Rekha Patel loses her house

Moderator: ArthurWankspittle

AnOwlCalledSage
Admiral of the Quatloosian Seas

Re: Rekha Patel loses her house

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

[Edit: Missed the last posting on this. Although the request to dissolve seems to have been made at the beginning of the year.]

From the Land Registry:
This extract shows information current on 3 JAN 2018 at 11:51:25

REGISTER EXTRACT
Title Number : DY351143
Address of Property : Patel Cottage, Simmondley Village, Glossop (SK13 6LS)
Price Stated : £100
Registered Owner(s) : TUNKASHILA LIMITED (Co. Regn. No. 10522429) of Unit 9, Perseverance Works, 38 Kingsland Road, London E2 8DD.
Lender(s) : None
C: Charges Register
This register contains any charges and other matters that affect the land.
1 (15.04.2015) Equitable charge created by an interim charging order of the County Court at Manchester dated 26 March 2015 in favour of Washington Red Juicy Apples (Court Reference 1IR69558).
2 (22.04.2016) UNILATERAL NOTICE in respect of a Charging Order dated 4 April 2016.
3 (22.04.2016) BENEFICIARY: Washington Red Juicy Apples care of Plexus Law Limited trading as Cogent Law of Josephs Wells, Hanover Walk, Leeds LS3 1AB and DX716926 Leeds (reference 279353/1)
4 (25.07.2017) Agreement for an assured shorthold tenancy dated 14 November 2016 in favour of Rekha Patel from 14 November 2016 to 14 November 2026.
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
Wakeman52

Post by Wakeman52 »

This is now beyond a joke. She can wave the part about her being a tenant in the face of any prospective buyer that the estate agents find. That'll be enough to put many of them off. The sooner that there is an auction the better. I presume that the apples are the neighbour's nom de plume.
Our future is like that of the passengers on a small pleasure boat sailing quietly above the Niagara Falls, not knowing that the engines are about to fail. James Lovelock.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

Wakeman52 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:35 pm. I presume that the apples are the neighbour's nom de plume.
I think this forum automatically replaces the neighbor's name with that phrase.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

TheNewSaint wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 6:14 pm
Wakeman52 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:35 pm. I presume that the apples are the neighbour's nom de plume.
I think this forum automatically replaces the neighbor's name with that phrase.
I thought it was my extension acting up https://chrome.google.com/webstore/deta ... f?hl=en-US
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
TheNewSaint

Post by TheNewSaint »

I'm a "cloud to butt" user myself.
NYGman

Post by NYGman »

TheNewSaint wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 7:30 pm I'm a "cloud to butt" user myself.
Need to try that one then... :D
The Hardest Thing in the World to Understand is Income Taxes -Albert Einstein

Freedom's just another word for nothing left to lose - As sung by Janis Joplin (and others) Written by Kris Kristofferson and Fred Foster.
grixit
Recycler of Paytriot Fantasies

Post by grixit »

Wakeman52 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:35 pm I presume that the apples are the neighbour's nom de plume.
Nom de pomme?
Three cheers for the Lesser Evil!

10 . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . 2
. . . . . . Dr Pepper
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . . 4
Hercule Parrot

Post by Hercule Parrot »

Wakeman52 wrote: Thu Apr 26, 2018 3:35 pm This is now beyond a joke. She can wave the part about her being a tenant in the face of any prospective buyer that the estate agents find. That'll be enough to put many of them off. The sooner that there is an auction the better.
Yes, but the joke is on Wrekha. As with Crawford Castle, the property will eventually be sold at a huge discount to a speculator who's prepared to deal with the revanchist encumbrances. All the court costs, legal and security bills etc will be deducted from the proceeds of sale, potentially leaving no remaining equity for Princess Patel.
"don't be hubris ever..." Steve Mccrae, noted legal ExpertInFuckAll.
Mike_p
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Mike_p »

There is of course another interesting possibility that could arise.
If the directors don't pay attention to the legal requirements for maintaining a company, Tunkshila could be dissolved and the assets revert to the crown.
Dr. Caligari
J.D., Miskatonic University School of Crickets

Post by Dr. Caligari »

