audience.

Mad or bad, those featured in these threads?

I think, a bit of both. Neelu is clearly very unwell, Ebert, he's off the dial and beyond salvation, Rekha probably on a downward spiral who might yet step back from the brink, properly assisted; TC merely delusional. On the other hand the likes of Ceylon, Chrisy Morris, the Expert In FA and Dismal Dave are firmly in the latter camp. The Baron sits somewhere in between. All of the foregoing appear to have met through and are continuing to interact with one another using links that could only have been forged on the internet as NYGMan concludes.

The real problem being that, mad or bad, each category has the potential to cause serious loss and or harm, if not to themselves, then to others. Directly in the case of Patel's long-suffering neighbour and indirectly from the fools who adopt their mindset and approach to life. They, their activities, intentions and possible motivations should not be immune from reasoned discussion.

I can't criticise those who speculate as to the motives of the likes of Ms. Patel, why she's chosen her 'path' and whether there is any possibility of redemption. "Fantasy Speculation" apart, there is plenty of empiric evidence in this 67 page thread (as you'd expect from Q) to allow at least fairly well-informed opinion and discussion based upon it. Our Mods are sufficiently astute to recognise necessary boundaries.

On a lighter note, do I think there'll be another roof-top protest? Not bloody likely - Glossop in winter is twinned with Siberia.
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

Interesting, this radio silence from Ms Patel. Has it finally sunk in that all options have been closed? TBH they were some long time ago.

Or could it be that some kind of restraining order was granted at the recent hearing? Image
exiledscouser wrote: On a lighter note, do I think there'll be another roof-top protest? Not bloody likely - Glossop in winter is twinned with Siberia.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.