All the court costs, legal and security bills etc will be deducted from the proceeds of sale, potentially leaving no remaining equity for Princess Patel.
You don't do that "breaking on the wheel" thing in England anymore, I take it?
Dr. Caligari
(Du musst Caligari werden!)
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

Dr. Caligari wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:10 pm You don't do that "breaking on the wheel" thing in England anymore, I take it?
Who breaks a butterfly (like Rekha) upon a wheel?
Siegfried Shrink

Post by Siegfried Shrink »

It is self inflicted nowadays. Everyone is free to make their own wheel.
Siegfried Shrink

Mike_p wrote: Fri Apr 27, 2018 9:05 am There is of course another interesting possibility that could arise.
If the directors don't pay attention to the legal requirements for maintaining a company, Tunkshila could be dissolved and the assets revert to the crown.
Despite the alledged sale to Tunkashila, I doubt if in fact the company has any assets at all to forfeit.
He Who Knows

Post by He Who Knows »

Siegfried Shrink wrote:

Mike_p wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:05 am

Despite the alledged sale to Tunkashila, I doubt if in fact the company has any assets at all to forfeit.
Tunkashila Ltd (AKA Ken Thompson) has got until 13 September 2018 to file accounts. So plenty of time before the company gets dissolved.
The wise man does at once what the fool does finally (Niccolo Machiavelli)...and what the FMOTL never does (He Who Knows)
Mike_p
Cannoneer
Cannoneer

Post by Mike_p »

Ken Thompson has used an odd variation of his name ("Ken of the family Thompson") when registering as a director of Tunkshila.

He has used his normal name when registering as a director in the past, vis-a-vis "YA I NO PRODUCTIONS LTD".

According to Companies House "Is it illegal to knowingly provide wrong information for registration to Companies House (i.e. false names, variations of names, false address, false DOB)".
So there could be action taken before the filing date.
ArthurWankspittle
Slavering Minister of Auto-erotic Insinuation

Post by ArthurWankspittle »

He Who Knows wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:52 am Siegfried Shrink wrote:

Mike_p wrote: ↑
Fri Apr 27, 2018 10:05 am

Tunkashila Ltd (AKA Ken Thompson) has got until 13 September 2018 to file accounts. So plenty of time before the company gets dissolved.
The problem with all these idiots who form a company to (fill in the blank) is that they never research the consequences like having to employ an accountant to do the accounts, which will cost upwards of £1000 in fees. "ooh I've got a limited company" yeah great, come back in 21 months and tell me how it's doing then.
"There is something about true madness that goes beyond mere eccentricity." Will Self
jcolvin2
Grand Master Consul of Quatloosia

Post by jcolvin2 »

One asset might be the potential interest in proceeds from the sale of the property over and above the amounts going to the neighbor, her attorneys, and incidental costs (security) pursuant to the charging order.
Siegfried Shrink

I was of the impression, back around page 30 of this thread that the Chancery Court had ruled that the sale was a sham, that Rekha had no standing to convey the property, and particularly to convey the property in a manner detrimental in the extreme to her creditors, and contrary to the charges registered on the propery.

I may simply be confused, it was all complicated and unsupported by actual court reporting or transcripts. Or even something up to date from the Land Registry.
Even if the finest efforts of m'learned friends might be able to wiggle some interest for Tunkashila, we know that the people involved do not have the inclination or the resources for such a legal approach.
AnOwlCalledSage

Post by AnOwlCalledSage »

Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:28 pm I may simply be confused, it was all complicated and unsupported by actual court reporting or transcripts. Or even something up to date from the Land Registry.
The details I posted are the latest from the Land Registry as per Monday. It cost me £3! :whistle:
Never attribute to malice what can be adequately explained by stupidity - Hanlon's Razor
AndyPandy

Post by AndyPandy »

AnOwlCalledSage wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 6:23 pm
Siegfried Shrink wrote: Sat Apr 28, 2018 3:28 pm I may simply be confused, it was all complicated and unsupported by actual court reporting or transcripts. Or even something up to date from the Land Registry.
The details I posted are the latest from the Land Registry as per Monday. It cost me £3! :whistle:
What's odd is the date and time stamp, it's fixed at a date in January 2018, normally the register says it's up to date as per the date and time you log in, looks as though it's been 'Frozen' to a specific date in January.